(Rom)(Leak) 7.01.605.01 Verizon Vivow Ics Sense 3.6 *8.21.12

Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
****im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone***

Ok, here is a leaked (read not the ota) ics sense 3.6 rom for the verizon htc inc2

attachment.php

General Info:
  • Android 4.0.4
  • Sense 3.6
  • Kernel 3.0.16 (insecure boot)
  • 7.01.605.01 test-keys
  • deodexed (userdebug)
  • build date: mid July

its basically stock as it came from the RUU except:

• rooted
  • busybox
  • kernel repacked for ext4 vs ext3
  • kernel repacked to remove new htc /lib partition for use on all hboots
  • remove htc linkify crap (app associations as a result of apple lawsuit)
  • removed a lot of the htc log/testing utilities that are present (theyre neat to play with sorta, but the avg user would get annoyed by their notificaitons always being on)
  • moved some stuff to /data because older hboots dont support /lib and /lib needs to be back in /system/ (which didnt have the room for it all)

Credits
  • chainsdd for superuser
  • anonymous friends who supply us with files

Downloads:

rom: http://d-h.st/KGo
mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Incredible_2_Developers/nitsuj17/vivow_7.01.605.01_ics_R1.zip
md5sum: ee5c6f84318363cc274c787141ddd14e

ics firmware: http://d-h.st/ZVq
mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Incredible_2_Developers/nitsuj17/vivow_ics_fw_PG32IMG.zip
md5sum: 81171966d46efcc62b6c8f28918b0b31
(includes newer radio)

i recommend making a backup first obviously...you may get away without using the firmware update (which includes a newer radio) but i cant guarantee it ll boot and/or other stuff working right

***dont ask for the RUU currently, thanks***

To Install:
(for s-off users)
  • Download rom and firmware
  • if installing firmware rename to PG32IMG.zip and put on the root of sdcard (rom too)
  • boot to recovery, make a nandroid, wipe data, and flash rom ***if flashing firmware do not reboot yet!)
  • if flashing firmware, either "adb reboot bootloader" or select the option through recovery (depends on what recovery you use)
  • flash firmware through hboot
  • reboot

for dev unlock users you need to pull the boot.img from the rom.zip and flash that through fastboot as well!
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
FAQ

Q: Is this the fabled ICS OTA?
A: No, not even close. Its a userdebug rom (read not tester, but internal developer test build) from July.

Q: Does this mean an ota is close?
A: Doesn't mean much honestly. The tbolts debug test build is from April and they don't have an ota yet :p HTC had previously said release by end of August, but who knows.

Q: Is this rom bugfree?
A: I'm sure its not. Apparently wifi and data need to be toggled off when using the other.

Q: Would you recommend this over "insert rom"?
A: Nope...mostly cuz a) its a test rom and b) I haven't used any rom on my inc2 that wasn't ukb or miui since last year to compare.

Q: Can I use mods for other sense 3.6 mods/tweaks/patches with this?
A: Maybe, but since they are essentially replacing apks/jars from this rom when flashed it can cause issues/bootloops.

Q: Are you going to make mods for this then?
A: Don't plan to, when the ota is out I probably will then.

Q: Can I use this to make my own rom?
A: Of course, go right ahead.

Q: Wait the secret LTE radio in my phone in enabled when switching in network mode!!?!?!?
A: Yup, expect 2 TB down and 123 TB up!!!

Q: Can you release the RUU?
A: No plans to currently.

Last edited:

smayer85

Jul 19, 2012
So just flash firmware like a radio update and then go into recovery and flash like a normal ROM after a clean wipe....almost done d/l so about to give it a shot and let you know how it goes...you sly guy you making us think we were gonna have to wait :laugh:

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
(for s-off users)
Download rom and firmware
if installing firmware rename to PG32IMG.zip and put on the root of sdcard (rom too)
flash firmware through hboot and rom through recovery (wipe data is necessary imo)

Please elaborate. We rename firmware to PG32IMG place it on root of sd AND place the same file in the rom as well??

Sent from my vivow using xda app-developers app

smayer85

Jul 19, 2012
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

So can it's updating though...

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Please elaborate. We rename firmware to PG32IMG place it on root of sd AND place the same file in the rom as well??

Update the firmware like you are trying to flash any PG32IMG then just flash the ROM like any other ROM

It takes awhile to start up so just be patience and it will go through.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

May i say this is sexy so far...i just LOVE new toys....thank you so much Nits, gotta talk my wife into letting me donate

jamminjon82

Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Update the firmware like you are trying to flash any PG32IMG then just flash the ROM like any other ROM

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

May i say this is sexy so far...i just LOVE new toys....thank you so much Nits, gotta talk my wife into letting me donate

Maybe she'll let you get the money out of your purse. I'm just kidding :p my wife beats me too:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gaad0701

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.

Anyone else get three seperate zips for the ROM. ICS R1 being 90.1 MB, ICS R1 (1) being 94.5 MB and ICS R1-1 being 385 MB? The PG32IMG is fine in one zip but rom has three correct? Which order would you flash after flashing PG32IMG? Weird...

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Atrix 2/MB865 Runing SuperCharged V7-Speed Boosted-OC'd at 1.2 GHz (ICS, 4.0.4)

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
Would it be possible to update firmware and still remain on my current rom?

smayer85

Jul 19, 2012
it updated the radio, TP, userdata and something else....sorry, i meant to look and list everything

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Anyone else get three seperate zips for the ROM. ICS R1 being 90.1 MB, ICS R1 (1) being 94.5 MB and ICS R1-1 being 385 MB? The PG32IMG is fine in one zip but rom has three correct? Which order would you flash after flashing PG32IMG? Weird...

