[BOOT] Sons of Anarchy bootanimation w/ Wallpaper [04/10/2011] Now in flashable form.

Search This thread

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe
All thanks go to Tonicacid for his tutorial on how to create bootanimation.zip files:

Bootanimation Tutorial by Tonicacid

*DISCLAIMER* And as per usual I am no way responsible for what you do to your device...blah blah blah...

And without further ado I bring you:

SONS OF ANARCHY BOOT SCREEN!

This is my absolute favorite show and I spent a good whole day on this, so I'm really happy with it. Looks fabulous on my device. Thinking about adding a sound of some sort later on.

To install, use Super Manager to move the bootanimation.zip file into the corresponding folder for your ROM.

*NOTE* These are the requirements:
1. You must be rooted
2. You must be on a ROM that allows bootanimation.zip files
3. You must have ClockWorkMod Recovery

*Install Instructions*
1. Download the zip file
2. Place onto internal SD card
3. Boot into recovery and flash away

This is my first ever contribution to the XDA Vibrant community, and it's just my way of saying thanks to all of those who help us out. If any devs want to use it, feel free. Just be sure to give me credit for this ;) lol!

Sons of Anarchy bootanimation.zip

Here's a matching wallpaper as well!

Hope you guys enjoy. And if you like it, don't forget to hit the thanks button!!

Last edited:

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe
03/18/2011 4:20 am (Yeah I just noticed that too :D)
*Original Release

03/18/2011 8:26 pm
*Edited the file size from 53.5mb to 16.5mb
*Edited OP with new file and clearer install instructions.

03/25/2011 4:10 am
*Added wallpaper to OP

04/06/2011 12:19 pm
*Fixed download link for bootanimation.zip file

04/10/2011 9:54 pm
*Now made into a flashable zip file
*Edited OP with new install instructions

Last edited:

doin-it

Feb 5, 2011
Boot file is pretty darn big. Couldn't even copy to my media folder because there wasn't enough space

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe
Have to admit I never did think much about the file size. I'll see what I can do about that tonight when I get home without losing any resolution cause that was my main concern.

Do you need anythign specific on your phone to install this? sorry this is my first time i'm going to install a Boot animation

I use root explorer. downoad the file in the op. Then download rootexplorer. Open root explorer find the bootanimation.zip you just downloaded long press it and choose move press back button twice then go to system/media and paste it there. Over ride the one that's already in there. *note* you must have a rom that supports bootanimation.zip's

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe
I use root explorer. downoad the file in the op. Then download rootexplorer. Open root explorer find the bootanimation.zip you just downloaded long press it and choose move press back button twice then go to system/media and paste it there. Over ride the one that's already in there. *note* you must have a rom that supports bootanimation.zip's

What he said lol! I use super manager cause it's easier to mount r/w for the move. I will be trying to condense the file some more tonight when I get home. Gonna try working with the running code to not have to use as many files (got like 400 in there right now). Hopefully will post up the new file tonight.

dirtyhamster73

Sep 26, 2010
Wakefield, MA
Looooove this! I'm a crow eater! I'm not rooted, yet, but I now have the perfect reason to do it! must have this! Thank you for making it! Awesome job!

toeshot

Jul 29, 2008
Aurora, Near Chicago
Just an FYI

I wanted to make an SoA them with boot animation. I talked to FX to make sure that what I was doing would be ok. I explained that this would not be for profit and I had plan on using the patch, logo and other symbols from the show. FX told me that in doing so it would be in copyright violation as they own every aspect of it and will determine the what will and what will not be made for marketing or promotions. Violation of this copyright could in sue in civil court for a monetary amount.

Last edited:

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe
Just an FYI

I wanted to make an SoA them with boot animation. I talked to FX to make sure that what I was doing would be ok. I explained that this would not be for profit and I had plan on using the patch, logo and other symbols from the show. FX told me that in doing so it would be in copyright violation as they own every aspect of it and will determine the what will and what will not be made for marketing or promotions. Violation of this copyright could in sue in civil court for a monetary amount.

