Motorola Razr M Flash To PagePlus?

Search This thread

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
Ok so here is my question ....
I have done all the LTE Verizon flashed to PP but for some reason im having trouble ....
When i re-boot the phone goes back to R-UIM instead to NV Only .... My PRL sticks but doesnt let me write the NAM settings....
Im gonna be having the phone for a week hopefully someone can help ...
And if i get it to work ill make a GUIDE for it ... :(:(

Last edited:
Reactions: bamx2

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
There are issues with getting 4G phones to work on Page Plus at the moment since they aren't supported. Some have had luck removing the 4G SIM as from what I understand 4G won't work with Page Plus.

neelhow

Dec 14, 2011
Any Progress

Just wandering if anyone has made progress on this I just got the droid razr m and would like to put it on page plus.
I have a friend who is using the droid bionic on page plus with everything working not sure if the process would be the same.

I've been checking out a droid razr forum on howardforums (xda want let me post link yet) but not really sure if it would work or not. This is my first smart phone been holding out for awhile, coming from an old LG Chocolate 3, really like the phone but would really like to save some money by putting it on page plus.

Wojei

Dec 13, 2010
Ok so here is my question ....
I have done all the LTE Verizon flashed to PP but for some reason im having trouble ....
When i re-boot the phone goes back to R-UIM instead to NV Only .... My PRL sticks but doesnt let me write the NAM settings....
Im gonna be having the phone for a week hopefully someone can help ...
And if i get it to work ill make a GUIDE for it ... :(:(

I was playing around with build.prop hoping that the resetting has something to do with the values in that file, but I had little success with that. Any updates on your end?

TechSlinger

Apr 6, 2012
Any progress on this?

I'm running into the same problem trying to get a friends RAZR M activated on PP. I've successfully set up two Droid Bionics using DFS to set NV-Only, configure the EVDO settings and then manually entering the MDN, MIN, etc. But I've been working with this phone for three days now and it absolutely will not keep the NV-Only setting and the Done button is not available in the 01 User Activation settings on the Program menu.

I'm reaching here but could this have anything to do with needing to "unlock" the phone?

At any rate, any help or progress on this would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: By the way, I don't know if this matters/helps, but this phone is running the stock Jelly Bean from OTA update.

Last edited:

droidan

Aug 12, 2010
Hi..here's the solution. (only for rooted Ics, not available for razr m/hd with OTA Jelly bean)
1. If you are on Jelly Bean, return to stock ICS.
2. You MUST root the phone.
3. Download Sqlite Editor from Play store. (Available for purchase)
4. Download ES Root Explorer from Play store.(Available for purchase)
5. Using explorer, go to data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases
6. find Settings.db inside the folder, copy and paste this file in the same folder.
7. Open the new file(settings-copy.db) with sqlite editor.
8. Find Preferred CDMA subscription, change the value from 0 to 1, save and exit.
9. Delete the original settings.db files, then rename settings-copy.db to settings.db
10. Return to home screen. Restart into boot loader. Choose BP tool to program.

11. From this point, you can do Nam programming on your phone with dfs/cdma-ws/qpst and the value will stick.

This method works on new Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD with Rooted ICS only. Not working with Jelly Bean OTA, because there's no pref.cdma subscription inside the settings.db. Maybe we have to wait for full stock JB file.

Happy flashing guys..

coolbird

Nov 11, 2007
Hi..here's the solution. (only for rooted Ics, not available for razr m/hd with OTA Jelly bean)
6. find Settings.db inside the folder, copy and paste this file in the same folder.
8. Find Preferred CDMA subscription, change the value from 0 to 1, save and exit.
9. Delete the original settings.db files, then rename settings-copy.db to settings.db

11. From this point, you can do Nam programming on your phone with dfs/cdma-ws/qpst and the value will stick.

This method works on new Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, RAZR MAXX HD with Rooted ICS only. Not working with Jelly Bean OTA, because there's no pref.cdma subscription inside the settings.db. Maybe we have to wait for full stock JB file.

Happy flashing guys..

I can confirm that the prefererd_cdma_subsctiption item does exist in settings.db of the official OTA JB 4.1.1 in my Droid Razr HD (XT926, Verizon version). I changed the value from 0 to 1, but I still got the "Failed to get call NAM information" when click "User Activation", and I still couldn't write to the phone in service programming in QPST (version 2.7.378), a "NV Write Errors" windows popped up showed "NV_SPC_CHANGE_ENABLE_I" with status "NV_FAIL_S". Any idea what was going on?

Last edited:

neelhow

Dec 14, 2011

Happy flashing guys..

Ok first let me say thanks. This is a push in the right direction I was able to get voice and text working. Razr M XT907

Followed the steps laid out but after changing setting to nv_only "done" was still grayed out when phone rebooted.
Booted phone back into bptools and using dfs checked setting sure enough nv_only had taken. So I manually pushed the min/mdn, cdma system id
after restarting the phone and going back to the user activation screen the fields were populated and the "done" button was available so I was able to write the settings to the phone.

After phone reboots settings have taken but the strange thing is when I try to activate the phone I get an Alltel activation that fails.
Not sure what is happening here but phone appears to be on Alltel network instead of Verizon as expected.

