If you received your G3, share your impressions here

Search This thread

nathan575

Sep 21, 2014
Columbus
I got my LG G3 through T-mobile and am very happy with it. I will probably like it even better when a stable Cyanogenmod build comes out (developers are working on the alpha). People said it's lightning fast. But even on the stock ROM the G3 is still really great.

Angus66

Sep 4, 2012
I'm really liking the G3 so far. It's fast, light and the 5.5" screen is very nice. My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a great (but small - 4.65") AMOLED screen. The G3 is similar in size/weight to the Nexus and I like the curved back (even though it's a little slippery). Knock on/Knock off seemed like a silly feature until I actually started using it - now it's one of my favorite things about the phone.

I liked it so much that I bought a white one for my wife as well - the $50 upgrade deal on Amazon was just too good to pass up. The free battery/charger from LG for both phones was just icing on the cake. :cool:

Only thing I don't like is the amount of Verizon/LG bloatware, most of which I quickly uninstalled or disabled.

vicryl

Feb 27, 2013
celluar singal strenght lockon.

I have problems 'cause it is 2dBm worse then my M7. In my case G3 drops connection to celluar network quite often. Which is annoying my old wildfire(yeah it works)and M7 have 2dBm better cellular signal strenght compared to G3, and don't drop connection. Test done in the same spot and position. I have 2 bars on M7 and wildfire, G3 manages only one bar and drops connection every 2-3 h for 20-30 minutes,sometimes it just drops and reconects like crazy :crying:. Can't make phone calls during this crayzines.

digitaldroid

Sep 4, 2010
Its been a week now and I love my att LG G3, this is my first LG phone and its great. Very first thing I did was root using towelroot, very easy to do within a minute it was done. Removed some apps I did not want and installed a few modules, I also got hotspot feature working now. Battery life is great no complaints I use 2x battery app, saves battery so mobile data is not running constantly like when its in your pocket or bag. Normally when Im at work its sitting on my desk charged anyway and im not really a heavy user. With phone rooted and xposed app to install modules really no reason to install custom rom anymore so im not worried at all about having a locked bootloader. I also noticed this has so much less bloatware then my S4 and even older S2 did those phones were just loaded with bloatware. Of course I still see bloatware in my LG but again much less then before with the S4. Overall I'm really impressed with it.

Gugus38

Oct 10, 2010
2 days, and i am returning it.
Lags can be fixed but still it is unacceptable.
HORRIBLE LG crapware (why waste time coding such laggy and annoying apps??? )
Problem with data network on chrome? (unresolved websites whereas working on sotck browser...)
Ridiculous sharpening on screen which ruins 50% of the resolution benefit (seriously, some people at LG must be drunk while implementing such things)
Locked bootloader

I regret seelling my nexus 5 for this, will just wait for the new nexus for now :s

Gugus38

Oct 10, 2010
I guess coming from nexus 4, 7 and 5 i forgot how were the non-nexus phones... :(
When you learn to be picky about details and require your phone to be EXACTLY how you want it to be, i think there is no other way than the Nexus way ;)

jason27131

Dec 10, 2011
Came from a galaxy S5 to this. Got it yesterday actually, the battery seems ok for now. Love the minimal bezels. Phone is just as fast if not faster than my S5 was, and the camera doesn't suck in low light anymore. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

Reactions: sweets55

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
Problem with data network on chrome? (unresolved websites whereas working on sotck browser...)
Ridiculous sharpening on screen which ruins 50% of the resolution benefit (seriously, some people at LG must be drunk while implementing such things)
Locked bootloader

I regret seelling my nexus 5 for this, will just wait for the new nexus for now :s

Did you not look at the phone before hand? Also the LG stuff can be removed after rooting, which you would be doing I assume as you complain about the locked boot loader.

Sometimes I think that people that buy phones without looking at them properly must be drunk when doing so.

Gugus38

Oct 10, 2010
I removed everything I could but I just cant stand not having stock android I didnt know it would be that bad.

