[Q] Trying to install 4.3 OTA

Search This thread

airtrons

Jan 19, 2008
My phone is rooted, and has TWRP custom recovery installed.

The phone automatically downloaded the OTA, and tried to install it. With TWRP, the update failed and my phone is working fine now.

I don't need the rooting anymore (was for teetering, but with new data plan it's now included). So I'm okay with losing the root and all.

Using SuperSU I deselected the rooting, and after reboot RootCheck tells me my phone is not rooted. I still have TWRP installed.

Now, I'm stock MF1/ 4.1.2. How do I install the 4.3 update and remove the TWRP recovery? I found in another thread the 4.3 Tar file. Do I simply use Odin on my PC and flash it on my phone? What about TWRP?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

The phone automatically downloaded the OTA, and tried to install it. With TWRP, the update failed and my phone is working fine now.

I don't need the rooting anymore (was for teetering, but with new data plan it's now included). So I'm okay with losing the root and all.

Using SuperSU I deselected the rooting, and after reboot RootCheck tells me my phone is not rooted. I still have TWRP installed.

Now, I'm stock MF1/ 4.1.2. How do I install the 4.3 update and remove the TWRP recovery? I found in another thread the 4.3 Tar file. Do I simply use Odin on my PC and flash it on my phone? What about TWRP?

Are you sure you want the 4.3, this latest rom will lock your bootloader permanently, meaning you will NOT able to install CWM,TWRP, custom rom/kernel or downgrade the OS to the early version. The only thing you can do once updated is root. If you still decided to upgrade, just Odin the full rom MF1 here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196 then after bootup your OS should auto update to the latest (OTA).

Kevvy1066

Sep 17, 2009
Big D

I had the same question myself, and have been proverbially "running around in circles" today (instead of working). Anybody have success flashing said Odin file and then upgrading via the OTA?

Ha! I came from a mytouch3g years ago, flashing incessantly. I got this phone so i could stop. Then rooted to take the ads away, and got a bit more than I bargained for... now I just want back on OTA stock.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I had the same question myself, and have been proverbially "running around in circles" today (instead of working). Anybody have success flashing said Odin file and then upgrading via the OTA?

Ha! I came from a mytouch3g years ago, flashing incessantly. I got this phone so i could stop. Then rooted to take the ads away, and got a bit more than I bargained for... now I just want back on OTA stock.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

if you download this full firmware http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196 unzip the file then use Odin to flash, this will bring you back to pure stock rom with stock recovery (no more twrp/cwm). After this you will be prompt for OTA and just take the upgrade. Once done you should be on the latest factory 4.3 with locked bootloader.

airtrons

Jan 19, 2008
I ended up downloading the 4.3 files from another post here, and flashing it with Odin. Worked fine.

Of course, without a root, can't recover my apps from Titanium but oh well.

Sithlyone

Mar 10, 2011
I wish I would have found this thread before starting my own... woops. Anyway I would like to install 4.3 and I too rooted with twrp. I don't care anymore if I am rooted or not. I stopped flashing roms and such a while back and will be upgrading this next year to the s5 most likely.

Is there a way to install 4.3 w/out removing root? If not, since I never used odin, and used twrp what steps do/should I take to get back to where I can install 4.3?

Thank you.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I wish I would have found this thread before starting my own... woops. Anyway I would like to install 4.3 and I too rooted with twrp. I don't care anymore if I am rooted or not. I stopped flashing roms and such a while back and will be upgrading this next year to the s5 most likely.

Is there a way to install 4.3 w/out removing root? If not, since I never used odin, and used twrp what steps do/should I take to get back to where I can install 4.3?

Thank you.

Since your life is too busy and you don't want to mess with your phone anymore, your best bet is go back to stock 4.3 which is very good by the way, very stable, smooth and bug free. After so many complaints from my wife I rolled it back to stock 4.3 and she's so happy now.
1. Flash stock MF1 here http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23134718111254196 , just unzip the flash with Odin
2. Your phone should take the 4.3 OTA update and you're home free.