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Atrix 2/MB865 Runing SuperCharged V7-Speed Boosted-OC'd at 1.2 GHz (ICS, 4.0.4)

Mine was 385 mb

Reactions: A2Trip

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011

And (if not) after I update firmware will any other rom work if firmware isn't downgraded?

smayer85

Jul 19, 2012

And (if not) after I update firmware will any other rom work if firmware isn't downgraded?

IF it didnt work you should be able to just flash a new ROM that does a new kernal or I would say go to 2.3.3 RUU and then flash a rom cause it should override all the stuff that this firmware writes....someone correct me if I am wrong about the 2.3.3

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Anyone else get android verison protected and HTC sence protected...cant confirm I'm on 4.0.4 or 3.6 lol. But it seems super smooth and nice so far!

ph1nn

May 5, 2011
NYC
OMG! About time this dropped. Now we need kernel sources then we are all set. :)

Holy crap, this is real? Yes indeed it's about time. So the new ROM is 386MB, and the new firmware (with new radio) is 18MB. I'm going to back up my CM7.2 build and take the plunge, why not. Thanks a lot for doing this.

Can't wait now for the kernel and source so CyanogenMod and Aeroevan to get their hands on it :laugh: From the screenshot I see the 3.0.16 kernel!

I dream of a solid ICS build, let alone JB. I'll never need another phone. Can't stand all these new huge Android phones anyway.

Last edited:

smayer85

Jul 19, 2012
Anyone else get android verison protected and HTC sence protected...cant confirm I'm on 4.0.4 or 3.6 lol. But it seems super smooth and nice so far!

Yes, mine is protected also. It is ultrasmooth so far though. About to try the iheartradio streaming.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone***

Ok, here is a leaked (read not the ota) ics sense 3.6 rom for the verizon htc inc2

attachment.php

General Info:
    • Android 4.0.4
    • Sense 3.6
    • Kernel 3.0.16 (insecure boot)
    • 7.01.605.01 test-keys
    • deodexed (userdebug)
    • build date: mid July

its basically stock as it came from the RUU except:

• rooted
    • busybox
    • kernel repacked for ext4 vs ext3
    • kernel repacked to remove new htc /lib partition for use on all hboots
    • remove htc linkify crap (app associations as a result of apple lawsuit)
    • removed a lot of the htc log/testing utilities that are present (theyre neat to play with sorta, but the avg user would get annoyed by their notificaitons always being on)
    • moved some stuff to /data because older hboots dont support /lib and /lib needs to be back in /system/ (which didnt have the room for it all)

Credits
    • chainsdd for superuser
    • anonymous friends who supply us with files

Downloads:

rom: http://d-h.st/KGo
    mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Incredible_2_Developers/nitsuj17/vivow_7.01.605.01_ics_R1.zip
    md5sum: ee5c6f84318363cc274c787141ddd14e

ics firmware: http://d-h.st/ZVq
    mirror: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Incredible_2_Developers/nitsuj17/vivow_ics_fw_PG32IMG.zip
    md5sum: 81171966d46efcc62b6c8f28918b0b31
    (includes newer radio)

i recommend making a backup first obviously...you may get away without using the firmware update (which includes a newer radio) but i cant guarantee it ll boot and/or other stuff working right

***dont ask for the RUU currently, thanks***

To Install:
    (for s-off users)
    • Download rom and firmware
    • if installing firmware rename to PG32IMG.zip and put on the root of sdcard (rom too)
    • boot to recovery, make a nandroid, wipe data, and flash rom ***if flashing firmware do not reboot yet!)
    • if flashing firmware, either "adb reboot bootloader" or select the option through recovery (depends on what recovery you use)
    • flash firmware through hboot
    • reboot

for dev unlock users you need to pull the boot.img from the rom.zip and flash that through fastboot as well!
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    FAQ

Q: Is this the fabled ICS OTA?
    A: No, not even close. Its a userdebug rom (read not tester, but internal developer test build) from July.

Q: Does this mean an ota is close?
    A: Doesn't mean much honestly. The tbolts debug test build is from April and they don't have an ota yet :p HTC had previously said release by end of August, but who knows.

Q: Is this rom bugfree?
    A: I'm sure its not. Apparently wifi and data need to be toggled off when using the other.

Q: Would you recommend this over "insert rom"?
    A: Nope...mostly cuz a) its a test rom and b) I haven't used any rom on my inc2 that wasn't ukb or miui since last year to compare.

Q: Can I use mods for other sense 3.6 mods/tweaks/patches with this?
    A: Maybe, but since they are essentially replacing apks/jars from this rom when flashed it can cause issues/bootloops.

Q: Are you going to make mods for this then?
    A: Don't plan to, when the ota is out I probably will then.

Q: Can I use this to make my own rom?
    A: Of course, go right ahead.

Q: Wait the secret LTE radio in my phone in enabled when switching in network mode!!?!?!?
    A: Yup, expect 2 TB down and 123 TB up!!!

Q: Can you release the RUU?
    A: No plans to currently.
    Yeah, surprisingly the Chinese leak is running better than this for me too. Probably why we don't have an OTA yet.

:crying:

yeah, from what i gather (i only ran it to get it suitable enough for release) its not an amazing stock rom :eek:

i personally wont release a modded stock rom until the official ota is out (or i get a leak that im more or less assured will ota)....then ill probably do the same thing i did for gb (very close to stock rom, and one heavily modded one w/ tweaks)