[CWM][GT-I9305] CF-ROOT CWM Recovery Ported + SuperSu + BusyBox

Search This thread

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
Re: [CWM GT-I9305] CF-ROOT CWM Recovery for GT-I9305

How can I use the adb shell?? Do you know a how to? Thanks! !

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
Απ: [CWM GT-I9305] CF-ROOT CWM Recovery for GT-I9305

Tomorow i will upload a zip to flash from CWM and delete the file.

Send from GT-I9305

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
Workaround for those firmwares have boot-recovery.p in system folder and reflash original recovery after reboot.

1). Copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to your device internal memory card.

2). Boot your device in to download mode.
(Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home button at the same time)

3). Flash I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 with Odin with unchecked the Auto Reboot box.

4). After Odin finish do not turn off or restart the device but try to go in recovery mode.
(Press and hold the power + volume up + home button at the same time)

5). Once in recovery, flash the CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip to gain root and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to delete the boot-recovery.p file and then reboot.

Thank's

Last edited:
Reactions: vavasound

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
How should I use the CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip

Workaround for those firmwares have boot-recovery.p in system folder and reflash original recovery after reboot.

1). Copy CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to your device internal memory card.

(Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home button at the same time)

3). Flash CWM with Odin with unchecked the Auto Reboot box.

4). After Odin finish do not turn off or restart the device but try to go in recovery mode.

5). Once in recovery, flash the CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip to gain root and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to delete the boot-recovery.p file and then reboot.

Thank's

I should rename it to .tar ?? Because Odin doesn't accept .zip files.

Thanks!!

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
Worked Like a Charm!!

3). Flash I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 with Odin with unchecked the Auto Reboot box.

Thank's

Thanks man!! Worked like a charm!!!

Reactions: ausdim

Cundis

Nov 23, 2012
Stockholm

1). Copy Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to your device internal memory card.

5). Once in recovery, flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to gain root and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to delete the boot-recovery.p file and then reboot.[/CENTER]

Sorry for the noob question, but will I have to do this operation everytime I flash another recovery?

Or is this to get the recovery to stick only the first time you flash cwm?

EDIT: I tried and found the answer. Depends on the rom.

Last edited:

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
Sorry for the noob question, but will I have to do this operation everytime I flash another recovery?

Or is this to get the recovery to stick only the first time you flash cwm?

EDIT: I tried and found the answer. Depends on the rom.

Yes, it depends on the rom... but if the rom is the OEM from samsung, then you will have to do it...

Hit thanks if you think that this post was useful... Sent from GT-I9305 using xda premium

soulzero

Jul 27, 2010
Ghent
I wasn't able to root my phone today, it was on COM3 in the first USB and COM4 in a different USB.
It got stuck at mapping for pit or something.. Then after 5 minutes it said it failed in red.

I must say I was in a Internet café and the computers were horribly slow and ****. Complete trash.
Don't even think it had USB 2.0 but only 1.0.. That's what it said at least.

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
I wasn't able to root my phone today, it was on COM3 in the first USB and COM4 in a different USB.
It got stuck at mapping for pit or something.. Then after 5 minutes it said it failed in red.

I must say I was in a Internet café and the computers were horribly slow and ****. Complete trash.
Don't even think it had USB 2.0 but only 1.0.. That's what it said at least.

Try it on a safe and personal computer.... with a usb cable in perfect condition. ..

Hit thanks if you think that this post was useful... Sent from GT-I9305 using xda premium

aquarium

Jul 14, 2007
Aveiro
Good day! I bought the s3 lte in Portugal. Locked to Vodafone. I did update to the 4.1.2 Now I do not root.
In recovery, do not have the option "install from sd card". and yes :" update from external card" and when I install the .zip file , appears: " E:failed to verify whole-file E: signature: signature verification failed" :( Sorry the english :(

SilentStrider

Jun 23, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Good day! I bought the s3 lte in Portugal. Locked to Vodafone. I did update to the 4.1.2 Now I do not root.
In recovery, do not have the option "install from sd card". and yes :" update from external card" and when I install the .zip file , appears: " E:failed to verify whole-file E: signature: signature verification failed" :( Sorry the english :(

To have any recovery other than the stock recovery and want to root you need to flash an insecure kernel that is compatible to your original kernel for instance if you have Secure BLL5 then you need to flash an insecure BLL5 or if you use Odin then in Odin uncheck the auto reboot box before you flash the recovery on your device when the flashing is done and get the pass then manually boot to recovery by pressing (volume up+home button+power button).
PS. Run Odin with administrator rights
Ps 2. Check this forum as well http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1703488

Sent from my Rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19305 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vietcool

Oct 22, 2007
Urgent Please Help

I did everything like you said, but when I put the phone in recovery mode. I cant flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip. It said "E signature verification failed" this mean my doesnt root yet.
How can I fix, I looked for the solution to fix this one. Please help me.

