Custom Quick Settings.

Search This thread

llewelld

Jan 24, 2011
Hi Guys, I'm a long time android user, but this is my first pure AOSP, I've been on various CM roms for quite a while.

I was pretty surprised to see that I can't find a custom quick settings option (ie change how the quick settings buttons work)....

- Why would you ever have bluetooth and wifi tiles launch settings menus, rather than just toggle bluetooth / wifi on/off - really silly default option..

- would love to be able to add a torch, screen timeout & screen rotation lock tiles...

My question, is there any way to get this sort of functionality without going to a custom rom - still using the quick tiles? or is it just a matter of me not being so impatient and waiting for CM or similar to be released..

Love the idea of being able to get OTA updates.. and really to be honest, the only thing I am really missing from CM is the ability to modify the quick tiles..

ArkAngel06

Jun 18, 2010
Hi Guys, I'm a long time android user, but this is my first pure AOSP, I've been on various CM roms for quite a while.

I was pretty surprised to see that I can't find a custom quick settings option (ie change how the quick settings buttons work)....

- Why would you ever have bluetooth and wifi tiles launch settings menus, rather than just toggle bluetooth / wifi on/off - really silly default option..

- would love to be able to add a torch, screen timeout & screen rotation lock tiles...

My question, is there any way to get this sort of functionality without going to a custom rom - still using the quick tiles? or is it just a matter of me not being so impatient and waiting for CM or similar to be released..

Love the idea of being able to get OTA updates.. and really to be honest, the only thing I am really missing from CM is the ability to modify the quick tiles..

If you long press a tile, it toggles that setting on off.

Reactions: llewelld

FEnzo

Sep 8, 2008
It's good to know I am not the only one feeling this one.
I was a bit shocked to see how little options there are for customization in the stock rom.
I guess I am spoiled by CyanogenMod....

Zandeer

Jan 28, 2013
Here is a screen shot, very customizable and the bolt to the right is like torch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384071531987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384071531987.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 420

a9y

Nov 5, 2013
If you want rotation lock in quick settings you have to modify SystemUI.apk and framework2.jar. If you were using stock you'd have to modify those, but using AOSP means you can just change a few lines of code and recompile.

If you want to know the exact parts to modify let me know.

Omarion11

Jul 16, 2011
Root and Xposed Framework

I had the same frustration as you. Root your Nexus, Download Xposed framework the Gravity Box for KitKat module and you can add toggles and change other stuff if you want. Its perfect for customizing your stock os.
Id recommend make a nandroid backup and save it. I dont know if it effects your phone when you get an OTA update. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ALL THIS I love my Nexus now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you long press a tile, it toggles that setting on off.