Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

95rr900

Dec 19, 2008
Pennsylvania
One feature I really like about AOKP, is the navbar works pretty well and can be turned on and off. This is a great feature for those of us that have lapdocks.

Will everything that works now in AOKP and CNA still work in the Kitchen sink?

Thanks, looking forward to this!!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

^^rac

Dec 19, 2006
Cape Town
One feature I really like about AOKP, is the navbar works pretty well and can be turned on and off. This is a great feature for those of us that have lapdocks.

Will everything that works now in AOKP and CNA still work in the Kitchen sink?

Thanks, looking forward to this!!

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Yeah, thats about the only reason why im using AOKP and not this one, NAVBAR heheheeh

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
Hey Joker thanks for all of this! I would be extremely happy if there was a big keyboard on these builds!! (i.e. Neutrino keyboard) the cm9 keyboards are too small :(
Thanks!

EDIT: Ohh scratch it ! I saw that there were 3 keyboard options :/ my bad! Great work still! (hope there is one as huge as Neutrino! lol)

Last edited:

jeanpiere

May 31, 2007
Tablet Mod

This project is gonna be quite awesome!! Umm, as a feature request, could we also have an option to have the tablet mod?? In the absence of an official ICS build the tablet mod would really bring this very close to the Moto ICS especially for those of us that use the Laptop and HD docks. Looking forward to your good work joker.

djluis48

Nov 16, 2009
Santo Domingo
This project is gonna be quite awesome!! Umm, as a feature request, could we also have an option to have the tablet mod?? In the absence of an official ICS build the tablet mod would really bring this very close to the Moto ICS especially for those of us that use the Laptop and HD docks. Looking forward to your good work joker.

That would be awesome, the option to auto trigger Tablet Mode when the phone is connected to the Lapdock/HDDock.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

i31us

Oct 14, 2011
Awesome, looking forward for the release and testing it. Big thanks to Jokersax and all the developers that are working on improving the user experience on Atrix.

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
-Neutrino Keyboard.
-AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
-Tablet mod
-MIUI lockscreen
-Fingerprint Navigation.
-Apex Launcher
-ICS Wallpapers (ill try to upload .apk)

Omg, I have to stop, the thought of all these things being combined into one rom is too overwhelming, im having a nerd panic attack!!!

CANT WAIT BOYS!!!! :)

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
And please, DEV'S!!!

PM me if you need a beta tester!!!

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

You guys are killing me with these "feature requests." This is one guy taking on a huge project in his valuable "spare" time. How about we let him get at least one alpha release going, and see where it's at, before asking for things that all of Motorola hasn't been able to do yet.

Joker has ASKED for request during the building process so he can include as much as he possibly can.

Cause he just kicks ass like that :)

Reactions: shidoro and Sass86
You guys are killing me with these "feature requests." This is one guy taking on a huge project in his valuable "spare" time. How about we let him get at least one alpha release going, and see where it's at, before asking for things that all of Motorola hasn't been able to do yet.
Um...
jokersax11 said:
Also requests are nice especially during the building period
You were saying?

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
And please, DEV'S!!!

PM me if you need a beta tester!!!

We all are willing to do that. So saying as much wont get you anymore into the testing over anyone else. Hence why he posted the topic, everyone is going to be a tester.

Joker has ASKED for request during the building process so he can include as much as he possibly can.

Cause he just kicks ass like that :)

Yes Joker did ask. But overwhelming him with feature YOU want and features that will benefit all are 2 completely different things. So try thinking more for everyone and less about what you want. Cause after all this ROM will be the kitchen sink and will be made for everyone, not just you in mind. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no wiping before flashing kitchen sink
    the files are need for the touchscreen to work

What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    The entire kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
    -Tablet mod
    -MIUI lockscreen
    -Fingerprint Navigation.

Downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period
    Joker and I got Kitchen working well in Photon. I finally got Aroma set up to the Atrix last night (took me 3 days). Time for me to get down to some work on the Atrix Kitchen. :) With any luck, we can get you guys a good, working 3 rom zip sometime today/tonight
    Existing ICS ROMs are diarrhea. I don't understand why you would take on a project this huge if what already exists is broken. Just saying...

Sent from my MB860 CM7 RC1 37p Radio

What is the point of this response? How does this add anything to the development of anything? Why do you care so much about what we are doing with our seemingly "wasted effort"?

Seriously, people....if you have something to assist us with this project, be it a question or comment that is helpful and relevant, we would love to hear it. If all you want to do is dis out work or make irrelevant and unnecessary comments, then save your time and keep it to yourself. I don't care if anyone doesn't like what we are choosing to do here with our work. We have CHOSEN to take on this project as a challenge to see if we can produce something that we thought would be cool. Nobody is requiring anyone to come to this thread.

SO,

Lets get back to work, and all those of you who would like to make irrelevant comments like this guy and the guy he was quoting, please feel free to close your browser or check another thread. Have a great day! :)
    Lots of changes coming, mainly isolating features that don't play well with certain options. However what's planned it

Aokp
    Mystery rom
    Better tweak options with lots and lots of tweaks
    Better base options(keep options that don't work isolated)
    Tablet mod hopefully for all bases
    Card style multitasking option
    More options
    Fixes to prevent issues between bases
    Multi language support

Keep in mind this is a lot of work so not all of it will be done anytime soon.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
    Any news on these releases ? Will they even happen ?

Patience...Patience

Everyone:
    Gonna really need your help when this next version drops Gonna need you to test different configurations out for us and let us know what happens. Seriously...this next release has the following:
    5 roms
    Extended Battery configuration for each
    7 boot animations
    2 extra File Managers
    Gapps with Face Unlock
    GPS Config
    2 Kernels
    4 Keyboards
    6 Launchers
    Forced/Non-forced Ril
    Alternate 2d libs
    CDMA/GSM (as well as tweaked/non tweaked) props for EACH BUILD
    rotation fix
    tts options
    Wallpaper options
    flash
    genie widget
    gallery
    maps
    music options
    reloaded
    titanium
    voicesearch
    weather
    youtube
    It will LITERALLY have HUNDREDS of possible configurations. There is NO way with the small group of devs we have on this project that we could EVER test all of this and have any time to add in new functions....or even keep our base roms (or this one) current. We'd be spending all day flashing.
    I know it's fun to just set your nicely working phone and wait for our next drop, but if that's what everyone does, this will take FOREVER to get properly set up so that we do not have non-compatible options showing up on roms.
    I know bootanimation loops suck, but they are ESSENTIAL for us to know what options you chose.

THANKS in advance for assisting us in this....and hope you enjoy the Kitchen!