[Q] Alternative Launcher

Search This thread

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
This will work. But the problem is you be back to Fire TV launcher if you press home button.
I got Llame rules to launch back the custom launcher. Credit goes to user from XBMC forum for the idea.

Reactions: deanemj

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
Well, I tried different launchers and here is my what I found.

Not all launchers are made for non touch screen device like Fire TV.

RUI Launcher for TV - Made for TV, but it does not show-up very well in Fire TV. Same thing with most of the Launchers like Nova, Go, ADW.

TV Box Launcher - Could be the best launcher for Fire Tv, but there is no way to launch it. It can be only launch by making it default launcher and pressing the home button. Its not possible for Fire TV at this moment.

TVLauncher - This is what I am using right now. It does not allow to add more than 2 shortcut on home screen without paying for full version through in-app purchase, which is again not possible in Fire TV. But it will show all apps listing by pressing right button on remote.

I will continue to try more to see if I can find anything better.

Last edited:

deanemj

May 2, 2014
This will work. But the problem is you be back to Fire TV launcher if you press home button.
I got Llame rules to launch back the custom launcher. Credit goes to user from XBMC forum for the idea.

That is a brilliant idea. I've been trying think of some way to do this and I stumbled on this thread. Thanks so much!

MadFlava

Jul 5, 2008
Can you use Home2 to make it go back to your launcher of choice? Probably not since you cant switch launchers to begin with and I forget if that needs root or not.

deanemj

May 2, 2014
Just for the record, Solo Launcher sucks on Fire TV. I mean, it works and whatnot, but it is not meant for a TV box.:p

I'm currently using Nova Launcher and it works fairly well with my K400.

Last edited:

deanemj

May 2, 2014

Could you post your Llama rule? I'm trying to make Llama launch Nova Launcher when I press the home button but I just can't figure it out.

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
Could you post your Llama rule? I'm trying to make Llama launch Nova Launcher when I press the home button but I just can't figure it out.

DO something like this:

When startup, start application nova and set variable custom_launcher = 1
If foreground application is KTV Launcher and custom_launcher = 1, start application nova.

In nova desktop create a lama shortcut with event set custom_launcher = 0 and launcher KTV launcher.

Reactions: deanemj

deanemj

May 2, 2014
DO something like this:

If foreground application is KTV Launcher and custom_launcher = 1, start application nova.

In nova desktop create a lama shortcut with event set custom_launcher = 0 and launcher KTV launcher.

Thank you so much! Once I started messing about with Llama is made much more sense. It's not exactly intuitive but with your help I've got it working like a charm! :D

pbcal

Sep 22, 2010
Can someone post some screen shots of their home screen after using autopilot/Llama and an alternate launcher? I'm interested in using an alternate launcher, but I'm lazy and don't want to put the effort in, unless it's worth it. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

I have everything working and it's really worth the effort. But I am too lazy to take a screen shot to post here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Hey, has anyone had success getting wallpaper to work properly with their launchers?

No. Always back background. I use this launcher. It has its own back ground and looks much better.

deanemj

May 2, 2014
Yeah, that's what I thought. No big deal, the black background, but it'd be nice to have a splash of color. TVLauncher would be great if it were possible to make IAPs on Fire TV.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I tried different launchers and here is my what I found.

Not all launchers are made for non touch screen device like Fire TV.

RUI Launcher for TV - Made for TV, but it does not show-up very well in Fire TV. Same thing with most of the Launchers like Nova, Go, ADW.

TV Box Launcher - Could be the best launcher for Fire Tv, but there is no way to launch it. It can be only launch by making it default launcher and pressing the home button. Its not possible for Fire TV at this moment.

TVLauncher - This is what I am using right now. It does not allow to add more than 2 shortcut on home screen without paying for full version through in-app purchase, which is again not possible in Fire TV. But it will show all apps listing by pressing right button on remote.

I will continue to try more to see if I can find anything better.
    Can someone post some screen shots of their home screen after using autopilot/Llama and an alternate launcher? I'm interested in using an alternate launcher, but I'm lazy and don't want to put the effort in, unless it's worth it. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

I have everything working and it's really worth the effort. But I am too lazy to take a screen shot to post here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Hey, has anyone had success getting wallpaper to work properly with their launchers?

No. Always back background. I use this launcher. It has its own back ground and looks much better.

DO something like this: