Your favorite rom, kernel and settings

Search This thread

lowtje

Jul 30, 2008
Hi guys! Lot's of threads are about "the best rom" or "best kernel and battery life" but there is no best rom or kernel. Everyone has his own taste :) Please share your favorite rom&kernel + your settings. and offcourse share your experience with performance and battery life :cowboy:

I'm currently trying out a few roms and will get back when I see some good replies here!

madd0g

May 8, 2010
I'm on stock 4.1.2 image with stockish custom kernel from _thalamus and it's great compared to 4.1.1. Chrome runs at same speed as stock Browser now and memory management got alot better.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

aladin6

Mar 7, 2009
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I'm on stock 4.1.2 image with stockish custom kernel from _thalamus and it's great compared to 4.1.1. Chrome runs at same speed as stock Browser now and memory management got alot better.

One problem with stock ROMs: features limited, otherwise, they are great in terms of stability.
For me, i'm balancing between codenameandroid and MIUI(miui.us versions).

madd0g

May 8, 2010
One problem with stock ROMs: features limited, otherwise, they are great in terms of stability.
For me, i'm balancing between codenameandroid and MIUI(miui.us versions).

Was using CNA before for 2 months, but always thought that stock is more smoother. Don't mind that much for features and got fed up with constant updating.

lowtje

Jul 30, 2008
I used stock non rooted for some time and I liked the smoothness. The thing I missed was BLN and some other options. Also the battery life with moderate use is less good then some custom roms. Now flashing strawberry rom =)

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
I'm rocking CM10 w/ Marmite right now since they merged in 4.1.2 asap.. As soon as AOKP Build #5 is released I'm jumping back on the Unicorn saddle w/ Marmite though.. Love me some unicorns!

klinker

Oct 11, 2011
Koper
Rasbeanjelly + Trinity t11
Smooth, stable & 2 days of battery duration

On the road with my NexusS...

mdean1981

Dec 20, 2010
In The Middle Of A Cornfield
Hi guys! Lot's of threads are about "the best rom" or "best kernel and battery life" but there is no best rom or kernel. Everyone has his own taste :) Please share your favorite rom&kernel + your settings. and offcourse share your experience with performance and battery life :cowboy:

I'm currently trying out a few roms and will get back when I see some good replies here!

Not to mention there is dozens of this same thread you started. Infact I found 3 in this 1 section. :)

rjones9902

Jul 24, 2010
I'm going to try that as i too have rasbean jelly 10/10 build on my ns4g w/ marmite kernel 4.8.7. This combo plays very nice as well. I've had no reboots and the battery life gets me to about 24 - 32 hours of life. Going to see if i can actually beat that with Trinity kernel.

lowtje

Jul 30, 2008
What are good kernel settings for marmite to get good battery life?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

rjones9902

Jul 24, 2010

Well for the 4.8.7 version, the scheduler is CFQ and i use On Demand 200min/ 1000max. I use NS Tools to put the On Demand Sampling rate at 120000 to save battery. This works for me.

Reactions: doc_v15

das_webos_transformer

Feb 3, 2012
I'm running cm10 m2 with marmite. So far so good. I'm on smartass max 1200. Very smooth

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

jabbeboy

Dec 26, 2010
Rasbeanjelly + Trinity t11
Smooth, stable & 2 days of battery duration

On the road with my NexusS...

How can you use rasbean jelly on the nexus s 3g? I thought it only was for the nexus s 4G version?

Oh one more thing, what does that mean if i change the on demand sampling rate from 40000 to 120000?

lowtje

Jul 30, 2008
I'm on The Strawberry rom now. Running very very smooth and I like the battery life aleeady after one day of use. This rom is based on the rasbean source!

Nexus-S

Feb 14, 2011
CM9.1.0 with default kernel and settings.

It may 'only' be ICS, but it runs better than any JB rom/kernel combo that I've tried on my phone to date.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well for the 4.8.7 version, the scheduler is CFQ and i use On Demand 200min/ 1000max. I use NS Tools to put the On Demand Sampling rate at 120000 to save battery. This works for me.