[Q] Frustrated NOOB needs a little help installing rom

Search This thread

techcntr

Nov 7, 2013
After several days struggle, I'm burned out. Some of the threads here have 100+ pages, and searches yield too much outdated, irrelevant info. So, I'm asking for some direction (as simple as possible, please).

I'm trying to set up my unlocked HD2 (originally T-Mo, but unlocked and using AT&T) for dual-boot, WM6.5 and Android. As you know, the choices for android rom are mind-boggling. I don't need anything fancy, just something up-to-date and stable. I would like, however, something LOUD.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Using despy1989's March 2010 guide (four years old already!), I have my HD2 booting up asking to choose Android or WM. If I choose Android, it does nothing, and defaults to WM.

I have SUNDAWG-CM7-NATIVESD rom loaded (or I think I do) in the android directory of the SD card. I'm not sure this one will meet my LOUD requirement, but since it won't load, I can't tell.

If I tap the new Android icon, it does nothing. If I tap the Android SoftReset icon, it resets but does not load Android, goes to WinMo.

If I go to File Explorer, and run haret, I get the message "failed to load file \storagecard\android\sdcard\nativesd\zimage"

What do I do next?

ANY help is much appreciated.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
How did you installed Android as NativeSD? Did you made a partition on your SD in EXT4 which is needed for installing the Rom? Why you want keep WM 6.5 anyway?

techcntr

Nov 7, 2013
Reply to your ?

How did you installed Android as NativeSD? Did you made a partition on your SD in EXT4 which is needed for installing the Rom? Why you want keep WM 6.5 anyway?

AFAIK, yes it is installed as NativeSD, Did not make a partition (there was conflicting advice as to whether it was necessary. I'm not ready to go "all in" and reformat my old SD card yet.)

Want to keep WM6.5 since it is the only one that works the way I need. I've been playing with a Sony X10a with Android 1.6 and am frustrated. I specifically need LOUDNESS and customizable ringtones and notifications, and relatively easy syncing with my PC.

Thanks for your reply and any further advice.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
If you do not make a partition EXT4 it will never be installed so you just messing around that is why is not working. From WM6.5 can be run only SD Android version or there is another way, much longer but it's the way how it have to be.

Install MAGLRD and Recovery, probably this will wipe the phone, make the partition on SD to Install NativeSD, Install the Rom as Native SD. Then flash back the Stock WM6.5, this will wipe MAGLRD and Recovery. Now start again Android from the folder created from the installation. It should boot.

techcntr

Nov 7, 2013
Reply to your suggestion

If you do not make a partition EXT4 it will never be installed so you just messing around that is why is not working. From WM6.5 can be run only SD Android version or there is another way, much longer but it's the way how it have to be.

Install MAGLRD and Recovery, probably this will wipe the phone, make the partition on SD to Install NativeSD, Install the Rom as Native SD. Then flash back the Stock WM6.5, this will wipe MAGLRD and Recovery. Now start again Android from the folder created from the installation. It should boot.

Sorry. As a NOOB, what you've suggested is Greek to me and far too complicated. I can't risking wiping the phone and bricking it.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Sorry. As a NOOB, what you've suggested is Greek to me and far too complicated. I can't risking wiping the phone and bricking it.

I did this 100 times and HD2 is not that easy to brick, I never heard about bricked HD2 before. Then if you don't want to do it you will never have NativeSD on your phone because the NativeSD have to be installed on EXT4 partition, there is no other way. The only Android which you can use is from this section HERE. Put it on SD with other stuff and run with the application from WM6.5. First boot is very long.

If you do not make a partition EXT4 it will never be installed so you just messing around that is why is not working
Sounds like "eating without plate".. :D

Sorry. As a NOOB, what you've suggested is Greek to me and far too complicated.
I can't risking wiping the phone and bricking it.
No, wipe (task29) won't even touch SPL parts.
So, unless you're super duper unlucky using wipe command, you won't bricking your device.
I don't know if you're already flash HSPL.
I suggest you to flash HSPL first, then the rest is up to you.. :)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Sounds like "eating without plate".. :D

:D ;)

No, wipe (task29) won't even touch SPL parts.
So, unless you're super duper unlucky using wipe command, you won't bricking your device.
I don't know if you're already flash HSPL.
I suggest you to flash HSPL first, then the rest is up to you.. :)

Yeah, You are right too, I forgot to mention HSPL and Radio have to be installed before do anything. :good:

It's all easy like eat ice cream. ;)

Some Tips How To Do It HERE

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Do you anyone who does this sort of thing for a reasonable fee? Preferably in the SW USA?

If you really can't do this I can assist you via Team Viewer, I will tell you what to do and what to download. Before that I have to see your bootloader. Send me a PM to arrange an appointament. :) I don't know nobody in USA at the moment or I don't know they are.

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
So, I'm asking for some direction (as simple as possible, please).

I'm trying to set up my unlocked HD2 (originally T-Mo, but unlocked and using AT&T) for dual-boot, WM6.5 and Android.

What do I do next?

ANY help is much appreciated.
Read this thread in HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development > [GUIDE] NativeSD for Windows Mobile (WM6.5) New Users
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986437

Feel free to ask for help there.

Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

techcntr

Nov 7, 2013
broken links, etc.

Read this thread in HTC Leo: HD2 > HD2 Android > HD2 Android SD Development > [GUIDE] NativeSD for Windows Mobile (WM6.5) New Users
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1986437

Feel free to ask for help there.

Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

Been trying to follow your steps, but when I get to "Native SD Install Recovery", the links are broken. (this is the very kind of frustrations I'm having - there does not appear to be one single step-by-step guide without numerous links to invalid or outdated sites. I don't need advertising either.)

I can't find the 4EXT partition (in W8.1) in order to install anything.

So, now what?