A HUGE Alternative for WI-FI Direct

Search This thread

omtay2311995

Apr 13, 2012
damascus
aren't most people angry and jealous from the xperia s owners who have the w-fi direct on there phone's white papers​

well here's the deal....... Sony never actually made any to the xperia s:victory:​

and now every one can get a VERY similar service and even better...... without any restrictions like being only able to transfer with this technology to the same phone model only.......etc so lets cut to the chest

here is what you gonna do:
1- download the app wi-fi file explorer pro
2- turn on wi-fi hotspot
3- open the app
4- connect the other device(phone,laptop....all works) to your hotspot
5- on the 2nd device's web browser type the address exactly as shown in the app with the port too
(like http://192.168.1.1:8000/ where 8000 stands for port) i also recommand using the fastest net browser on the device such as google chrome on pc and opera's small version (800KB) on android.................etc

congratulations you can now transfer files without a router or a usb cable and with speeds up-to 50 Mb/s on a non-wifi direct device

HIT THANKS OR USE DROPBOX LINK TO GIVE ME SOME EXTRA SPACE​

Last edited:

grgsujan

Dec 17, 2010
aren't most people angry and jealous from the xperia s owners who have the w-fi direct on there phone's white papers​

well here's the deal....... Sony never actually made any to the xperia s:victory:​

and now every one can get a VERY similar service and even better...... without any restrictions like being only able to transfer with this technology to the same phone model only.......etc so lets cut to the chest

2- turn on wi-fi hotspot
3- open the app
5- on the 2nd device's web browser type the address exactly as shown in the app with the port too
(like http://192.168.1.1:8000/ where 8000 stands for port) i also recommand using the fastest net browser on the device such as google chrome on pc and opera's small version (800KB) on android.................etc

congratulations you can now transfer files without a router or a usb cable and with speeds up-to 50 Mb/s on a non-wifi direct device

Have you ever tried AIRDROID???

darth5zaft

Dec 16, 2011
kuala lumpur
I guess it's more of a qualcomm snapdragon problem than Sony's

I read somewhere that only snapdragon s4 will have that

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

n1kolaa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2011
Zrenjanin
OnePlus Nord

2- turn on wi-fi hotspot
3- open the app

we didnt get wi-direct coz our outdatet kernel

omtay2311995

Apr 13, 2012
damascus
we didnt get wi-direct coz our outdatet kernel

correct
the thing to notice too is when wi-fi direct first launched it was saying in the wi-fi alliance web site that this technology doesn't require any special hardware and also can connect to other devices that don't have this software

but now it seems to have change because of there marketing strategy:(

because if a simple programs such as AIRDROID and wi-fi file explorer pro can do it on any wi-fi device how could companies claim that this is a hardware required tech???:rolleyes:

s.bluedreams

Jan 15, 2013
Tehran

2- turn on wi-fi hotspot
3- open the app

It doesnt work on TV s ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2- turn on wi-fi hotspot
    3- open the app

2- turn on wi-fi hotspot
    3- open the app

Have you ever tried AIRDROID???
    AIRDROID is epic. Awesome stuff :)