[ROM] 4.4.2 | HellKat | SGH-I757M [celoxhd] [03-01-14]

Search This thread

CelticRT

Mar 28, 2014
So i can never download an icon an apply it?

I would like to help, but I'm not sure where to start. I can't comment on the icons, but in regards to the bootloop, this can usually be fixed by booting into recovery and doing Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik cache.

For installing apk's, are you installing then from the market or from your sdcard? If installing from your sdcard, you need to enable install from unknown sources in Settings -> Security. Then you can install those apk's.

For the OK Google, that is part of the Google experience launcher and may have been swapped out in the latest build with a stock launcher. I think you can download the Google experience launcher from the market if you want to use that ;)

Sent from my SGH-I757M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What I Just want to know if you could fix the icon problem I'm your latest build. I don't want to get a launcher for applying icons. I was wondering if you can add a setting to apply icons.

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
What I Just want to know if you could fix the icon problem I'm your latest build. I don't want to get a launcher for applying icons. I was wondering if you can add a setting to apply icons.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not a bug, but rather by design. I don't think hk was intended to be tenable since they implement their own red theme. I'll have a look at the source to confirm this.

CelticRT

Mar 28, 2014
One Last Thing...

If I'm not mistaken, it's not a bug, but rather by design. I don't think hk was intended to be tenable since they implement their own red theme. I'll have a look at the source to confirm this.

Its ok. I THINK I COULD SURVIVE IT !! What I just need to know there's no battery icon when I charge it powered off. I don't know why but its either a design bug but I highly doubt it. No battery charging icon when I charge the phone powered off. It automatically boots by itself

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
I am sorry about any bugs.... Etc. I currently do not have my rig for ROM compiling. This is the last cm based hellkat and I'll make a new build as soon as I can. I am glad you're enjoying the ROM.

Are you using an OEM Samsung charger?

Sent from my SGH-I757M using xda app-developers app

CelticRT

Mar 28, 2014
About the bug of charger icon

I am using the same wall charger but a different usb due to the fact of poor quality of samsung chargers, therefore any charger has always work for me but had different speeds. When my phone is powered off and I charge it, there is still a charging icon while in your rom, it is forced to start booting. I am not sure if CM 11 have the same bugs and also whenever my phone is sleeping and I press my power icon, it reboots itself and I'm not sure why. It happens occasionally but it is starting to be frequent. Hopefully these bugs will be fix soon by your next build! Thanks for your time and cooperation :laugh: :good:

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
I am using the same wall charger but a different usb due to the fact of poor quality of samsung chargers, therefore any charger has always work for me but had different speeds. When my phone is powered off and I charge it, there is still a charging icon while in your rom, it is forced to start booting. I am not sure if CM 11 have the same bugs and also whenever my phone is sleeping and I press my power icon, it reboots itself and I'm not sure why. It happens occasionally but it is starting to be frequent. Hopefully these bugs will be fix soon by your next build! Thanks for your time and cooperation :laugh: :good:

The important part of the charged is the part with the USB port that plugs into the wall. Was this changed?

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
Its ok. I THINK I COULD SURVIVE IT !! What I just need to know there's no battery icon when I charge it powered off. I don't know why but its either a design bug but I highly doubt it. No battery charging icon when I charge the phone powered off. It automatically boots by itself

If the usb cord you are using is only a power cord, then it makes sense. the phone will force boot up when using a power only usb cord. If using a data/power usb cable then it should charge while the phone is offline and you should see the charging icon.

I don't understand why it works this way, but I know that It does work this way as I've tested both types of cables ;)

CelticRT

Mar 28, 2014
I'm using them both. What I'm just saying is I replace my original USB cord because it was broken. So I have the adapter and replace USB chord

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
I don't run this ROM right now. You could almost call it abandoned. My goal was to make a custom kernel for this phone and I've achieved that. Which was mostly accredited to previous and current work of contributors listed of course.
The code was already written. I just had to make it work for our phone. You can now easily bake a custom kernel into any ROM of your choice.

My development rig is down for the time being so I'm also unable to build anything new. I'm really new and really a hobbyist to this, so sometimes I may even share the same questions as yourself.

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
Thank you.

When im up and running again and if the hellkat team is ready, I'll try to get you a new hellkat based on slimbean. :) I did enjoy this rom too.

Last edited:

titanic_fanatic

Sep 21, 2012
Calgary
Just wanted to test this ROM but I don't just know how good it will be,it trust cm more than any other ROM..

Unfortunately @rukusx7 has moved on to a new device and has left me with his old device for development.

I'll take a peek at the latest hellkat code and will probably build one final hellkat rom for him. Unless he still really wants to do that on his own.

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
Unfortunately @rukusx7 has moved on to a new device and has left me with his old device for development.

