[CAN FLASH EVERYTHING] Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.4.6 Galaxy 5

Search This thread

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.6 capable of flashing all the zip files....
recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-galaxy5.zip (Mediafire)(5.25 mb)

I made this cwm recovery 6.0.4.6 with the help of Jenkins.

Features...

->Fully functional. (Still no option for partition sdcard)
->This recovery can flash all the roms and also older recoveries and all the valid zip files. (even cm7)
->Use this until psyke officially release a properly working cwm.

How to use?

->Flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-galaxy5.tar (or any older) using Odin.
->Flash this zip file provided by me in the above link.
->After that boot into this new recovery and perform a cache wipe (NOT dalvik-cache). Then you're done....!!! Now, start flashing everything or reboot to system back...

Acknowledgements:-

-> First and very important fact I want you all to know is that from CM11 (CWM 6.0.4.5 onwards), a major security step has been taken up by Koush (CWM creator) by introducing SElinux and so one more security enhancement that came with it is: That...now you need to keep your updater-script as precise as possible. For e.g :- Not giving permission command for such files that doesn't even exist.
-> Another thing I saw was that now, format command in updater-script requires 5 args instead of 4 or 3.
-> Psyke83's cm7 can be flashed using this recovery but there were some mistakes in few of the updater-script lines. I removed those Mistakes (not added a single word more) and now...cm7 can be flashed right away using this recovery 6.0.4.6.

Corrected updater-script file for cm7 (for latest v3.0):-

updater-script (9 KB)

(If after download, your file is named like this- "updater-script.bin", please rename it to "updater-script".)

Where to replace this file?

->Those who don't know where to replace this updater-script file:- Open psyke83's latest v3.0 cm7 zip file. Go to META-INF/com/google/android and there in 'android' folder you'll see updater-script file. Just replace that file with mine (given above).
->Now, your cm7 zip file is ready to be flashed with cwm 6.0.4.6 provided above.

ENJOY.....!!!!

PROJECT Closed: Use PhilZ Touch Recovery which is based on CWM. It can flash everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikereidis

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
Wanna know what were the mistakes in cm7 script according to new rules of cwm 6.0.4.5 (or newer)?...Here you go...

->First one: Format requires five args instead of three or four or lesser.

So, it is the line in original updater-script:-

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/stl12");

But, it has to be like this according to new pattern of cwm 6.0.4.5 (or newer):-

format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/stl12", "0", "/system");

So, I corrected it.

->Second one & the last one is that not giving permissions to the file that doesn't exist.

Line in original file:-

set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");

But, the file 'install-recovery.sh' doesn't exist. So, I removed this line.

And so finally tried flashing CM7 and it was successfully flashed with the new recovery and booted up very fast...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CWM Recovery 6.0.4.6 capable of flashing all the zip files....
    recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-galaxy5.zip (Mediafire)(5.25 mb)

I made this cwm recovery 6.0.4.6 with the help of Jenkins.

Features...

->Fully functional. (Still no option for partition sdcard)
    ->This recovery can flash all the roms and also older recoveries and all the valid zip files. (even cm7)
    ->Use this until psyke officially release a properly working cwm.

How to use?

->Flash recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-galaxy5.tar (or any older) using Odin.
    ->Flash this zip file provided by me in the above link.
    ->After that boot into this new recovery and perform a cache wipe (NOT dalvik-cache). Then you're done....!!! Now, start flashing everything or reboot to system back...

Acknowledgements:-

-> First and very important fact I want you all to know is that from CM11 (CWM 6.0.4.5 onwards), a major security step has been taken up by Koush (CWM creator) by introducing SElinux and so one more security enhancement that came with it is: That...now you need to keep your updater-script as precise as possible. For e.g :- Not giving permission command for such files that doesn't even exist.
    -> Another thing I saw was that now, format command in updater-script requires 5 args instead of 4 or 3.
    -> Psyke83's cm7 can be flashed using this recovery but there were some mistakes in few of the updater-script lines. I removed those Mistakes (not added a single word more) and now...cm7 can be flashed right away using this recovery 6.0.4.6.

Corrected updater-script file for cm7 (for latest v3.0):-

updater-script (9 KB)

(If after download, your file is named like this- "updater-script.bin", please rename it to "updater-script".)

Where to replace this file?

->Those who don't know where to replace this updater-script file:- Open psyke83's latest v3.0 cm7 zip file. Go to META-INF/com/google/android and there in 'android' folder you'll see updater-script file. Just replace that file with mine (given above).
    ->Now, your cm7 zip file is ready to be flashed with cwm 6.0.4.6 provided above.

ENJOY.....!!!!

PROJECT Closed: Use PhilZ Touch Recovery which is based on CWM. It can flash everything.