Flashable Recovery Zip for N73G?

Search This thread

Dude360

Nov 22, 2006
On my N4 Ive got a zip containing recovery.img that flashes a TWRP recovery.

I use this to update by swapping the .img when needed.

Im looking to do the same for the N73G as have not been able to found one anywhere.

So, the code for flashing the N4 is

Code:
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/tmp/recovery.img");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/tmp/recovery.img", "of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery");

This extracts the img to /tmp the copies it to the partition.

But a zip I found for the Grouper:

Code:
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS");

Seems to extract the img directly to the partition

Which one would be able to be used on the 3G?

Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "dd", "if=/tmp/recovery.img", "of=/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS");
Or
Code:
package_extract_file("recovery.img", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/SOS");

Is the recovery partition named the same on the Tilly? I dont know how to find the name tbh :(

When it comes to flashing partitions with edify Im always a little careful and want to check this first.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Erovia

Sep 16, 2012
You either use the Flashify app to create a flashable zip or just simply flash the img with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Reactions: Dude360

Dude360

Nov 22, 2006
You either use the Flashify app to create a flashable zip or just simply flash the img with "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
Now I didnt know about Flashify so will take a look at creating a zip with that.

;edit; Cool app ut doesnt seem to be able to create a flashable zip from a downloaded recovery though

I have a collection of recoveries on my SD so I can flash between them on my N4 when Im not at a PC.

Its also easier for me to send a non-techy a friend a zip file to flash for an update as I dont see him all that often enough :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.