Moreover, the performance is just not up to par with my nexus 5, the screen is beautiful but AGAIN LG screwed up by adding some stupid ass sharpening...
Beautiful phone, very nice hardware but horrible software.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I like the feel of the G3, the size of the screen/phone is perfect, and the bezels alone make it look sexy. Hehe. The G3 is one of the best looking phone of the year. Imo. Oh and that G3 camera is very good. I really don't have any issues with the phone.

Last edited:

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've tried both and the SGS5 is faster and more fluid.

I wanted to buy one ... I've been trying the LG G3 (16MB) in the shop today (stock software).

It is not as fast as I had expected and the UI has lags.

My S4 with stock android (google play edition) feels faster than the LG G3.

They did not have 32MB in the shop; so I'll wait until I can get my hands on that model to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnRM

vahidking75

Nov 23, 2014
Guys this is my honest opinion about this Device:
after alot of research, i choosed LG G3's Phone over GS5 And Note 3, and last week i bought this 32/3 GB version D855 international. Like alot of people out there i was really confused and abit anxious about this phone because all the benchmarks out there and ppl talking about Lags. so here is my answer to some issue people talking about:
Lag Issue: first when i got the phone,software was 10g and i felt that lag ppl were talking about but that wasn't really hurting my experience, but after i updated the phone to 10L, it was gone completely for me.
Over Sharpening: i really never ever notice this one.
Benchmark: i ran Antutu almost every day in this past week, well now i believe that benchmarks are just Crap ( or maybe i dunno how to use this apps properly) in Day 1 i got 40426, Day 2: 29794, Day 3: 34002, Day 4: 39914, Day 5: 26271(!?), Day 6: 41095 ... things are crap guys :|
Headset jackpot: Mine is not Cracked yet :D
Signals: My Signal is Maxed-out.
Heat: This thing is true, it heat but it will not get HOT just Warm. and mostly happen when you charging or setting brightness High.

and guys, i run any games without any problem. only issue i have is that two of my CPU cores are sleep when i check them with CPU-Z, sometimes they wake up(is it the right word for work here ? :D ) for around 3-4 sec then sleep.

badelemental

Jan 4, 2011
Bangalore
I wanted to buy one ... I've been trying the LG G3 (16MB) in the shop today (stock software).

It is not as fast as I had expected and the UI has lags.

My S4 with stock android (google play edition) feels faster than the LG G3.

They did not have 32MB in the shop; so I'll wait until I can get my hands on that model to try.
16MB and 32MB... Bro it's GB :p

Sent from my Note 4 (910G)

Opus Dei

May 8, 2011
Belgrade
Locked bootloader

I really don't understand you at all. I don't have any of those problems. LG G3 is really beat phone that I ever have. Previously I have 4s iPhone, HTC ONE X, Samsung S5....You can considered to replaced it for new one, because obviously you by something that isn't good from beginning.

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
I really don't understand you at all. I don't have any of those problems. LG G3 is really beat phone that I ever have. Previously I have 4s iPhone, HTC ONE X, Samsung S5....You can considered to replaced it for new one, because obviously you by something that isn't good from beginning.

Actually i know where he's coming from, i had a nexus 5 too for over a year. The fact is that the G3 is nowhere as fluid as the nexus 5.
G3 performs better on lollipop, less stutters than it does on kitkat (from my experience with my device), but those little hick ups and microlags every now and then are still visible.

Also over-sharpening is a well known issue on this device (i notice it mostly on grey background).

In my case, i am ok with the little stutters in favor of the added functionality of the software and some of the options LG threw in. I dislike all the workarounds needed to get root access, something that's never a problem on a nexus.
In case of the fellow forumer you quoted, he's not OK with it, and it's his right.

Reactions: JohnRM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a South Korea version of 3GB ram.

I'm not good at English
    So I will summary for you by using 3 point.

1. QHD is overspec.
    Almost Koreans think so too.
    G3 has animation framedrop when window is changed than G2 (I have used G2)
    But it is not serious for use.