I'll take a peek at the latest hellkat code and will probably build one final hellkat rom for him. Unless he still really wants to do that on his own.

I would appreciate that titanic_fanatic :)

Sent from my One.....mmmm... bacon.

Reactions: titanic_fanatic

bevertin99

Sep 1, 2015
You want to test this ROM out for me @iDynamics? I dont know what gapps are compatible with 100MB cache. the art-compatible ones I provided or the art-compatible lite gapps.
will the unofficial CM12 that you'd posted work with the samsung galaxy s2 HD LTE I757M since u posted tht rom on a s2 HD LTE page? also if not, when will you be developing android L for the s2 I757M version?

bijon440

Jan 12, 2012
Brantford
I don't think there's anymore development happening for this device. But if anyone wants a spare i757m to toy with I'll ship mine anywhere in Canada for free. I've since moved onto an s5 klte sobi have no more use for this device.

RukusX7

Jan 11, 2011
Red Deer
Google Pixel 4a
The rom in my signature is for the Moto g 2014.

Its just not worth banging our heads on the table to develop a rom for this outdated device. Especially with the price of the Moto G 2014, an excellent upgrade to the S2 HD LTE. I bought an unlocked one on ebay for $175 usd a year ago.

Consider this thread closed.

bevertin99

Sep 1, 2015
I use this phone as a secondary phone but I have a question, is porting a ROM from a similar device to this phone easy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tHd81ICfiDeQWN3LZUMZG1EtRqEMzKDt_PZ1-M50ZuE=w201-h336-p-no
    qHr-qdfRnhqiaRzWRczL0FkpzkyLEG7Fx60jYaVAFtA=w203-h336-p-no

SuJlvMMjCRTZRDy4RNOMkVwkHGWfaw3bQzyF1JUZJpo=w203-h336-p-no
    8d2GJiFG8sU7Vd-NKsEryecK7PMtWyL8WWIXVTB3uD4=w203-h336-p-no

Team HellKat Proudly Presents

HELLKAT for the Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE SGH-I757M (celoxhd)!!!!

HellKat is CM11 based with a completely redone beautiful Holo Red theme. You'll probably notice a difference between HellKat and CM nightlies (or the virgin AOSP builds) due to the LINARO 4.8 toolchain we use to compile the ROMs. HellKat was first created by DerTeufel during Jellybean and was called Hellybean. We now support several devices and with a new build server we will be able to bring this beautiful ROM to even more devices. If you have another device supported by CM you more than likely can build HellKat for your other device. We have a nice build script so that the hardest part of building HellKat is setting up Ubuntu and an Android developing environement. Checkout our sources at https://github.com/Hellybean/android

Here is a quick list of our differences from CM:
    - RED THEMED!!!
    - AWESOME RED DEVIL DROID WALLPAPER!!!
    - Init.d Tweaker built into the settings menu
    - LCD Density Changer built into settings
    - Option to add date to status bar (Thanks Slim)
    - DARK System UI (Thanks Slim)
    - Build.prop injector
    - Transparency options for notification drawer
    - Force High End Gfx (Thanks SGT7)
    - Transparency option and Blur for Lockscreen (Thanks PA)
    - List View Animations
    - Large recents, recents color, dual pane prefs options (Thanks SGT7)
    - Options to disable bootanimation and wallpaper
    - Lockscreen ring battery
    - Dual Panel settings
    - CM Screen Security settings
    - Ability to change tile colors and transparency
    - NavBar Dimensions
    - Movable Sizable Halo windows
    - swipe anywhere on notification panel to switch views
    - BatteryBar
    - Quick Tiles Flip animation
    - Quick Tiles allow 3,4,5 tiles in pulldown
    - Ability to change notification drawer background
    - notification transparency
    - Launch floating notifications from notification panel (long click)
    - Ram Bar in Recents
    - App Side Bar Chamelion OS
    - App Side Bar Floating Window
    - Recent Apps Floating Window
    - TeloRadio from telo46
    - Flip to Mute/Reject Call
    - Open source google dialer
    - Movable Clear All Button in Recents
    - ScreenRecorder
    - HALO)))
    - HellKat Kernel
    - More to come!!!

Things to expect in the future (because we had them in Hellybean)

- PIE (Color option included)
    - Active Display
    - and we'll probably grab more things as we go! :D

Please keep this thread on topic, and treat each other with respect.

Just like the CM team.
    "Your warranty is now void. We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Collectively, and at the same time."

Bugs
    Same as CM?

Installation instructions
    1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery, You must use latest PhilZ Touch
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
    4. Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.
    9. Enjoy HellKat

Downloads

Latest Philz CWM
    [celoxhd][SGH-I757M][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

ALL ROMS ARE FOUND ON MY ANDROID FILE HOST
    celoxhd

GApps
    gapps-kk-20131111-artcompatible.zip
    Please no mirrors.

