[Q] Poll - Do you have GPS issues?

Do you have GPS issues?

• Total voters
Search This thread

androidmonkey

Mar 3, 2009
Poll to see how many people have issues. Please post your the info below about your phone, maybe we can find a reason why some people have 0 issues.

Issues: Yes/No
Firmware Version:
Baseband Version:
Kernel Version:
Manuf. Date:

Mine

Issues: Yes
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: T959UVJFD
Kernel Version: 2.6.29
Manuf. Date: will post when i get home

db3

Aug 3, 2010
Chennai, India
same specs as yours... I assume MD is on the box somewhere so i'll check when i'm home too...

androidmonkey

Mar 3, 2009
If anyone knows a Manufacture code to enter in the phone to get the Manufacturer date, please post it. Thanks.

bellrb19

Aug 21, 2009
Ship data: 7-1-10

My tracks will hardly ever work correctly. Sometimes the phone locks up and the screen is black with bottom buttons lit up, does a soft reboot and begins media scanner. Sometimes it will record half the track and then never be able to acquire a signal for hours.

androidmonkey

Mar 3, 2009
My tracks will hardly ever work correctly. Sometimes the phone locks up and the screen is black with bottom buttons lit up, does a soft reboot and begins media scanner. Sometimes it will record half the track and then never be able to acquire a signal for hours.

I had my phone reboot twice because of the GPS. Once using Maps and the other time using Google Earth.

Big Dog KMc

May 11, 2010
I got mine 3 days ago. used the gps yesterday going home from work. It locked on in 45 sec's drove about 6 miles(15 mile trip). Lost gps signal and never restored. Today Tried to use it to go to work. Locked on in 55 Sec's typed in destination but as I began typing all the text turned into chinese characters. as i typed more then it posted address in england. at the very end it found the correct address. tapped on go and lost my gps signal.

Jon C

Jul 17, 2010
Seattle
Same here. :(

Ship Date: 07/01/2010

boomerbubba

Jul 20, 2010
You need an option that says: "I think my GPS works fine, but in all candor I really wouldn't know how to tell if it didn't."

courtmagician

Issues: Yes, although I haven't used GPS that much
Date on Box: 7/12/10 (not sure what that refers to)

Can the people who don't have issues please post the info above, so far all the people who posted have issues and all the info matches - if I go back to get a replacement, I'm hoping to avoid a "broken" phone, presuming I can do that.

Last edited:

}{Alienz}{

Jul 22, 2010
Colorado
OnePlus 9 Pro
Issues: NO
Firmware: 2.1-update 1
Kernel: 2.6.29
Baseband: T959UVJFD
Build: Eclair

I had the "GPS fix" applied as soon as I got it so I never tested if the fix actually made it work or it was already working. I have NO data plan on it so wireless doesn't get me any locations :).
GPS takes about 2-3 minutes to determine location from a cold boot (which I find is just fine) after which it is ROCK solid and dead on accurate until I turn it off.

oakie

Jan 25, 2010
Seattle, WA
revtarded.com
Dude, then you have GPS issues. It shouldnt take 2-3 minutes to find your location...

yeah, actually it can, especially when he said he has no data plan, and thus has to wait for TTF and has said specifically that it's 2-3 minutes for a cold TTF. he also made no mention of his surroundings that may also affect cold TTF.

now if he said it was a hot fix, then there would be reason for concern.

Tpavey

Jul 14, 2010
Mine seems to work well right after a boot. Sometimes when I try to navigate after the phone has been on sometimes the phone will lock and reboot automatically. Sometimes It just never locks.

Last time I was not able to get a lock I started TeleNav, then quit the program at the point when it asks if I want to start my free trial. Then maps/navigate started working again.

This is with the "fix" by the way. Rarely was able to get a lock after boot before the fix.

Everything is stock and I picked up my device on day one. Don't have the box in front of me for the actual ship date.

Bugdog

Feb 22, 2010
Washington, DC
You need an option that says: "I think my GPS works fine, but in all candor I really wouldn't know how to tell if it didn't."

This goes for me too - have only had it a couple of days, but it seems to work mostly just fine. Sometimes very accurate (2-3 meters), other times less so. Tested it driving around and it had me locked the whole way. Google earth did freeze and lock up my phone once, so I had to pull the battery, but that's about it. It doesn't work well in my house, but I barely get service inside, so that's no surprise - but it doesn't seem to work as well as my brother's G1, or at least the one time I tried this afternoon. So overall it seems okay.

My info is the same as everyone else's - stock, not rooted, 2.1 update 1, same baseband, etc. Ship date on the box is 7/21/2010.

hostkiller

Aug 4, 2010
I am running stock and not even rooted.
I got mine at Fry's (Plano) last Sunday.
Work like a champ since day one.
I am so glad my GPS is working fine without issue.

Sorry for those folks who have problem with their GPS, you should have return and exchange for a new one.
If the GPS issue is still there after the exchange, then it's probably your geographic location?
Just a guess.