XOOM2/Xyboard BOOTSTRAP 11-16-12

Search This thread

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
This is a custom recovery, based off the Bootstrap recovery method originally from Koush
ALPHA!!!!

A Big thanks goes to the guys who have help test this, nchantmnt, taquion12, HussX, without them this would not have been possible (because I myself don’t own a xoom2/xyboard)
And a big shout out to the gentleman that brought this charge mode type of hijack to my attention luxxx123.
Also thanks to tenfar for his contribution to the Android communities

This project is being retired, i will give you all what i have so far but know that is it NOT 100% and will never be

This is a custom one off bootstrap, it works the way it does, remember im NOT going to be able to continue development of it, and im sorry if you dont like what i have so far, you are welcome to not use it.

HOW TO USE:
install apk,
open app
press install recovery
Allow SU permission
if everything goes as planed you will see a "success" toast
now press power off,
PRESS and HOLD all three keys to enter the Boot Options, using volume down navigate to BPTools, then volume up to select
You will boot into TWRP.
you can flash zips, and a backup, and all the other normal things, however DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTORE A BACKUP you wipe your /system and be left with nothing there.
this is HIGHLY recommended to not be used a primary solution.

Thank you all for your help over the month, and i will as always answer what ever questions you guys have.
com.runandhide05.xoom2recovery.Bootstrap.apk - 2.91 MB

source for device
https://github.com/runandhide05/moto_pasteur
wip source for bootstrap
https://github.com/runandhide05/xoom2_bootstrap-wip-

**Here is some helpful threads to fastboot your device back to stock
One Click restore
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1900755
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923429

Last edited:

lambergio

Mar 1, 2010
on my mz609 8.2: wipe cache work, wipe dalvik cache work, wipe battery stats work.
wipe data/factory reset not tested, first i want to make a backup : D
flash zip don't work, backup don' t work, (i sent e-mail with last_log)

this work without one xoom2 is already a great result. do not stop :good:

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
wipe dalvik & cache works
backup and restore doesnt work and flashing zip doesnt work.
also factory reset doesn't work.
seems to be a mounting issue. unable to mount /sdcard and /cache.
will send you log via email.
do you need the partition table? don't know if there is a difference between xoom2 and xyboard e.g. between the models' tables

edit: log basicly consists of not being able to find/mount /cache /sdcard /userdata

edit 2: ok, sent you my logfile, seems like recovery can mount /cache on boot but not remount it after wiping it.

cheers

Last edited:

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
wipe dalvik & cache works
backup and restore doesnt work and flashing zip doesnt work.
also factory reset doesn't work.
seems to be a mounting issue. unable to mount /sdcard and /cache.
will send you log via email.
do you need the partition table? don't know if there is a difference between xoom2 and xyboard e.g. between the models' tables

edit: log basicly consists of not being able to find/mount /cache /sdcard /userdata

edit 2: ok, sent you my logfile, seems like recovery can mount /cache on boot but not remount it after wiping it.

cheers

please try this one and report back
xoom2recovery_v0.0.3.apk - 2.29 MB

also need this one tested, and please report back which verision you are testing, refer to v0.0.X on the apk name
i think 0.0.4 should have a lot of things fixed.

but please feel free to test both,
xoom2recovery_v0.0.4.apk - 2.29 MB

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Nice work there! Can you PM me telling how you did it? You're amazing, will try later if my mom let me test with her Xoom2 ;)

Sent from my 3g JB Xoom - By the 1st Xoom RC

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
ok guys im am seeing a problem. i need info. and some imgs.
need xoom2 (aka pasteur) , xyboard (aka fleming) and a xoom ME if anyone has one.
i need the following from them
please send me the model number mz609 and the details like "its the verizion droid xyboard" or the xoom media edition. the only img i have is of the pasteur which is the Xoom2 and i think its causing some issues, but i am not sure because im not getting enough detail on what deice you have and what the errors are, i cant remember what tablet each of you have some friendly reminders when you email or post would be great.
thanks

. that said i need the boot img and the reocvery img.
do this
in terminal
su
cat /proc/partitions
find the recovery and boot img block and then do this
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p11 of=/sdcard/boot.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p12 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

subsituting the mmcblk1pXX for the correct block.
then send them to me please.

Last edited:

jeffcavicchi

Dec 5, 2011
I have an MZ607 Xoom2 ME. I would be willing to help-I am rooted and on the ICS OTA, but this project is a bit over my head. I don't have fast boot files, for instance.

However, if I can be of assistance let me know - I'd love to see a custom recovery for this device!

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk 2

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
I have an MZ607 Xoom2 ME. I would be willing to help-I am rooted and on the ICS OTA, but this project is a bit over my head. I don't have fast boot files, for instance.

However, if I can be of assistance let me know - I'd love to see a custom recovery for this device!

