Sprint SPH-L720 - "End Call" won't work after root

Search This thread

chemical25

Nov 13, 2009
It's gone on long enough - Need help

I have a Sprint SPH-L720, unlocked and rooted (versions below) and, when using the phone and I want to end a call, nothing happens - if the other person hangs up, I'm fine, but if I make a call and get a voicemail, I have to quickly reboot my phone since my red "End Call" button does nothing... tapping it like a madman has no effect - the screen shows the button being pressed visually, so it doesn't seem to be a phantom screen lock issue.

I did fiddle with the modem/radio updates, since I am overseas with the phone to get it to work with an unlocked SIM - everything on the phone works fantastic - just the damn "End Call" button which is kind of important...

Using a different ROM and going back to a Stock restore has no effect, so it leads me to believe it's a modem/radio/baseband issue or something.

Let me know what you think!

Details:

Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: L720VPUAMDC
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod (Sun Apr 20 2014)
Cyanogenmod version: 11-20140420-NIGHTLY-jflte

Thanks!

nwacpr

Jul 14, 2014

I have a Sprint SPH-L720, unlocked and rooted (versions below) and, when using the phone and I want to end a call, nothing happens - if the other person hangs up, I'm fine, but if I make a call and get a voicemail, I have to quickly reboot my phone since my red "End Call" button does nothing... tapping it like a madman has no effect - the screen shows the button being pressed visually, so it doesn't seem to be a phantom screen lock issue.

I did fiddle with the modem/radio updates, since I am overseas with the phone to get it to work with an unlocked SIM - everything on the phone works fantastic - just the damn "End Call" button which is kind of important...

Using a different ROM and going back to a Stock restore has no effect, so it leads me to believe it's a modem/radio/baseband issue or something.

Details:

Thanks!

Can you receive calls. I have a similar problem, only I can not end calls or receive calls because I'm not a on stock rom. I'm on unlocked sph-l720 on AT&T. If i revert to stock it works fine, but when I flash a rom, any rom, i can't receive or end calls. Curious what the problem might be, on the latest radio firmware. Curenttly on SOKP 4.4.4, but like I said, any rom will do the same thing unless it is stock.

pontif

Apr 5, 2013
Raleigh

Details:

Thanks!

Have you used the call setting for answering/ending calls and use power button to end call? Never had the issue just offering a temp fix

SBZ123

Nov 5, 2009
Problems with all cyanogenmod and SOKP roms

Have you used the call setting for answering/ending calls and use power button to end call? Never had the issue just offering a temp fix

I have tried several versions of these roms and whenever I have tried them - i experienced the exact problems that you are describing. Only on stock based roms, for example acheron's super S4 rom, have I had any success.
It's a software issue.
I am wondering though, as not everyone seems to have this problem, if it is a "missing modem" issue. I have read in other threads that the modems have to be flashed successively. Perhaps by re-installing the modems properly it would fix the problem.:p

coolau

Mar 23, 2013
same problem, no fix

I have 2 s4 L720 and flashed with Miui 4.9.19 on both phone and both phone has similar problem, can't hang up call, everything else seen to work, haven't fully tested since I can't even use the rom without hanging up call function. Tried to flash back to stock and it go back to normal. Please if anyone has a solution, please post it. I tried it on NG2 and NAE modem, both give the same result. Both phone are sprint and unlocked to use on GSM T-mobile.

Last edited:

FahrenGrade

Feb 9, 2014
St. Louis
Can you receive calls. I have a similar problem, only I can not end calls or receive calls because I'm not a on stock rom. I'm on unlocked sph-l720 on AT&T. If i revert to stock it works fine, but when I flash a rom, any rom, i can't receive or end calls. Curious what the problem might be, on the latest radio firmware. Curenttly on SOKP 4.4.4, but like I said, any rom will do the same thing unless it is stock.

Have you found a fix?