[ROM][NIGHTLY][RC1/RC2/STABLE] CyanogenMod 9 (Wingray/Stingray)

Search This thread

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
CyanogenMod 9 For the Motorola Xoom
(Stingray & Wingray)

iiAeqEtmaEaTK.png

Code:
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 * Collectively, and at the same time.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Wipe the data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Flash CyanogenMod 9.
  5. Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Changelog:

Wingray Nightly Changelog

Stingray Nightly Changelog

Gerrit Merge Changelog

Download Links:

Wingray (Wifi-Only)-

Nightly Downloads: link

Release Candidates:
9.0.0 RC1/RC2

Stable Releases:
9.0.0 Stable

Stingray (LTE)-

Release Candidates: Pending

Stable Releases: Pending

Gapps-

Select most recent for 9.0.x: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Last edited:

sgtkid12

Apr 26, 2011
Brady, Tx
If we are on the unofficial cm9, do we have to full wipe to use this? Or can we just install this rom over the unofficial one?

Sent from my Desire Z using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
If we are on the unofficial cm9, do we have to full wipe to use this? Or can we just install this rom over the unofficial one?

Sent from my Desire Z using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

You should be able to just flash over "unofficial" build without issue, I have gone back and forth a few times without any issues. If you do encounter any problems give her a full wipe.

rob62551

Mar 27, 2011
Colorado
Getting nothing but boot loops.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

I see two downloads with the same DATE with different times.

Yes, I see we are both correct! Times are different as well as dates within file name.
The 20120508 file is the earlier timed one and the 20120509 one is timed later.

So I wonder which one to use. BTW which one did you flash that caused the boot loop?
I haven't flash any yet.

Jezz_X

Dec 4, 2011
I've asked this before (for other devices) and will ask it again is there any actual official list of changes / features that cm9 brings to the table over stock android (yes I know there are lots) every time I ask I just get pointed at the git revision changelog which really is not very usefull as a nice bullet point list of stuff

Gregus59

Jul 27, 2010
Maubeuge
With the last nightly, I am in bootloop :(
I wipe all and another bootloop ! What is the problem ? My Wingray works like a charm with the cm9 rogue build !

Gregus59

Jul 27, 2010
Maubeuge
Which exact build did you install?

The 20120509 wingray, in first I flash it on the unofficial CM9... Bootloop, and after I wipe all user data, system and cache, reflash and still bootloop.
I have the touch rogue recovery, I don't think that the problem because I restore my nandroid, and now all work with the unofficial CM9 19042012

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
With the last nightly, I am in bootloop :(
I wipe all and another bootloop ! What is the problem ? My Wingray works like a charm with the cm9 rogue build !
05-10 works just fine here. I've updated the unofficial 04-19 and all looks good so far.
Perhaps you should have read post #2 ;)
Swyped from my Xoom

Last edited:
Reactions: Gregus59

Gregus59

Jul 27, 2010
Maubeuge
The server is down... Could you give me the direct link for the latest build... Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 9 For the Motorola Xoom
    (Stingray & Wingray)

iiAeqEtmaEaTK.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Wipe the data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Flash CyanogenMod 9.
    5. Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Changelog:

Wingray Nightly Changelog

Stingray Nightly Changelog

Gerrit Merge Changelog

Download Links:

Wingray (Wifi-Only)-

Release Candidates:
    9.0.0 RC1/RC2

Stable Releases:
    9.0.0 Stable

Stingray (LTE)-

Release Candidates: Pending

Stable Releases: Pending

Gapps-

Select most recent for 9.0.x: link

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​
    Just a heads up on whats going on:

We are working on adding an "advanced" tab to the menu settings. The main purpose of it is to add device specific additions to the build. For now it will likely only include a charge light toggle.

We are also working on a fix for the screen off animation (CRT). For now it will be removed from the build due to the reboot issue its causing.

CM9 is all about having a stable lean build with solid features added in. It will likely not include a ton of the add ons you may be familiar with from other roms. It is still not finished and you will see a few more really cool features merged in over the course of the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience and enjoy the ride!
    We will be flipping the switch very soon for official CM10 nightlies :D
    Alright guys, a few updates and comments for ya:

-We have new builds that will include an "advanced" tab in the main menu. For now the only item it will contain is a toggle for the charging light. We are however trying to figure out a few small issues with it before the code is merged into nightlies. In the meantime I might release a test build that includes it for Wingray and Stingray on my G+ so keep an eye out if your interested.

-In terms of supporting Everest, we are still unsure if we will. It's very hard for us to test since no one on our team has one of there units. We are in a similar situation with Stingray but thanks to some great testers on my G+ we were able to remedy the situation. We are going to look into it and I will keep you posted with what we decide to do.

-With Jellybean source being released just the corner we are starting to get our "ducks in a row". Hopefully everything merges smooth and we can have nightlies kicking out shortly after we get source, but its impossible to say until we know what were up against. Most likely test builds for this will be posted up on my G+ page in the future. As always remember, "NO ETA's"!

-We want to say thank you to the people who help others out on this thread. I know it can get frustrating when people ask the same questions over and over or ask questions that are clearly answered in the OP. I'm not able to constantly monitor this thread so the help you provide to others does not go unnoticed and its very very much appreciated!

-Last but not least, thank you everyone else for your support! I will keep you updated with new information as soon as I can. Looking forward to Jelly Bean!
    CM10 test builds are posted on my G+ plus account for: Stingray, Wingray, as well as Everest. As soon as nightlies start rolling out I will update this thread to reflect CM10. Enjoy!