Q. battery question

Search This thread
P

podagee

Is anyone experiencing weird issues with battery before recharging? i had 2 days phone on batt and 3hrs screen on. It was at 53 % before i decided to charge. I fully charged it and now im losing 10% every hour even with phone on idle. Its weird cause every other charge will last a long time.

wolfclan68

Aug 5, 2010
Chula Vista, Ca
Is anyone experiencing weird issues with battery before recharging? i had 2 days phone on batt and 3hrs screen on. It was at 53 % before i decided to charge. I fully charged it and now im losing 10% every hour even with phone on idle. Its weird cause every other charge will last a long time.

Yeah, I'm still stock on this phone and I'm getting inconsistent battery life. I usually charge every night, so I'm running about 16-17 hours per day. Almost identical usage each day but one day I'll plug in with 45-50% remaining and the next it will be dead when i plug in. Very odd. I'm going to root this thing just so I can get rid of the bloat apps. Well, that may not be the only reason I root. I may be compelled to put some AOSP on this and see how it rocks it.

Prerevision

Jan 31, 2014
Richmond
well i don`t really recommend to ROOT stock rom, it caused for me a battery drain ! also KitKat known for drain issue even on Pure android on Nexus 5. I don`t really know a fix but i`d give u some tip and it might help :)

1. Re-flash D80020c
2. After re-flash do a factory reset
3. Don`t root or mod your OS
4. Turn off Sync or Location Service (or set to battery saver mode)

i did those steps and i have 34 hour on battery:
3 Hour screen on time (and about 30-40 min gaming in this 3 hour)
Left about 49%

i hope i helped a little :p

GenoMuch

Mar 2, 2014
Potential solutions:
◾Have a look in Settings > General > Battery and see what seems to be using the most power. You could have a problem app that’s using GPS or trying to update frequently. If you can identify the culprit then you can remove it.
◾There’s a slim chance you have a faulty handset. If adjusting your usage and tweaking settings doesn’t’ result in any improvement then take your LG G2 back to the retailer or carrier and get a replacement.

P

podagee

Potential solutions:
◾Have a look in Settings > General > Battery and see what seems to be using the most power. You could have a problem app that’s using GPS or trying to update frequently. If you can identify the culprit then you can remove it.
◾There’s a slim chance you have a faulty handset. If adjusting your usage and tweaking settings doesn’t’ result in any improvement then take your LG G2 back to the retailer or carrier and get a replacement.

I always have location turned off with all bloatware rwmoved. I honestly think you have to drain it to about 20% then charge. Cause i never have problems when i do that. Gonna try and drain it out again and recharge and see what happens then.

P

podagee

Are you having issues on KitKat out jellybean?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Its kitkat,it says rooted d80020c in my signature. Well here is my latest results. Left it on overnight and was at 53% with data off. Checked it this morning and everything was back to normal again no battery drain or low estimated battery times.weird cause i charged it around this percentage. I think you have to take it down to at least 20 before charging will find out later today when i charge.

Prerevision

Jan 31, 2014
Richmond
Its kitkat,it says rooted d80020c in my signature. Well here is my latest results. Left it on overnight and was at 53% with data off. Checked it this morning and everything was back to normal again no battery drain or low estimated battery times.weird cause i charged it around this percentage. I think you have to take it down to at least 20 before charging will find out later today when i charge.

well i really not heard about Deep sleep drain but while idle it`s drains bit faster then JB, with jb i could get max 40 hour and about 6hr screen on time and + 10-15% battery while on KK i can get 42 hour but about 5 hr and 45 min screen on time with 0% battery it`s seems a bit problem for 4.4.2 i think Google will fix it and hopefull we`ll get new update from AT&T if this prob will fixed :)

P.S i saw that if battery at 100%, overnight it won`t fall to 99 but while battery is on below 100% it drains about 1-2 % overnight is that a known prob?

Last edited:
P

podagee

well i really not heard about Deep sleep drain but while idle it`s drains bit faster then JB, with jb i could get max 40 hour and about 6hr screen on time and + 10-15% battery while on KK i can get 42 hour but about 5 hr and 45 min screen on time with 0% battery it`s seems a bit problem for 4.4.2 i think Google will fix it and hopefull we`ll get new update from AT&T if this prob will fixed :)

P.S i saw that if battery at 100%, overnight it won`t fall to 99 but while battery is on below 100% it drains about 1-2 % overnight is that a known prob?

1-2% overnight seems pretty good. Im sure thats normal.

P

podagee

Took it down to 20% and discharged and its fine. Im guessing its a bug,but, easy fix just take the battery down to 20% or lower before charging