[Q] Google Play Issue (Lenovo S820)

Search This thread

mayxar

Jun 24, 2014
Recently, I updated my phone with the Lenovo system Update and since then, my Google play(and services) stopped working. I unistalled my Google Play and the services to solve the issue and reinstalled them back, but nothing worked. I did a factory recet but also, nothing worked.

I have followed most links on the web regarding the "Google play has stopped working" error and still, NOTHING has worked.

Please help. :(

My phone is Lenovo S820.

frost245

May 20, 2014
Recently, I updated my phone with the Lenovo system Update and since then, my Google play(and services) stopped working. I unistalled my Google Play and the services to solve the issue and reinstalled them back, but nothing worked. I did a factory recet but also, nothing worked.

I have followed most links on the web regarding the "Google play has stopped working" error and still, NOTHING has worked.

Please help. :(

My phone is Lenovo S820.

Try deleting the host file in :
/etc

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app

frost245

May 20, 2014
Mind explaining how in detail? I'm kinda of a noob in android.

Sorry, really sorry about the late respond..first, root your phone, install root explorer; then go to : etc, then delete the host file (dont forget to turn the permission r/w first!):D

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Free mobile app

cityengineers

Mar 30, 2011
I too have the same Lenovo S820 phone which I upgraded to latest vibe UI 1.5 which is kitkat 4.4.2 OTA. After upgrading I lost the root. I tried to root it using Frama root, V root etc. but to no avail. Can someone please suggest how to root this phone with vibe UI 1.5 ?

Sent from my Lenovo S820 using Tapatalk

cityengineers

Mar 30, 2011
I too have the same Lenovo S820 phone which I upgraded to latest vibe UI 1.5 which is kitkat 4.4.2 OTA. After upgrading I lost the root. I tried to root it using Frama root, V root etc. but to no avail. Can someone please suggest how to root this phone with vibe UI 1.5 ?

Sent from my Lenovo S820 using Tapatalk

I found a way to root it using 4.4Root.zip . Just flashed this zip using custom recovery. If u don't have custom recovery, u need to flash it using flash tool.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

hakmal007

Oct 27, 2014
plus.google.com
i have same problem and u dont care about it.
but i get the worst problem that my andriod , will restart after it on and it continues(looping )
it like crash .
i happen after i update my vibe ui.
help mee ASAP cus i dont have any phone to use