Ok. Let them sue me. All I have is my phone lol. I guess that's kind of an SOA attitude lol!
But I bet you still dl'd it didn't you:)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyhamster73

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe
That's way to funny. Doubtful they will sue anyone and good job.

When you think about all the other copyrighted stuff that's on here it just doesn't make since that they'd come after me. I'm not making any money on it nor am I claiming I designed any thing. I just made a bootanimation for heavens sakes. I'm gonna shut up now cause this isn't what I want this thread to be about.

In other news I'm thinking of adding a sound to the boot. Any suggestions?

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
The first four or five seconds of the opening song would be pimp...

I'm on stock kb1..it has the stock boot animation..will this with on it?

Edit: it worked...any chance of a shutdown animation of this fadin out or a now leaving Charming sign...

Last edited:

TXLunchbox

Jan 27, 2011
Conroe

Edit: it worked...any chance of a shutdown animation of this fadin out or a now leaving Charming sign...

Awesome! Glad it worked. Sorry about the slow reply, I've been working on the sound issue all day. Not gonna be too long as boot sounds can only be 7 seconds. I've thought about the shutdown as well and it really won't take that long. Gonna try and have it done for you guys in the next couple of days or so. But I am working on the sound. I can tell you that if you're on Trigger (2.7.2 or 2.8.1) the bootsounds do not work as of right now. I posted something about it in the thread for that ROM in hopes that birgertime get's it fixed.

Edit: Ok guys, I've tried the boot sound on three different ROMs now (Trigger, Bionix, Loki) at their latest versions, and the only one that worked was Loki. So, unless I can figure out how to crack down the codes, don't know how to get the sound to work. But I'm not giving up the fight. As a consolation prize I've posted a matching wall paper in the OP.

Last edited:

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware
Loki is the only one using CWK..might have somethimg to do with that..im willing to try flashing that kernal and whatever youve got made up for sound on stock kb1. Will be up for a little longer but then I will be in prison for the weekend...so no access to my phone...

i work doubles on weekends...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All thanks go to Tonicacid for his tutorial on how to create bootanimation.zip files:

Bootanimation Tutorial by Tonicacid

*DISCLAIMER* And as per usual I am no way responsible for what you do to your device...blah blah blah...

And without further ado I bring you:

SONS OF ANARCHY BOOT SCREEN!

This is my absolute favorite show and I spent a good whole day on this, so I'm really happy with it. Looks fabulous on my device. Thinking about adding a sound of some sort later on.

To install, use Super Manager to move the bootanimation.zip file into the corresponding folder for your ROM.

*NOTE* These are the requirements:
    1. You must be rooted
    2. You must be on a ROM that allows bootanimation.zip files
    3. You must have ClockWorkMod Recovery

*Install Instructions*
    1. Download the zip file
    2. Place onto internal SD card
    3. Boot into recovery and flash away

This is my first ever contribution to the XDA Vibrant community, and it's just my way of saying thanks to all of those who help us out. If any devs want to use it, feel free. Just be sure to give me credit for this ;) lol!

Sons of Anarchy bootanimation.zip

Here's a matching wallpaper as well!

Hope you guys enjoy. And if you like it, don't forget to hit the thanks button!!
    Just an FYI

Ok. Let them sue me. All I have is my phone lol. I guess that's kind of an SOA attitude lol!
    But I bet you still dl'd it didn't you:)
    That's way to funny. Doubtful they will sue anyone and good job.

When you think about all the other copyrighted stuff that's on here it just doesn't make since that they'd come after me. I'm not making any money on it nor am I claiming I designed any thing. I just made a bootanimation for heavens sakes. I'm gonna shut up now cause this isn't what I want this thread to be about.

In other news I'm thinking of adding a sound to the boot. Any suggestions?

Sorry bout that :/