Model Number: GT-I9305
Android Version: 4.1.2
Baseband Version: XXBMA2
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-746327

Attachments

• 130401-234114.jpg
    130401-234114.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 130401-234050.jpg
    130401-234050.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Chainfire CWM recovery ported for all GT-I9305.

Steps:

1. Download Odin from this post.

2. Download I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

3. Unzip Odin to your desktop.

4. Copy the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 to the same directory.

5. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
    (Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home buttons at the same time)

6. Connect your phone to your PC using the cable that came with it.

7. If Kies is running on your pc shut it down.

8. Open the Odin application.
    (Make sure your phone is detected, there will be a yellow square in the top left corner.)

9. Choose PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5.

10. Press start and wait. Your phone will be flashed and reboot when it is finished.
    (After Odin finish let the device reboot to android at least one time before applying I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5.)

11. When the phone reboot, power it off again.

12. Put the phone in recovery mode.
    (Hold down power, volume up and home when the device is turned off and unplugged.)

13. After that you can flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to be ROOTED to any firmware and make a backup and restore of your firmware, also you can now flash any custom rom / kernel made for GT-I9305.

Mirror's:

DropBox-I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

Many thank's to Chainfire for the CWM recovery and also to mick.wheelz for the successful test's of my ported recovery.

To reset the counter back to 0 use the TriangleWay from Chainfire.

1). Copy Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to your device internal memory card.

5). Once in recovery, flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to gain root and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to delete the boot-recovery.p file and then reboot.​
    CWM and ROOT. Guide for complete dummies.

Based on guide by ausdim and this thread.
    -1. Download and install Kies by Samsung.

0. Unplug your SGS if it's plugged.

1. Download Odin

2. Download I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

3. Download Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip and put it on sdcard formatted with FAT32. Put the card into your SGS.

4. Unzip Odin somewhere and start executable .

5. Copy the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 to the same directory.

6. Shut down your SGS and shut down Kies.

7. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
    (Press and hold the home then volume down then power buttons at the same time)
    You will see yellow triangle and be offered with 2 options to choose: reboot or continue. Please, continue.
    On the next screen you will see this:

8. Connect your phone to your PC using the cable that came with it.
    If everything in order, you'll see message <ID:0/006> Added!! in the message box and ID:COM bar which is upper will change it's color from grey to blue or yellow. Inside this bar you'll see a message: 0:[COM6].
    There may be any number, not 6, but this number will be as in the message box, so in the ID:COM bar.

9. Press PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5. Take a peek on "Auto-Reboot" checkbox at Option block. It's already checked and greyed.

10. Press Start. If everything went fine, you'll see following text in message box:
    Code:
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> recovery.img
    <ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/006> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/006> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/006> Removed!!
    <ID:0/006> Remain Port ....  0 
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    Big indicator in the upper left corner will become blue and your SGS will be rebooted. Do not plug it off!
    After reboot the indicator will become green Do not plug it off even after reboot!

11. Shut down your SGS after reboot and still you mustn't pull out USB dongle.

12. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
    (Press and hold the home then volume down then power buttons at the same time)

13. Uncheck "Auto-Reboot" checkbox at Option block. Do not touch any other checkboxes even checked F.Reset Time.

14. Press PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 again. Press Start. Do not do anything until you see PASS! on big green indicator. Do not shutdown SGS either!. Keep your SGS in Download Mode.

15. Start up recovery mode right from the Download Mode.
    (Press and hold the home then volume UP then power buttons at the same time)
    Hold them until you see SGS 3 logo with small exclamation mark in the upper left corner of your SGS. Now release them.

16. Now you're in CWM Recovery. Use Install from sdcard option to root your SGS.
    After the proces will be finished, you will see something like this.

17. Now reboot your SGS using CWM Recovery option.

-------------------
    Guys! I'll add some pictures as soon as I'll get to know how to use spoilers.
    The workaround for cwm not appearing is that during the auto-rebooting process after Odin has successfully flashed cwm, u need to pull out the battery, go try it, works for me...

Apparently this is happening to i9305 phones that have updated software in one way or another (i.e. via OTA, Kies...) the android default recovery will reinstall during the rebooting process and replace the cwm that has been flashed.

Note that every time you need to use cwm, you need to use Odin again to flash cwm again + pulling battery trick. Troublesome but u can nevertheless have your phone rooted...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app
    Maybe this is the problem (check half way down where the article is updated about the non sticking recovery):

www.androidpolice.com/2012/07/01/ha...-jelly-bean-heres-a-method-that-works-how-to/

It was on the GNex when JB was released, but it could be the same problem. Once in recovery, see if you can find and remove a file named /system/recovery-from-boot.p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    sorry to ask, is this also applicable to Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 XXALI6?

This is for all GT-I9305's
    Firmware doesn't mater.