Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

Search This thread

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
Question for those with a white 2000mah official extended battery

I received mine today from Amazon. and the top part of the new backing didn't clip into the phone. I've sent it back for a replacement. My question is, has anyone experienced this before or was I just unlucky and got a faulty cover? I have the I9100p (the NFC) model and was wondering if there is a compatibility issue?

Many thanks!

antonyjcross

Oct 1, 2010
Hi,

Had exactly the same issue - I also have the 9100P and the back cover is slightly changed from the 9100 , the tabs on it are deeper and the extended back will not fit correctly.

I have yet to find an extended battery designed for the 9100P , ebay , amazon etc all sell the standard one. . .

I have also found that the phone does not fit well in all cases - again the back appears to be very slightly deeper??

Sorry cant be more helpful. .

All the best

Antony

Reactions: winwiz

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
Hi,

Had exactly the same issue - I also have the 9100P and the back cover is slightly changed from the 9100 , the tabs on it are deeper and the extended back will not fit correctly.

I have yet to find an extended battery designed for the 9100P , ebay , amazon etc all sell the standard one. . .

I have also found that the phone does not fit well in all cases - again the back appears to be very slightly deeper??

All the best

Antony

thanks for the reply matey
looks like ill have to cancel the order for the extended battery :cool:

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
extended battery that makes the back of the phone flat without that curve?,i hear some have their clips at different positions, i dont know why samsung did this, i havent brought one due to this.

bazglen

Dec 3, 2010
I know there are a few people having problems with the fit of the new back cover for the extended battery but here's how i solved my problem.

I don't know about anyone else but my original battery cover actually fits although it is tight and there is a ridge in the back of the cover because of the thickness of the bigger battery. I got round this by using a nail file to file down the thicker plastic end caps at the top and bottom so they are flush with the thickness of the actual battery body i also rounded off the sharp edges. it doesn't give you much maybe just 1mm but it's enough to get a decent fit.

i hope i've explained that ok :)

Last edited:

bazglen

Dec 3, 2010

Hold the battery side on you can see the top and the bottom plastic ends are just a little thicker than the battery body, they are the places to file but don't go mad. You'll only get about a millimeter but it's all you need. I've done it on my black i9100 and my daughters white one although the black battery cover is a little more flexible and easier to get on.

G

Guppy321

I have a similar problem with the black extended battery back cover I bought for my Orange I9100P. I got it from Amazon UK and I got a Korean NFC battery but the back cover from the UK battery just doesn’t snap in properly.

The bottom left just won’t snap in for some reason. The strange thing is that my mother has a SG2 from O2 the I9100 version and it fits perfectly into that phone. Is there a difference between the two models or is it a manufacturing fault with my phone? Should I send it back to Amazon for a replacement or should I be sending the phone back?

I have two pictures with the back cover on my phone, one with me pressing it down and the other with it loose but I'm not allowed to link to URLs yet. So if you want to see them go to imgur with this after the .com a/kaflG

G

GuestD2553

this is the same as me it wont snap on right, i have even shaved the bits on the back off and still wont fit in right or the bottom left to.

i tried bending it a bit as well with still same of not fitting in right :(

gorak86

Feb 23, 2012
Yeovil
I have i9100 and my girlfriend the i9100p.

I use the official extended battery and it stays on but not perfect. It does not fully snap on at the top.

It will not stay on at all on i9100p so I don't think there is a fault at all here it just seems that the p is slightly different for some reason and the back covers provided with the larger battery are just not that well made.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

iozzo

Mar 23, 2012
Italy
I may be wrong but I heard that the battery of the i9100p hosts the antenna of the NFC. Hence the different size with the i9100.
So, appart from your problem, changing the battery will mean that your NFC won't work anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

All the best

Antony