[Q] after Rom flash issue

Search This thread

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
I've tried 3 different roms today, Viper one, badboys, and android revolution HD.

After I flashing with the latest TWRP then, wiping davik/cache, and rebooting the same result. I can see the fancy LOCK screen but after I slide up to unlock it, all I can see is the green HTC logo with the wite background, then after awhile it'll reboot. in addition it tells me that com.htc.htcdialer isn't responding and asks if I want to close it.

help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
Ok, i tried twrp version 2633, I tried to go to recovery but it goes straight to a regular boot, I also tried philz, which did the same as the latest twrp.

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
Try the fastboot erase cache command and then see if u can get into recovery. U need twrp for arhd

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That worked, I got back into recovery. But we're back at square one, Green HTC logo with white background also, "Process com.htc.htcdialer isn't responding"

I let it sit there for about 40 mins after i chose to wait instead of closing com.htc.htcdialer and the phone setupstarted. wooo. Lets see how it runs. so far i'm getting no service bars from sprint and sync'ing contact is stuck of syncing, it's been more than an hr.

UPDATE, i rebooted and once again i'm stuck at the green HTC logo with the white background after unlocking the screen.

Last edited:

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
Bump. reading around, nothing is working. tried formating and full wipes before rom flashes, also tried doing a RUU but it fails. giving me a 155, Yes I was relocked for for the RUU and i had to go in fastboot usb for the RUU to detect my phone.

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
Sure.

version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
version-baseband: N/A
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main:
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
product: m7_wls
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0720000
cidnum: SPCS_001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 3826mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
hbootpreupdate: 11

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
I'm no expert on that. But that is the Sprint mobile correct? I'm not sure of the difference between that and the international one. Did you try flashing roms from the Sprint HTC one forum. They may not be compatible

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

You really should post in the Sprint forum anyways :)

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Sure.

version-main:

I think you're doing quite a few mistakes here, including using recoveries not for you phone.

TWRP for Sprint is here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7wls

Now luckily you are S-Off, so best to RUU back to Sprint to fix your partitions, then you can start customizing again.

With S-Off there is no need to lock/relock bootloader, you can leave it UNLOCKED.

If you are using an RUU.EXE then you will manually have to downgrade hboot to 1.44 first for it to work, otherwise I would really recommend you use a ruu.zip (and make sure it's Sprint and check MD5 on the download to know it's not corrupt):

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
<- yes TWICE !!
fastboot reboot-bootloader

And don't even think about S-ON!!

Reactions: nibblemynutz

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
I think you're doing quite a few mistakes here, including using recoveries not for you phone.

Now luckily you are S-Off, so best to RUU back to Sprint to fix your partitions, then you can start customizing again.

With S-Off there is no need to lock/relock bootloader, you can leave it UNLOCKED.

If you are using an RUU.EXE then you will manually have to downgrade hboot to 1.44 first for it to work, otherwise I would really recommend you use a ruu.zip (and make sure it's Sprint and check MD5 on the download to know it's not corrupt):

fastboot oem rebootRUU
<- yes TWICE !!

nkk71
I ran different recoveries for the m7, twrp 263, philz, twrp 70 because I was told the newer twrp recovery has slight bugs. I always wiped clean after I tried installing roms also. I'll take your advice and try the RUU.zip.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
nkk71
I ran different recoveries for the m7, twrp 263, philz, twrp 70 because I was told the newer twrp recovery has slight bugs. I always wiped clean after I tried installing roms also. I'll take your advice and try the RUU.zip.

best to use an ruu.zip to get your partitions back in order, then go ahead and flash a recovery (specifically for Sprint; eg I don't think Sprint has a 2.6.3.3 version), and then you can customize your phone to your liking

most of us are on m7_u/ul , so it's sort of "second nature" to say: use twrp 2.6.3.3

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
So i pushed Ruu.zip to my /sdcard idk if i needed that and did fastboot fastboot oem rebootRUU then fastboot flash zip ruu.zip twice like you said. I tried again after deleting Ruu.zip from my /sdcard and it still gave me

sending 'zip' (1601236 KB)...
FAILED (remote: 02 data length is too large)
finished. total time: 0.008s

I got the RUU.zip file from here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910

I'm gonna try this RUU file from here

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-m7_wls_jb_50_sprint_1-29-651-10_ruu_decrypted-zip/

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
So i pushed Ruu.zip to my /sdcard idk if i needed that and did fastboot fastboot oem rebootRUU then fastboot flash zip ruu.zip twice like you said. I tried again after deleting Ruu.zip from my /sdcard and it still gave me

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-m7_wls_jb_50_sprint_1-29-651-10_ruu_decrypted-zip/

the RUU.zip needs to be in the folder with fastboot ..not on the phone
the 4.xx. one should work fine just be sure you got the decrypted one not the RUU.EXE in a zip file :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: nibblemynutz

nibblemynutz

Oct 6, 2010
the 4.xx. one should work fine just be sure you got the decrypted one not the RUU.EXE in a zip file :eek:

Haha, I had double checked and found that out.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help. Especially nkk71!

All is well, my phone is functional again!, now for the 2nd attempt for a custom rom flash! Looking at bad boy or android revolution! I'm not sure about viper one but heard good things about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try the fastboot erase cache command and then see if u can get into recovery. U need twrp for arhd

Sure.

version-main:

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    <- yes TWICE !!