Low 4G on NC2?

Search This thread

Hackenstein

Aug 22, 2010
Anyone else having low signal on NC2? Since upgrading last night I've constantly had 1-2 bars on 4G whereas MJ7 was always much higher. Doesn't seem to matter where I am around town. Ran some errands earlier and kept track of signal strength. It ranged from 1-2 bars to nothing at all, dropping to 3G several times.

Running BajaROM.

Any thoughts?

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I have been coming across a lot of posts with people complaining of this. I myself, have not noticed a difference since the upgrade. But I also run my phone off of Net10 and I have always had 2-3 bar signal with my current setup.

Daedalus-420

May 19, 2014
BajaRom 15 and higher contains the new NC4 modem as part of the ROM. If you are having signal problems, you can flash back to the MJE modem using odin.

Personally, I'm not having any problems on the NC4 modem but I also live in an area where LTE Band 4 has been turned on. I often get better download speeds over LTE than I do from my 50 MB cable internet.

spatterson

Jul 6, 2014
Anyone else having low signal on NC2? Since upgrading last night I've constantly had 1-2 bars on 4G whereas MJ7 was always much higher. Doesn't seem to matter where I am around town. Ran some errands earlier and kept track of signal strength. It ranged from 1-2 bars to nothing at all, dropping to 3G several times.

Running BajaROM.

Any thoughts?

Yep - first thing I noticed after upgrading was how hard a time I was having getting 4G at all, when, prior to upgrading into Baja 16 was that I had 2-3 bars ALL_the_time at home, and now it's almost never coming up.

So, it's safe to go back to the MJE modem and it won't break anything?

I've had a Motorola droid the past 5 years or so, and I'm new to Samsung and the whole ODIN thing.

Thanks!

Hackenstein

Aug 22, 2010
BajaRom 15 and higher contains the new NC4 modem as part of the ROM. If you are having signal problems, you can flash back to the MJE modem using odin.

Personally, I'm not having any problems on the NC4 modem but I also live in an area where LTE Band 4 has been turned on. I often get better download speeds over LTE than I do from my 50 MB cable internet.

My baseband is still showing NC2. Could that be the issue? The ROM has 4 baked in but the baseband is looking for something different? Stupid question probably, but thought I'd bring it up.

Daedalus-420

May 19, 2014
Sorry, I should have clarified. Baja might have the NC 4 modem file included with the rom, but the only way to change your modem is via Odin. If you are on nc2, I'd recommend upgrading to the nc4 modem as their have been lots of reported problems with the nc2 modem.

Reactions: Hackenstein

Hackenstein

Aug 22, 2010
Sorry, I should have clarified. Baja might have the NC 4 modem file included with the rom, but the only way to change your modem is via Odin. If you are on nc2, I'd recommend upgrading to the nc4 modem as their have been lots of reported problems with the nc2 modem.

Ah, got it! Thanx for breaking it down. It's tough when you get your phone the way you want it then disappear from the scene for months on end then come back not having a clue what all has changed. I appreciate people who take that into consideration and drop some info for us rusty hackers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.