[APP] BackMyTones - VER 1.31 Hotfix bugfixes.

Search This thread

saarraz1

Jan 8, 2011
f-0-bd0a20d52587c5388b4e437088bf3e4812bf7765

hi-256-0-0c2c6bb6de1a6245f054e430530bbf700ef87003

Back My Tones Premium
(Free)

Market Link

*UPDATE 1.3*
- Premium version features are now free: backup and restore your phone ringtone as well as contact ringtones, clear all ringtones with one click.
- Various bug/crash fixes.

*UPDATE 1.2*
- Improved restore and backup method yet again, now 100% accurate.
- Note that if you change a contact's name after you make a backup, you will have to make the backup again, or else that contact will not be restored.
- Please make new backups with this version. Old backups will use older restoration methods and are not guaranteed to work properly under certain circumstances.
- Please re-backup your data after installing the update for the changes to take effect.

*UPDATE 1.1*
- Now using a better restore and backup method (through file names) to ensure compatibility when replacing ROMs that re-assign media URIs.
- Smaller file by 600KB!
- Please re-backup your data after installing the update for the changes to take effect.

Did you ever update your ROM or made a hard reset, but then realized all of your custom contact ringtone settings were lost? Well not anymore!
Back My Tones offers a comprehensive and easy to use tool to create and manage backups of your custom ringtone settings and restore them with a click of a button!
The process is easy and takes no more than a few seconds to backup your settings and save you serious headaches.

If you liked this app, look for a premium version in the coming days which will feature backing up and restoring the default phone ringtone as well, among other features (75 cents).

Details:
========
Your ringtone settings for all of your contacts are saved on your SD card and can be retrieved even after you remove the application or replace your ROM.

*NOTE this application does NOT create backups of the ringtone files themselves. If a ringtone's file was deleted from the phone will the file itself will NOT be restored through usage of this app.

Screenshots:
==========

ss-0-320-480-160-0-3c9bc450e8071e94a978e161edac1256dbdc06bd

ss-1-320-480-160-0-13c51bba7d0bebd7bb3fd7fa9f39e292da007372
ss-2-320-480-160-0-81c62d3a9d09535d5f6e5b8f76986b375956af13

Last edited:

scooter1979

Oct 10, 2010
Ypsi
Does this, by any chance, back up custom notification settings for apps as well, or just ringtones?

(If no apps, well, yeah. Future suggestion. ;+) )

daveid

Jan 5, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Good concept. But, in cases like my intended use it falls short. My system had to do a rebuild of the media db, which caused the id's to change, the tones did not change names, but 36 was no longer 36. I knew your app wasn't goingto work when I looked at the file it created and saw the id's instead of proper filenames. Now, I am pretty sure in my situation there isn't a whole lot that could be done, so I ended up fixing all my tones myself. Just wanted to post this for anyone else who may have a similar desire from it. Unfortunately, one of the recent changes in CM caused the UID for the mediascanner to change thus revuilding the media db and screweing all my tones up.
Nice app though, for people sticking to the same ROM version (or without significant changes to the mediascanner) this should work nicely.

saarraz1

Jan 8, 2011
Good concept. But, in cases like my intended use it falls short. My system had to do a rebuild of the media db, which caused the id's to change, the tones did not change names, but 36 was no longer 36. I knew your app wasn't goingto work when I looked at the file it created and saw the id's instead of proper filenames. Now, I am pretty sure in my situation there isn't a whole lot that could be done, so I ended up fixing all my tones myself. Just wanted to post this for anyone else who may have a similar desire from it. Unfortunately, one of the recent changes in CM caused the UID for the mediascanner to change thus revuilding the media db and screweing all my tones up.
Nice app though, for people sticking to the same ROM version (or without significant changes to the mediascanner) this should work nicely.

I could use filenames instead of URIs to ensure compatibility...

