[Q] Flash EU firmware on US model?

Search This thread

Frijns

Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

There are a few similar threads and it looks like it should be possible but i didn't get it to work.
Bought a Samsung Tab 4 8" in the US and tried to flash the NL firmware onto it found on Sammobile:
URL to Sammobile > /firmwares/3/?download=28816

For this i used Odin and followed the instructions but i get a message on the Tab 4
Security fail: [slb1]

Tried this with the tablet in normal mode an in usb debug mode after turning on the developer options, but that made no difference.
Since it's not that of a big deal to work with the English language and i don't want it bricked i left it at that, but i still would like to know if someone succeeded in doing this?

hans3103

Nov 25, 2007
venlo
Fairphone
Motorola Edge 30
Hello, I found a solution for the language problem. When I bought the tablet in Canada I couldn't choose much languages. Dutch was for example not visible, after a reset (menu button /volume up/ power button) choose for factory reset. I was able to choose which language I want so as told by some people the languages are there but not visible is true. So I installed it now like I want it..... Maybe a solution for others.....

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app