[Q] best rom for g2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jdclemens23

Feb 16, 2014
So i just got the g2 about a week ago, coming from an iphone and getting back into android. I was curious what the most stable rom was for the g2 and which ones were good in your opinions. Also i have looked a little into rooting it but there seems to be more steps than i temember with my droid x2. Could someone post the steps or link me to a thread that thoroughly describes it, all help is appreciated, thanks friends

Jay07jay

Jan 26, 2014
Knoxville
So i just got the g2 about a week ago, coming from an iphone and getting back into android. I was curious what the most stable rom was for the g2 and which ones were good in your opinions. Also i have looked a little into rooting it but there seems to be more steps than i temember with my droid x2. Could someone post the steps or link me to a thread that thoroughly describes it, all help is appreciated, thanks friends

[ROM ZVA][Team 420]OpTimuS DE V2.1{Furnace Kernel}{Stock Optimized}{02/14/14}{Odex} in my opinion this rom is the best for the g2

android404

Jan 19, 2013

If this thread is open long enough, every rom available will be suggested at least once. If there was a "best rom", there would only be one rom. Are you capable of understanding this fact? That's why threads like this are forbidden on xda.

jdclemens23

Feb 16, 2014
If this thread is open long enough, every rom available will be suggested at least once. If there was a "best rom", there would only be one rom. Are you capable of understanding this fact? That's why threads like this are forbidden on xda.
I understand the flaw in the way i put the title, but i was asking about the most stable rom. Also i was asking people for their opinions of the rom, so yes i would get multiple rom suggestions. Yes i am capable of understanding the fact, thank you for the condescending reply on my first post here though i feel very ****ing welcomed

Lanman1978

Feb 19, 2013
Personally for me I am using the Inverted Energy ROM with furnace kernel and I couldn't be happier. Sure its not a kitkat rom, but it runs smooth and reliably. If you have a d801 device check Energy ROM out.

zero0422

Jul 25, 2010
Saint Paul
I understand the flaw in the way i put the title, but i was asking about the most stable rom. Also i was asking people for their opinions of the rom, so yes i would get multiple rom suggestions. Yes i am capable of understanding the fact, thank you for the condescending reply on my first post here though i feel very ****ing welcomed

For what it's worth, I'm using Paranoid Android on the VS980 and its pretty great. Very vanilla right now, but I like it that way.

Also, put your armor on because that's just XDA's schtick. You'll usually get ridiculed before you are given a kind hand and pointed the right direction. It's a great place to find resources, but it can also be a nightmare to locate the people who aren't riding around the forum with their noses up.

Last edited:

Incep

Dec 10, 2010
Norway
For what it's worth, I'm using Paranoid Android on the VS980 and its pretty great. Very vanilla right now, but I like it that way.

Also, put your armor on because that's just XDA's schtick. You'll usually get ridiculed before you are given a kind hand and pointed the right direction. It's a great place to find resources, but it can also be a nightmare to locate the people who aren't riding around the forum with their noses up.

Inb4 elitist ****storm and lock

For the best stability a stock or LG Flex based rom is recommended
Also, by far the best kernel for this phone is Dorimanx' kernel (for stock and flex roms)
Recently, the developer of the most popular rom quit developing his rom further, but it's still the best in my book. If you want stability, simplicity and lightweight I'd definitely look at either Cloudyfa's Flex rom or just keeping it stock, rooting it, debloating it yourself and using some of the great Xposed modules that are available for the G2.

jdclemens23

Feb 16, 2014
Thanks for the recent suggestions guys they've great. I have the g2 from Verizon so its the vs 980. Are the flex roms the ones that can be used on any of the models? I have just rooted my device so I'm looking into how to debloat. Ive usually preferred a rom over the stock. And as far as the different kernels go, im completely in the dark about them, I've never experimented with loading new ones on my phone. My game consist of just flashing the roms. With my droid x2 it had the removable sd card but with the g2 I'm a little confused on the route to take when flashing the rom itself

Partager.info

Jan 23, 2013
Just one advice.
use any stock ROM and avoid kitkat for now because they don't include native applications like quickremote.
I've tried many roms including kitkat roms and finally came back to a ROM based on stock firmware.
good luck.

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
We do not allow best ROM/Kernel threads on XDA. Depending on your use and your liking what is best for you may not be best for someone else and vice-versa. Head over to the development section try some out and see which "best" suits your needs.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.