Sprint visual voice mail for CM10

Search This thread

Xalky

Jun 17, 2011
No need to apologize. Thanks for the info. I'm considering moving over to cm 10 but I'm a little reluctant because of some troubles I had when I had my epic phone. Vvm being one of them.

Is cm10 solid enough to be a daily driver? Crashes?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

tinpaul

Dec 25, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
No need to apologize. Thanks for the info. I'm considering moving over to cm 10 but I'm a little reluctant because of some troubles I had when I had my epic phone. Vvm being one of them.

It's my daily driver, some say they had random reboots but only had one and that was this morning.

Reactions: piehlg92

coldheater

Aug 18, 2010
It's my daily driver, some say they had random reboots but only had one and that was this morning.

I have had it on my phone for 4 days and it works great. However, there are times when I hit the power button to turn it off and it will not wake up and I have to pull the battery out and reboot my phone. I have had it randomly reboot once, but other than that, it works great and is super fast. I'm impressed.

fu2bcdc

Aug 27, 2008
Erie, PA
Link to private sms? There are a ton listed and none day anything about the error.

4g4me

Jul 16, 2010

I have been flashing the dailies. Today's worked well. I did have random reboots on 8/20 nightly. Officially they will say it is experimental , but I am also using it as daily driver. Its pretty good. Its definitely the best custom rom out for the SGS3. The one thing that does suck it there is no S-BEAM in CM but its pretty clean otherwise.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

No need to pull the battery all you need to do is hold down the power button and it should reset

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Built in hard power-reset on SGS3 is Vol down + PWR for 10 sec.

Try it...

---------- Post added at 02:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 AM ----------

I have had it on my phone for 4 days and it works great. However, there are times when I hit the power button to turn it off and it will not wake up and I have to pull the battery out and reboot my phone. I have had it randomly reboot once, but other than that, it works great and is super fast. I'm impressed.

use vol down + pwr for 10 sec

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Which nightly/flavor are you running? What is your CM version in about phone.Just curious

mykl_74

Apr 13, 2011
works for me

tinpaul- Thanks a million! Just installed this, downloaded all my voicemails that were waiting since I switched to cm10 on my GS3. So far working great, you're a lifesaver...

Reactions: rvsharpe

x2phrack

Jun 29, 2012
I found the below on the Sprint forums. figured i would let ya'll know, if ya didn't already

While that would probably work it won't fix the issue, it just hides it from you.

There are a couple of things that can cause this. Any sort of third party messaging app can cause weird issues like this or if something becomes corrupted for some reason. The messages are normally intercepted by the voicemail app before they get to the messaging app, but if something is not working correctly the voicemail app can miss the message, so it will instead appear in messaging.

1. Open the Sprint Voicemail application

2. Press Menu and choose Compose

3. Record a message that is ~2-3 seconds long, it can be longer but doesn't need to be.

4. Send it to activate@vvm.sprintpcs.com

5. Within ~15 minutes your phone will re-register with the Visual Voicemail server and the messages should stop appearing.

That should fix the issue most of the time. This method is similar across all Android visual voicemail phones, and even the Samsung Instinct devices. Blackberries and iPhones have a completely different method.

djayallday

Mar 2, 2013
hi i installed the voice mail apk it said it was a 30 day free trial so im wondering if it will work in a month ?

i have a galaxy s3 on sprint
and im running cm10
hope i posted this correctly im a noob and all ;)

Last edited:

scribleofbaja

Aug 1, 2009
Phoenix
hi i installed the voice mail apk it said it was a 30 day free trial so im wondering if it will work in a month ?

i have a galaxy s3 on sprint
and im running cm10
hope i posted this correctly im a noob and all ;)

I too would like to thank you as well. I downloaded it last night and what a
difference it has made all day! Stinks that MIUI has voice mail and not CM.

To answer your question @djayallday I believe that it's a trial for the visual voice to text part.
Voicemail itself should still work without a problem even after the trial period has ended.
Hope that helps :)

Reactions: djayallday

djayallday

Mar 2, 2013
I too would like to thank you as well. I downloaded it last night and what a
difference it has made all day! Stinks that MIUI has voice mail and not CM.

To answer your question @djayallday I believe that it's a trial for the visual voice to text part.
Voicemail itself should still work without a problem even after the trial period has ended.
Hope that helps :)

thanks my man :)

Top Liked Posts