2. Good Design
    Almost Korean has same mind.
    In my think, Design forgives all problem.
    Ecstatic.

3. High Temperature
    the cause is QHD. SD801 is want.
    Power button is heated. Oh my Summer......

Nevertheless, launching sale record or populor of G3 is more hot than SGS5 in Korea.
    I think it seems like victory of design.
    (GS5 is called skin pore in Korea.)

Although There is a reason like Very cheap price for launching sale. (Limited period. But sgs5 has also sale at the same time)
    I'm also a Korean user of G3, but wanted to share a different info about G3.

In South Korea, LG actually spread the G3 almost near $100 and 50K ppl actually bought this phone only after the launch, which was at May 28.
    After that, lots of people talked about its' spec and negative stuffs.

1. QHD display.
    Some people(but many) said QHD is overspec. Lg setted the sharpening too high that letters were too sharpy. But, seeing the websites in PC version was amazing. Also, people said some have 'yellowish' displays. Well, most phones were to blueish and the color temp was too high, and people are thinking that this was the normal value, but, our monitors in PCs' color temperture is the same as G3, and people are seeing the yellowish colors. However, there are people who have a more yellowish displays.

2. Battery
    3K mAh battery was a big battery, however, playing a movie stimuneously, ran 8 hours of battery life. However, light users usually uses for 24 hours or more. Playing movies or games will dramatically decrease battery life. QHD display consumes lots of battery life.

3. Temperature
    Few people experiences high temperature on just internet surfing.

4. Design
    G3 is the best design ever and Gold is the best :)

5. Camera
    DSLR uses 300 ppi to take a picture, but G3 uses 72 ppi, which compresses the pixels. Seeing in normal or zoom-out view is pretty, but you'll see compressed pixels when you zoom in.

- Overall(in my view)
    Now, I want to say about what I felt about G3. The design is very pretty. The size of the phone is same as Note 2. The grap of the phone is better than Note 2. Gold is pretty, and Black is also pretty, but if you want to have some cases on your G3, white is the winner, cuz black and gold have very few options to wear some cases.
    My display have no yellowish colors, no vertical lines, decent temperature, long battery life. I think I got the normal one. I am very happy to get G3 and I'm satisfied that I have no deflects on my phone as others have a lot. Happy Happy~
    LG G3 F400S White

Just picked up the korean version of the phone in hong kong. i've used it for about 8 hours now since i've purchased it so i'm not too familiar with the phone yet. but here are my initial thoughts

Display/UI: the 1440p display is really sharp, colours are vivid. the UI is simple yet pleases the eye. This is my first time using a LG android device, but their UI do take some time to get used to so can't really comment on that. I haven't experienced any lags what-so-ever and apps seem to run as smooth as butter on this device. Watched the 2k videos provided by LG and I was very pleased with the display. Putting it beside my Xperia Z, i can notice that the images are indeed sharper.

connection: 4G was strong on my F400/S variant. I got a connection once i booted it up and only auto-switched to 3G a couple of times when I entered and exited elevators. Calls were clear on both ends.

Battery/Heat: i've read from previous members posting about battery issues but thankfully, I can claim that mine is working really well. i'm still on my first battery, which came charged at around 40% (picked up the phone at 5pm). i played with the phone on my way home (dropped to 36% in 30 min of use) and plugged it in for around 30 minutes before i headed back out again (40 something%). it's now almost 2am in hong kong and after 7 hours or so i still have 10% remaining from a 45%~ battery. During the time i was out, i kept bringing the phone out to show my friends and the phone was under heavy use. so i can say the battery is quite impressive.

On the temperature related topic. i haven not experienced any heating up with the phone on regular use. so far i've only used whatsapp most of the time, watched a few short 2k clips, used the camera for a bit, and downloaded a couple of apps from the play store.

Camera:The camera is really snappy. it focused on objects very quickly and photos came out nicely even under less than average lighting. Taking selfies was quite fun with the hand gesture but i'm guessing that will wear out over time. I've yet to fully utilize the rest of the camera so no further comments.