You can. Do as stated right above your post and shoot me those imgs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Okay - got them. How do I send them to you?

email or upload to a site and link,

my email is my name at gmail dot com

Someone try this for me please, its a twrp built apk ( im a LOT more familiar with twrp than cwm when it comes to building recoverys)
i have no ieda if it will even boot, ive never seen of a twrp bootstrap but hell... who knows right?

x2recovery_twrp_v0.0.1.apk - 2.36 MB

mikeymike75

Jul 18, 2012
ok guys im am seeing a problem. i need info. and some imgs.
need xoom2 (aka pasteur) , xyboard (aka fleming) and a xoom ME if anyone has one.
i need the following from them
please send me the model number mz609 and the details like "its the verizion droid xyboard" or the xoom media edition. the only img i have is of the pasteur which is the Xoom2 and i think its causing some issues, but i am not sure because im not getting enough detail on what deice you have and what the errors are, i cant remember what tablet each of you have some friendly reminders when you email or post would be great.
thanks

. that said i need the boot img and the reocvery img.
do this
in terminal
su
cat /proc/partitions
find the recovery and boot img block and then do this
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p11 of=/sdcard/boot.img
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk1p12 of=/sdcard/recovery.img

subsituting the mmcblk1pXX for the correct block.
then send them to me please.

I don't mean to step on your toes, but shouldn't the command be cat proc/partitions?

jeffcavicchi

Dec 5, 2011
Let me know if you don't get them. I assume your email is your username at Gmail dot com.

nchantmnt

Jan 26, 2012
Sure will try this evening. As you know i own the xoom 2 aka "pasteur". It's the mz616 from o2 germany, should be all the same tablets (in spite of the amount of internal storage) here in germany.

In case you need this:

app_56@pasteur:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
app_56@pasteur:/ $ su
# cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name alias

179 0 15552512 mmcblk1
179 1 128 mmcblk1p1
179 2 512 mmcblk1p2
179 3 512 mmcblk1p3
179 4 128 mmcblk1p4
179 5 4096 mmcblk1p5 pds
179 6 512 mmcblk1p6
179 7 1024 mmcblk1p7
179 8 2048 mmcblk1p8
179 9 512 mmcblk1p9
179 10 512 mmcblk1p10
179 11 8192 mmcblk1p11 boot
179 12 9216 mmcblk1p12 recovery
179 13 217088 mmcblk1p13 cdrom
179 14 512 mmcblk1p14 misc
179 15 512 mmcblk1p15 cid
179 16 4096 mmcblk1p16 kpanic
179 17 614400 mmcblk1p17 system
179 18 980992 mmcblk1p18 cache
179 19 716800 mmcblk1p19 preinstall
179 20 12959744 mmcblk1p20 userdata
179 64 1024 mmcblk1boot1
179 32 1024 mmcblk1boot0
#

Cheers

Gesendet von meinem XOOM 2 mit Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

I'm still holding my promise. As soon as the recovery gets usable i willl donate ;)

Gesendet von meinem XOOM 2 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a custom recovery, based off the Bootstrap recovery method originally from Koush
    ALPHA!!!!

A Big thanks goes to the guys who have help test this, nchantmnt, taquion12, HussX, without them this would not have been possible (because I myself don’t own a xoom2/xyboard)
    And a big shout out to the gentleman that brought this charge mode type of hijack to my attention luxxx123.
    Also thanks to tenfar for his contribution to the Android communities

This project is being retired, i will give you all what i have so far but know that is it NOT 100% and will never be

This is a custom one off bootstrap, it works the way it does, remember im NOT going to be able to continue development of it, and im sorry if you dont like what i have so far, you are welcome to not use it.

HOW TO USE:
    install apk,
    open app
    press install recovery
    Allow SU permission
    if everything goes as planed you will see a "success" toast
    now press power off,
    PRESS and HOLD all three keys to enter the Boot Options, using volume down navigate to BPTools, then volume up to select
    You will boot into TWRP.
    you can flash zips, and a backup, and all the other normal things, however DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RESTORE A BACKUP you wipe your /system and be left with nothing there.
    this is HIGHLY recommended to not be used a primary solution.

Thank you all for your help over the month, and i will as always answer what ever questions you guys have.
    com.runandhide05.xoom2recovery.Bootstrap.apk - 2.91 MB

source for device
    https://github.com/runandhide05/moto_pasteur
    wip source for bootstrap
    https://github.com/runandhide05/xoom2_bootstrap-wip-

**Here is some helpful threads to fastboot your device back to stock
    One Click restore
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1900755
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923429
    i just got twrp to boot, here we come, i have a good feeling about this....
    Life happens, in the middle of a move, I know what needs to happen, hash and I talked last night, I have dedicated HOURS each night for weeks to this, I know how it needs to work, I know how to change my recovery build, I made changes and it didn't work. And you all know I'll work on it some more later.
    Just chill it will happen.
    Remember I'm no developer and have never claimed to be. I do this **** cause its challenging and fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    http://db.tt/rSW9T6FT

Tear this apart and see if it helps. Looking at both yours and this, looks like your on the same path.

Sent by my NO signal but Unlocked GS3

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

@tenfar is the man u really need to get with. He was able to get this going on the X2 when no one else could.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

You have to have some type of a hijack.killall and hijack.charge script to stop all other processes during initial boot in order to get the end result your looking for. you guys are sooooo close.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

http://db.tt/iWdWl1k8

Here's a slightly different hijack recovery with a few changes to look at. Scripts are slightly different for a custom CM 7 ROM.

ok i put in the offer for it on that thread, just waiting back to hear from him, had to convince my wife that it wont actually cost me that much once i get recovery working and ironed out.. lol
    il let everyone know when i get it