Jul 22, 2007
Germany
OMG guys! It worked but a little bit different :D

I folowed the instructions on the blog but:

-I shut down zune
-Turned off the phone and connected it (while off) to the pc
-phone starts on itself
-then I went to settings and turned the flight mode ON
As soon as I did it Zune started searching for updates and found NODO... so I didnt even have to fiddle with the proxy stuff...

I dont know what happened but maybe it has something to do with the mobile network? Try to turn the flight mode on...

ps: phone is unbranded (nov rom) omnia from tmobile with prenodo.

lordao

Nov 12, 2005
No go on Orange for me using your IP tunneller it cant connect to update server, as soon as I turn it off tells me I have 7008 and no updates. So Zune for me cannot connect via the USAIP probably a port block issue.

Lordao

P.S if I turn flight mode off it connects but no update, if i turn flight mode on again i get the cant connect error. So it is SIM based, gonna try it without a SIM in.

P.P.S No SIM and Flight Mode connects but no Update, for sure a SIM issue. Going to try a T-Mobile SIM i have lying around.

P.P.P.S Tried Voda, T-Mobile and O2 sim nada, no updates and cant connect on flight mode.

Last edited:

dawnrazr

Mar 22, 2011
Liverpool
OMG guys! It worked but a little bit different :D

I folowed the instructions on the blog but:

-I shut down zune
-Turned off the phone and connected it (while off) to the pc
-phone starts on itself
-then I went to settings and turned the flight mode ON
As soon as I did it Zune started searching for updates and found NODO... so I didnt even have to fiddle with the proxy stuff...

I dont know what happened but maybe it has something to do with the mobile network? Try to turn the flight mode on...

ps: phone is unbranded (nov rom) omnia from tmobile with prenodo.

Well glad I helped someone! :)

BIG-Stan

Jul 22, 2007
Germany
Well sure, it could be a coincidence :)
But I tried to update the normal way a sec. before doing the method on the blog and it didnt work...
So it might be that MS pushed the update to my phone about 2 minutes later or it might have something to do with the flight mode...

xsiriusx

Sep 1, 2007
Work work work

So guys I did telephone H3G branded; unbrandized with rom I8700DBTJK1 ... SIM H3G Italy received pre-node update here ... I tell you how I did it

-PPTP-connected to EUROIP Hungary
-Telephone access and no-off "as the guide
-Zune-opened and updated
-Located in the menu updates zune phone
-Connect your phone starts searching for the update after about 4 seconds off the data network

I advise not to go into airplane mode to disable the data network but ... if you turn off the data network before trying the update will appear error zune

in this way, I called the update was released in March of this update when you are upgrading your phone just updated post a screenshot

Sorry for my English I hope it was clear :D

Last edited:
Reactions: yfbc and Kostija

xsiriusx

Sep 1, 2007
So guys I did telefonto H3G branded; unbrandized with rom I8700DBTJK1 ... SIM H3G Italy received pre-node update here ... I tell you how I did it

-Zune-opened and updated
-Connect your phone starts searching for the update after about 4 seconds off the data network

I advise not to go into airplane mode to disable the data network but ... if you turn off the data network before trying the update will appear error zune

in this way, I called the update was released in March of this update when you are upgrading your phone just updated post a screenshot

update finish
immaginegc.jpg

Spero possa essere di aiuto

Bonebreaker

Nov 21, 2008
twitter.com
So guys I did telefonto H3G branded; unbrandized with rom I8700DBTJK1 ... SIM H3G Italy received pre-node update here ... I tell you how I did it

-Zune-opened and updated

Tried all day! This worked!!!!! Reproducable steps to come!!

xsiriusx

Sep 1, 2007
Here now the steps that worked for me (I'm from Germany so I hope you all understand ;-)):

1. Download usaip.eu/en/USAIP.pbk open it and connect to EUROIP PPTP Hungary
with
USERNAME: demo
PASSWORD: demo

and connect your phone to the PC

2. Disable WLAN in your phone but be shure to have FLIGHT MODE off

3. Start Zune and keep it running all the time

4. Switch to your carrier settings on the phone

5. Manually search for an update within Zune

Important step 6.:
After a few seconds (about 10-15 seconds for me) disable data transfer on the already opened settings tab on your phone

--> The update shows up!

If it doesn't work (cognizable by the fact that you get a time out error) retry steps 5 and 6 vary the time until you manually disable data transfer! (step 6)

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!

ulub81

actually post is a bit like my proposal ... I guess you just disable the precise point where the network data!

G

GuestK00306

Here now the steps that worked for me (I'm from Germany so I hope you all understand ;-)):

1. Download usaip.eu/en/USAIP.pbk open it and connect to EUROIP PPTP Hungary
with
USERNAME: demo
PASSWORD: demo

and connect your phone to the PC

2. Disable WLAN in your phone but be shure to have FLIGHT MODE off

3. Start Zune and keep it running all the time

4. Switch to your carrier settings on the phone

5. Manually search for an update within Zune

Important step 6.:
After a few seconds (about 10-15 seconds for me) disable data transfer on the already opened settings tab on your phone

--> The update shows up!

If it doesn't work (cognizable by the fact that you get a time out error) retry steps 5 and 6 and vary the time until you manually disable data transfer! (step 6)

Hope that helps!

Best Regards!

ulub81

Well whadya know :) I did this and sure enough up popped the March 2011 update!

I counted to 15 and (wearing headphones at the time) heard interference - I switched off my data connection & am updating my XENJK1-flashed Omnia as I type...

I have to apologise to OP for doubting :)

edit: Also, when my Zune said "Step 2 of 10: Downloading Update..." it got stuck at 0%. I disconnected the PPTP VPN and it finished off OK.

Last edited:

Halle

Feb 1, 2010
Stockholm
No matter how few or many seconds I wait, as soon as I turn the data transfer off, I get the server error in Zune.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to my blogsite at http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/2011/03/samsung-omnia-7-nodo-update.html

follow all the steps and you will have NODO Update! :)

PLEASE NOTE: THIS WAS MY IDEA!!! AND IT WORKS, OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ADDED TO IT
    BUT MY STEPS WORKED 100% FOR ME.

ENJOY :)

please donate if you think I helped you :)
    THANX
    To streamline the discussion I have moved the NoDo Update Guide to the device-independent thread:

"Force NoDo" (March 2011) WP7 Update Guide

Please further discuss all there as it is bigger and already a sticky!

Best Regards,
    Bonebreaker (aka ulub81) :)
    I got this from MobileTechWorld:

"OK, USAIP.pbk wouldn't open, so I put it in %SystemRoot%\System32\Ras. Than I ran %SystemRoot%\System32\rasphone.exe."

Well you should have got it from my blogsite "MobileTechWorld" copied it from me! guys If I helped you PLEASE SAY THANX! THIS WAS MY IDEA!
    and any donations would be welcome! even $1 :)
    I see this has had over 9000 views today but I have been thanked 7 times :(

dawnrazrblade
    http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/
    Work work work

So guys I did telephone H3G branded; unbrandized with rom I8700DBTJK1 ... SIM H3G Italy received pre-node update here ... I tell you how I did it

-Zune-opened and updated

Guys! glad I helped you all with the NODO UPDATE! :) I have another trick for English speaking people outside the United States go to my Blog
    http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/

dawnrazrblade