Size/how it feels in the hand: the phone is amazingly small for a 5.5 inch display. Its just a tiny bit taller and wider than my Xperia Z. The phone feels lighter and easier to hold at 149g than my Z that weights 146g. i'm guessing the overall design and the curved back has a lot to do with this. The back buttons however are a little hard to press. its hard for me to feel exactly where the power button and volume up down keys are. May be because this is my first LG that has the back button design.

Hope this helps some of you guys in deciding whether or not this is the phone for you or if this is have delivered what LG has promised. i'll post some updates after a few days of usage.
    I received my G3 (32GB, gold) on friday from digitec, switzerland.
    During the last two days I was able to test the hell out of my G3. In summary, I am very satisfied.

Below I would like to give a little respond to the questions above and share my experiences.

Display
    Although it seems apparently not as bright as other Android is the part for this size simply bright!
    Those who find something to complain about here, criticizes on a very very high level.

The resolution is also a stunner, first you have to get used to it, it looks almost too sharp :D.
    If here are some more apps to follow with the support of qHD it will be hard to top the display in the this field.
    Despite the many pixels on my G3 no pixel errors exist, so far ...

The colors are top in my eyes, the colors are still real and not exaggerated saturated.
    White is also very pleasant to look at, I would compare it to the color of heat with my iMac 27 ', so what is already very good.

Attached you will find a comparison with my old G2, I like the warmth color of the G3 more!
    attachment.php

Hardware
    In short, also very satisfactory. No lag, great camera and the battery will show its potential in the next few days.

The processing of the G3 compared to G2 really is phenomenal. The G2 could each easily push in the back, the new G3 everything is now so firmly built that the back can not be push in.

Battery
    Although it may be a bit early yet, I now needed to charge the battery once.
    From the packaging it came with a load of almost 60%, after the establishment with all apps, data, and e-mail accounts, the battery was after 2 hours of screen-on and warm hardware at nearly 30%.

On Friday night I needed to charge the G3, yesterday I used it the whole day.

I attached you a couple of screenshots, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and mobile networks (4G/3G/2G) always active. Display to 100%, with the auto function.
    A lot of Facebook, WhatsApp, Feedly and Gmail.

Software
    So far I am thrilled, with the G2 I have used the Nova Launcher, but currently I seed no need to change the launcher.
    I hope we will receive "Beautiful Icon Styler" support for our G3.

The software runs roughly speaking quite fluently, the camera opens quickly, animations are clean and smooth. Overall the new interface looks much more mature.

In the Notification-center you can now hide the volume and brightness controls without any mods. Thats how it should be!

Only I was allowed to experience a total crash twice, once after switching off and immediately re-activate with Knock-code and the second times when shooting a picture, pushed the back button, and finally Power button. After 2 min again tried to throw and display was dead, even long press the power button did not return the gold piece. Only the take out the battery brought remedy and the G3 started clean again.

There hopefully will be an update from LG ...

For those who are undecided with the color, I've also attached a few more pictures, as a comparison with a white sheet of paper. The gold is very mature and certainly not too intrusive. I was skeptical at the pre-order, but now I must say I really love the golden, looks really great :good:
    I just got a g3 in Korea and mine does not lag at all. Zero. As for the screen, it is gorgeous to look at but I would not have minded lg sticking with 1080p. It would have ran a little cooler and have had multiple benefits.

Battery life is acceptable. Is it the best battery life I ever experienced? No. Is it the worse? Not by a long shot. I have been off the charger for 6 hrs and I'm still running at 72 percent. I'm a pretty heavy user since I trade stocks every minute And take awesome selfies. I'm just kidding about the selfies.

The keyboard by the way is impressive. I haven't even bothered to download the stock Google keyboard. I don't think I will. I never liked how the Korean keyboard worked on Google's own anyway.

Gaming is really a treat too. I have a feeling it switches to 1080p but I'm not too positive on that. Camera laser focus is nice if you are the type who looks for quick zooming capabilities and like to shoot at low light.

Anyways this phone is a knocker. No pun intended. I hope you guys will enjoy it once it arrives in your area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app