[ROM] (2/28/13) NANDROID Restore Stock FR 2.22 V10f / GB 2.33 V21e and 2.34 V21y

Search This thread

RueTheDay

Apr 11, 2009
I know the op says this is stock unrooted, but it seems to still include the Superuser app. Where can I get a version that doesn't have the Superuser app? My company uses Good For Enterprise and it can detect root even if unrooted from vestiges of the Superuser app. I need a truly stock GB to restore. Please help.

Reactions: timothy7732

GenghisKhan67

Dec 8, 2010
Sherbrooke
Are you by any chance still using CWM recovery, and haven't gone back to the stock recovery? Did you wipe everything cleanly, including all log files so the app doesn't detect any indications of tampering?

Last edited:

GenghisKhan67

Dec 8, 2010
Sherbrooke
You need to go back to stock recovery, a CWM install is a sure sign of rooting. I *think* TGA_Gunnman (of nvFlash fame) posted a tutorial on this, check his posts out.

RueTheDay

Apr 11, 2009
Are you by any chance still using CWM recovery, and haven't gone back to the stock recovery? Did you wipe everything cleanly, including all log files so the app doesn't detect any indications of tampering?

I wiped.

From what I've read online, GFE root detection works by detecting traces of the Superuser app. Even if it's been deleted. Since this "clean" ROM includes Superuser, there's no way I can use it and still get GFE to work.

Is there any other way to restore my phone to stock?

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

I don't want to give up CWM just yet.

Is there any stock Gingerbread ROM I can flash that TRULY is not rooted and does not include the Superuser app?

GenghisKhan67

Dec 8, 2010
Sherbrooke
Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryGIv8KQVIE

The poster included a bit.ly link in the description to what seems to be a GB stock image (over 300MB, which seems about right when you include all the T-Mobile crapware). My guess is you will need to replace CWM with the stock recovery for this to work with your enterprise app.

EDIT: here is the description from the video...

This video shows how to restore your T-Mobile G2x back to stock settings. This is helpful if you need to send it back to T-Mobile with your warranty still intact. Let me know if you have any questions!

1) Install stock backup
2) Restore stock recovery image (replace ClockworkMod Recovery Image)
3) Unroot

This video assumes:
- You have SuperOneClick
- You flashed ClockworkMod Recovery (the real way)
- You have One-Click-G2x-recovery-flash
- Your phone is rooted
- You have a custom rom installed (CM7 for example)

Link to Stock Data Backup:
(No Longer Working) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=215BDWPA
(Use This Instead) http://bit.ly/yct5tQ
Place this zip on the SD card. In ClockworkMod Recovery choose 'Install zip from sd card'

Reactions: candleworth7808

slamming_sammy1

Feb 13, 2007
can't find external sd card to restore

Hi,

trying to restore the stock nandroid but when I'm in CWM I can never get it to recognize my external sd card. what am I doing wrong? i went back and did the NVFlasher to flash recovery but still doesn't recognize it. I even tried both version 5 and version 4; any ideas? thanks in advance.

slamming_sammy1

Feb 13, 2007
Hi,

trying to restore the stock nandroid but when I'm in CWM I can never get it to recognize my external sd card. what am I doing wrong? i went back and did the NVFlasher to flash recovery but still doesn't recognize it. I even tried both version 5 and version 4; any ideas? thanks in advance.
figured out my problem. didn't 'extract' the zip file, duh. sorry guys.

G

GuestK00233

Can we get a faster mirror or a torrent, that site is really slow and I really want the 2.3 stock :) thanks

LReyes66

Apr 30, 2011
ok well im trying to restore my g2x to stock rom because i really miss the LG camera app.... all these camera apps suck.

Well i read many instructions but i still keep getting the MD5 Mismatch! error. Theres no spaces, and i even cleared as well as made sure there are no spaces. Any luck?

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
ok well im trying to restore my g2x to stock rom because i really miss the LG camera app.... all these camera apps suck.

Well i read many instructions but i still keep getting the MD5 Mismatch! error. Theres no spaces, and i even cleared as well as made sure there are no spaces. Any luck?

well, i just got done browsing through this thread and it seems that 2 fixes are out there.. download it again or make sure you aren't doing 2 directory structures. It seems when you extract it, it is making it's correct directory... so if you created a directory and extracted it.. it may cause the prob

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

just downloaded both files from gunman's dropbox... both are invalid zip files.. empty, nothing in them. The other download locations is gonna take me a week to download the file at those speeds..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Nandroid Restores for 2.22 Froyo and 2.33/2.34 GingerBread​
    for T-Mobile G2x LG P999 only!

(These Nandroid restores are not rooted and are in complete stock condition.)​

• Instructions:
    1. You must have ROM Manager installed and or ClockworkMod Recovery flashed and an external sdcard installed. Then have the directory and file contents of the "LG-P999-V10f.zip" or "LG-P999-V20e.zip" file extracted to your external SDCard in the /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/LG-P999-V10f directory. If the directory does not exist then create it.

• There must be a directory called "LG-P999-V10f" or "LG-P999-V21e" or "LG-P999-V21y" in the "/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup" subdirectory and the files must be directly in that directory, not in another nested directory or Nandroid will not find the files. (Note: If you have any spaces in your directory name. You will get a md5 check some error.)

2. Run ROM Manager and choose Reboot into Recovery or boot phone into clockworkmod recovery.

3. In recovery go down to backup and restore, choose restore.

4. Select LG-P999-V10f or LG-P999-V21e or LG-P999-V21y and choose Yes - Restore.

5. When the restore finishes do not reboot yet. Do a "wipe data/factory reset" from the recovery menu (just to be thorough).

6. When it completes choose Reboot.

OP Changed. Links updated and added 2.33 GB.

Downloads:
    Click on the following links to download via my Dropbox Account:

Completely Stock Froyo:
    Download LG-P999-V10f.zip

Completely Stock Ginger Bread:
    Download LG-P999-V20e.zip
    Links all fixed. Bought a MediaFire account.

Enjoy!
    LG-P999-V21y added
    Are you sure? It still let's me download it right now.

2.3.4 Nandroid other link if so

Sent from my LG-P999