As for notification settings, I plan to enable support of this in the coming days.

saarraz1

Jan 8, 2011

Hey man, try the app with the new update, I think your problem should be solved.

saarraz1

Jan 8, 2011
oh well, sorry you had to re set your tones lol... I hope no more people will have to do this ever again ;)
and thanks for pointing this out, while developing the app this possible complication did pop up at some point but after testing it and seeing it working I assumed the URIs were a constant thing.

tbela

May 4, 2008
Budapest
Doesn't work on Nexus S - CM7.0.3. Backup creation failed. Any clue?
Anyway I actually use WhoIsIt to solve this, but I don't really like it, because it has an own, separate database of custom ringtones. It would be much easier to backup the settings of the original contact list. So, I NEED this app, please, help me to fix this!
The ultimate solution would be to include ringtone settings to google/exchange sync data (as pictures included), but I understand that it can not be solved by a third party app.
Updated to 1.1. Same problem!
Updated to 1.2. WORKS!!!

Last edited:

saarraz1

Jan 8, 2011
Question: can this app select a folder where i save custom ringtones so i can back these up? What about mp3s? Would be nice if this app could backup music. ;)

This is not really the purpose of this app.. It is meant to restore contact settings.

BTW guys update 1.2 is up (quite a while now lol). It changes the backup/restore method - now reliant on contact names instead of contact id's, this allows full compatibility across different ROMs, so if you had problems using this before, please try again with this version (like the guy 2 posts above, lol).

Reactions: Sum Dude

saarraz1

Jan 8, 2011
I get a backup creation failed .. null pointer exception.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still get the same error?

Any ideas??

On SE Xperia X10i running Wolfbreaks CM6 ROM

Are you using gingerbread by any chance?

This app was tested on 2.2 and i have had some issues with 2.3 and up...
I'm gonna look into this and keep you posted if I find anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    f-0-bd0a20d52587c5388b4e437088bf3e4812bf7765

hi-256-0-0c2c6bb6de1a6245f054e430530bbf700ef87003

Back My Tones Premium
    (Free)

Market Link

*UPDATE 1.3*
    - Premium version features are now free: backup and restore your phone ringtone as well as contact ringtones, clear all ringtones with one click.
    - Various bug/crash fixes.

*UPDATE 1.2*
    - Improved restore and backup method yet again, now 100% accurate.
    - Note that if you change a contact's name after you make a backup, you will have to make the backup again, or else that contact will not be restored.
    - Please make new backups with this version. Old backups will use older restoration methods and are not guaranteed to work properly under certain circumstances.

*UPDATE 1.1*
    - Now using a better restore and backup method (through file names) to ensure compatibility when replacing ROMs that re-assign media URIs.
    - Smaller file by 600KB!

Did you ever update your ROM or made a hard reset, but then realized all of your custom contact ringtone settings were lost? Well not anymore!
    Back My Tones offers a comprehensive and easy to use tool to create and manage backups of your custom ringtone settings and restore them with a click of a button!
    The process is easy and takes no more than a few seconds to backup your settings and save you serious headaches.

If you liked this app, look for a premium version in the coming days which will feature backing up and restoring the default phone ringtone as well, among other features (75 cents).

Details:
    ========
    Your ringtone settings for all of your contacts are saved on your SD card and can be retrieved even after you remove the application or replace your ROM.

*NOTE this application does NOT create backups of the ringtone files themselves. If a ringtone's file was deleted from the phone will the file itself will NOT be restored through usage of this app.

Screenshots:
    ==========

ss-0-320-480-160-0-3c9bc450e8071e94a978e161edac1256dbdc06bd

ss-1-320-480-160-0-13c51bba7d0bebd7bb3fd7fa9f39e292da007372
    ss-2-320-480-160-0-81c62d3a9d09535d5f6e5b8f76986b375956af13
    Fixed the max SDK to support android 2.3.3... if you couldn't see the app before try again now.
    Question: can this app select a folder where i save custom ringtones so i can back these up? What about mp3s? Would be nice if this app could backup music. ;)

This is not really the purpose of this app.. It is meant to restore contact settings.

BTW guys update 1.2 is up (quite a while now lol). It changes the backup/restore method - now reliant on contact names instead of contact id's, this allows full compatibility across different ROMs, so if you had problems using this before, please try again with this version (like the guy 2 posts above, lol).