I booted back into bptools and manually loaded a new pageplus prl. Reboot the phone prl it is set to new one.
Then the phone dials out *28899 trying to activate on verizon but it also fails. Tried dialing *22800 to activate but the screen comes up
with " A Verizon Wireless SIM card has activated your service and updated your phone's roaming capabilities".
Doing a quick check of my setting and my cdma system id and prl have been changed. cmda 1015, prl 52952.
So it would seem that after the *28899 tried to activate it changed my settings.

Anyway to make a long story short voice and text work but cant get 3G to work, and apparently the phone is not activated
and the *28899 is dialing at random trying to activate. I have gone and changed my cdma back 443 and that seems to keep the
*28899 from coming up as often that could be my imagination.

Sorry if this rambles first time flashing a phone if anything needs clarification let me know I will try to explain better.

Last edited:
Reactions: prr pwnz

Wojei

Dec 13, 2010
Ok first let me say thanks. This is a push in the right direction I was able to get voice and text working. Razr M XT907

Followed the steps laid out but after changing setting to nv_only "done" was still grayed out when phone rebooted.
Booted phone back into bptools and using dfs checked setting sure enough nv_only had taken. So I manually pushed the min/mdn, cdma system id
after restarting the phone and going back to the user activation screen the fields were populated and the "done" button was available so I was able to write the settings to the phone.

After phone reboots settings have taken but the strange thing is when I try to activate the phone I get an Alltel activation that fails.
Not sure what is happening here but phone appears to be on Alltel network instead of Verizon as expected.

I booted back into bptools and manually loaded a new pageplus prl. Reboot the phone prl it is set to new one.
Then the phone dials out *28899 trying to activate on verizon but it also fails. Tried dialing *22800 to activate but the screen comes up
with " A Verizon Wireless SIM card has activated your service and updated your phone's roaming capabilities".
Doing a quick check of my setting and my cdma system id and prl have been changed. cmda 1015, prl 52952.
So it would seem that after the *28899 tried to activate it changed my settings.

Anyway to make a long story short voice and text work but cant get 3G to work, and apparently the phone is not activated
and the *28899 is dialing at random trying to activate. I have gone and changed my cdma back 443 and that seems to keep the
*28899 from coming up as often that could be my imagination.

Sorry if this rambles first time flashing a phone if anything needs clarification let me know I will try to explain better.

Are you running Android 4.0.4? Is there a full system image for XT907 with Android 4.0.x because my phone came with 4.1.1 installed and I want to downgrade.

As for 4.1.1, I believe that the "Find Preferred CDMA subscription" is now under com.android.providers.settings -> settings.db -> secure -> subscription_mode (see https://github.com/android/platform...ster/core/java/android/provider/Settings.java and search for subscription_mode). The issue however is that that value gets reset back to 0 after a restart, but I cannot find where that happens. I am guessing one of the init files or build.prop maybe.

neelhow

Dec 14, 2011
Are you running Android 4.0.4? Is there a full system image for XT907 with Android 4.0.x because my phone came with 4.1.1 installed and I want to downgrade.

Yes I'm on 4.0.4 There is a thread under the development section but I could not get that download to work but the post was helpful b/c there are a couple of lines that have to be removed from the xml to get it to work right. I downloaded from a phonearena post just google VZW_XT907_4.0.4-7.7.1Q-144_SMQ_S1-36-10_CFC.xml and it should be the first link. I would post link but cant yet.

Actually just went and looked at the ICS thread again and the link to phonearena is in post #16.

Last edited:

mkarps

Aug 25, 2010
Wish I could do more to help but hope this gets figured out. Getting itchy to upgrade to a razr m or hd on page plus from my OG Razr.

Wojei

Dec 13, 2010
At first I set the phone to NV only mode, then followed one of the many guides online for Droird Razr flashing to page plus using CDMA workshop. After setting all the values in CDMA and EDVO, I had calls, texts and 2g data. Then, I put in a blank Verizon 4g sim and called *228, and clicked 1 to program. Once it was done, i restarted the phone and 3g started working.

Reactions: prr pwnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NV_only on JB XT907

I managed to set the NV only on Android 4.1.
    To do this:
    1. Flash the modem driver from Android 4.0.4. yadi .sk/d/AehMbEDt2nAW2 (remove space in link)
    2. The file settings.db at \ data \ data \ com.android.provider.settings \ databases to install 13 point "substcription_mode" to "1"

I have described in detail in our 4pda .ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=403669&view=findpost&p=19112888 (remove space in link) the example Intertelecom Ukraine.
    P.S. I did not know English and I use google translate, but I hope you understand me and it will be helpful to you.:)

Happy flashing guys..
    Alright guys, sorry I don't have the guide ready yet. The good news, is that I have been able to reproduce and document my results without too much trouble... smooth stable 3G on JB. The bad news, is that this will require a donor after all.

I mentioned earlier that the HA/AAA keys were coming from OTA programming... actually that's not true, they were coming from my donor. I thought all this time that the M.IP and NAM settings were totally locked on the XT907... turns out that they are write-only. Very strange... so you can't read them, but you can write to them.. OK... but since the keys aren't coming down via OTA, we'll need a donor and then we can write them.

I think I've figured out a way to use DFS for this, so you won't have to spend $108 on CDMAws at least. Also, I can help people via PM and send them their 3G keys if they don't have a donor.
    Thanks to all
    Guide

Alright, here is my guide. Let me know how it goes. (Posted at HoFo since there is a larger PPC following there)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ellyBean-on-PagePlus-VOICE-SMS-MMS-3G-WORKING