[Q] Is it safe to flash 4.4.4 GApps ?

Search This thread

KiNG OMaR

Sep 20, 2010
Chicago
I also wish to do this. Get my G3 later! I thought after rooting stock and flashing this Gapps it'd remove LG's bloat ware and annoyances, etc. No/yes?

Well, I thought to upgrade to 4.4.4 version and also get missing google contacts, google dialer.

No. GAPPS contain bits like the playstore, camera libs, etc. GAPPS do not include anything essential to the phones use such as the dialer. It will not upgrade your version of android nor will it remove any LG bloat. Bad idea to flash GAPPS on a stock LG rom.

Last edited:

jodvova

Oct 2, 2012
London
No. GAPPS contain bits like the playstore, camera libs, etc. GAPPS do not include anything essential to the phones use such as the dialer. It will not upgrade your version of android nor will it remove any LG bloat. Bad idea to flash GAPPS on a stock LG rom.

What I meant is to upgrade gapps to version 4.4.4, not android to 4.4.4.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
1st of all we do not have a working recovery for flashing. secondly there is a reason your 4.4.2 phone doesn't get 4.4.4 google apps via the play store, if google changed the slightest thing in the 4.4.4 google apps framework you will be the proud owner of the all new bricked lg g3

so don't do it and wait for cm11 or lg

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: jodvova

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1st of all we do not have a working recovery for flashing. secondly there is a reason your 4.4.2 phone doesn't get 4.4.4 google apps via the play store, if google changed the slightest thing in the 4.4.4 google apps framework you will be the proud owner of the all new bricked lg g3

so don't do it and wait for cm11 or lg

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app