Z ultra loud vibrate

Search This thread

lee.n

Nov 21, 2012
Hi Guys,

I noticed today that my Z ultra vibrate is loud. I actually hear something inside the phone like a fly or piece of paper or small object was stucked.

It's very annoying and sounds like the vibratory is broken or something so I temporary disable any hectic feedback and notifications (vibrate)

Is anybody who experience this issue and was able to fix?

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
Hi Guys,

I noticed today that my Z ultra vibrate is loud. I actually hear something inside the phone like a fly or piece of paper or small object was stucked.

It's very annoying and sounds like the vibratory is broken or something so I temporary disable any hectic feedback and notifications (vibrate)

Is anybody who experience this issue and was able to fix?

I don't know if you're actually hearing what you think you are - or you just aren't used to the vibration on the Z Ultra.

The Ultra's vibrator is the loudest I've ever heard on a phone.

lee.n

Nov 21, 2012
The noise of the vibrate is louder than it vibrates the phone. I am not sure if the vibrates get worst as I disable the vibrate when I got the phone. Now I want to use it and hearing the weird noise inside the phone when it vibrates.

Wondering if this is defective or its normal.. Noise is like something is loose inside the phone.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
The noise of the vibrate is louder than it vibrates the phone. I am not sure if the vibrates get worst as I disable the vibrate when I got the phone. Now I want to use it and hearing the weird noise inside the phone when it vibrates.

Wondering if this is defective or its normal.. Noise is like something is loose inside the phone.

Not normal, well at least mine is not noisy at all

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Granted, the Ultra's vibrator is really loud, but I can't say that I've heard any rattling noises inside it. It's really really hard to help you when all we get is a forum post without some audio :p You should upload a YouTube video.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

lee.n

Nov 21, 2012
Thanks, LordManhattan, blueether, and hassanmahmood.

I record the vibrate noise on the same phone as I do not have any digital camera or phone that I can use to record the noise at the moment.

Note that the actual sound is a bit lesser than you can hear on the recording. But it sound like it.

first 10 Secs = vibrate with sound when I press and hold the icon for a sec.
18 secs = is the vibrate with sound on Diagnostic section (Settings > About Phone > Diagnostic > Test Device > Vibration) - This sounds like electric shaver.

Here's the like where you can download the recording.
http://uylee.com/shared/ZXU-VibrateIssue.mp3

I hope the sound file helps :)

Thanks.

Reactions: fastest83

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand

I record the vibrate noise on the same phone as I do not have any digital camera or phone that I can use to record the noise at the moment.

Note that the actual sound is a bit lesser than you can hear on the recording. But it sound like it.

18 secs = is the vibrate with sound on Diagnostic section (Settings > About Phone > Diagnostic > Test Device > Vibration) - This sounds like electric shaver.

Thanks.

Mine sounds nothing like that

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012

Thanks.

I had the same problem, and it turned out I had the back glass up by half a millimeter. It caused the vibration to make more noise than normal.
Give this a try: hold tight the lower left side of your Ultra and redo the test.
Does it sound better? Like, muffled? If it does, it definitely is the back cover lifting, another case of bad gluing.
If it doesn't, I don't know how to help you...

lee.n

Nov 21, 2012
Hi, when I hold the lower left of the phone it gets a little better but the noise still there. :( I called Sony and they said the shaver noise like is normal to Z ultra.

lee.n

Nov 21, 2012
Oh well, I really love the phone and it does all I want on a phone plus more. However this issue really annoyed me.

Is there somebody who solves the issue? I know I should have Sony service center check the phone but I want to knowing somebody bring their unit to Sony center and able to fix it and what might have cause the issue and what parts has been replaced? I want to know first so I don't waste my time going there leave my phone and they won't be able to fix

Thanks guys again for Sharing your thoughts :)

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
Hi, when I hold the lower left of the phone it gets a little better but the noise still there. :( I called Sony and they said the shaver noise like is normal to Z ultra.

If it gets better, you may have a slightly misplaced vibration motor.
If you look close enough, do you see the back glass up even by a thin hair?

I sent mine back to repair, it had the back lifted a little bit (which caused the vibrating excessive noise), but I also hard bricked, and they gave me a new one due to "lack of experience on the device, Sony gave us the direct order of replacing the units, we're not able to repair them yet".
But it was like a month after the release the may repair yours... just be sure to go for an official Sony repair center, if you don't wanna end up with a badly glued panel, leading to a dead phone after exposing it to water.

lee.n

Nov 21, 2012
Hi closely look at the back glass for about 2 to 3 minutes and I don't see any glass misalignment.

I might bring the unit to official Sony service center, problem is I do not have any spare phone to use haha. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.