Changelogs
    CM Change Log

Release - 14.03.01
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.02.23
    + CM Merge
    + Clock font options

Release - 14.02.16
    + CM Merge
    + Movable Clear All Button in Recents
    + Fixed Halo System-ui FC
    + HALO update port from vanir rom
    + Launch floating notifications from notification panel (long click)
    + floating window improvements

Release - 14.02.15
    + CM Merge
    + Flip to Mute/Reject Call
    + Open source google dialer and more

Release - 14.02.09
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.02.02
    + CM Merge
    + Quick Tiles allow 3,4,5 tiles in pulldown
    + Can change notification drawer background
    + notification transparency
    + fixed a few bugs I hope.

Release - 14.01.31
    + CM Merge
    + TeloRadio from telo46

Release - 14.01.30
    + CM Merge
    + Ram Bar in Recents
    + App Side Bar Chamelion OS
    + App Side Bar Floating Window
    + Recent Apps Floating Window
    + Quick Tiles Flip animation
    + Quick Tile Smaller Icons option

Release - 14.01.27
    + CM Merge
    + BatteryBar
    + swipe anywhere on notification panel to switch views

Release - 14.01.25
    + CM Merge
    + Movable Sizable Halo windows

Release - 14.01.23
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.01.21
    + CM Merge
    + NavBar Dimensions

Release - 14.01.19
    + CM Merge
    + Blurred Transparent Lockscreen
    + Screen Recorder fixed
    + More

Release - 14.01.17
    + CM Merge
    + HellKat Kernel

Release - 14.01.15
    + CM Merge

Release - 14.01.11
    + Initial Release
    Screen Shots

Special Thanks to:
    CyanogenMod Team
    cyanogen
    DerTeufel1980
    Cl3Kener
    ThdDude
    titanic-fanatic
    iDynamics
    Google
    Samsung
    XDA
    everyone involved
    Anyone I forgot.

Sources
    HellKat
    CyanogenMod

titanic-fanatic
    TheMuppets

If you like what I do hit Thanks, its totally free. Or buy me a Beer sometime.​
    --
    diablo kernel 3.1 compiled in rom

please use trickster mod to change kernel settings.

(other kernel tuning apps may cause rrs and they do not allow you to use all of the features)

diablo kernel features:
    - kernel version 3.0.101 - compiled with linaro 4.7.4
    - i/o schedulers cfq, bfq, row, noop, deadline, sio, vr, and zen
    - governors intellidemand, interactivex, ondemandx, lazy, wheatley, smartass, badass, lionheart, hyper, samsung and normal stock options too.
    - cpu oc - 1836 mhz
    - gpu oc to 320 mhz for 3d & 266 mhz 2d
    - msm_mpdecision (non-stock) - showp1984
    - thermal - showp1984 - keeps your phone from overheating while overclocked.
    - fsync toggle - "turn it off for better performance but be aware that you may encounter data loss if your phone crashes"
    - usb fast charge
    - sweep2wake
    - voltage control
    - frandom lag reducer
    - smaller sized kernel due to xz compression
    - io boosters
    - frontswap support
    - fixed annoying bluetooth wakelock
    - cd rom emulation - (use drivedroid or something similar)

kernel source

Don't forget to click "kernel Settings" under "Set on boot" by clicking the little toggle icon at the top. Otherwise settings will not persist for next boot!!
    OP, I am not sure when you synced. But I have been pushing like mad the past 30 hours. I have fixed the Halo system-ui fc and a few other issues.
    Here is changelog from my main OP.
    Release - 14.02.16
    + CM Merge
    + Movable Clear All Button in Recents
    + Fixed Halo System-ui FC
    + HALO update port from vanir rom
    + Launch floating notifications from notification panel (long click)
    + floating window improvements

Release - 14.02.15
    + CM Merge
    + Flip to Mute/Reject Call
    + Open source google dialer and more

I may start picking some more stuff here in about 5 hours but until I start picking everything is building fine ATM. And its nice seeing all these Unofficial's of our ROM. You shouldn't have to do much to our Kernel since it works for Herc Sky and Quincys just some defconfig changes is all. Also if your using our Kernel you need to remove Thermald and mpdecision look at my changes to proprietary_vendor_samsung in our github. If you don't you will have issues. If you do fork and make changes please by all means send pull requests to us.
    Looks like 1080p recording is still broken. It will be fixed when hellkat fixes it.

I'm still looking for a fix for this too. Been watching cm's code review due those commits and they are not there yet. As soon as I find them, all roms should be able to benefit.
    @rukusx7, did you check your email, I sent you some files to add to your next build.

TeamChopsticks is who to watch they are the official CM maintainers for herc sky and a few others I think all sister devices. They also have a web page and a bitbucket account. The slow to start video camera and borked 1080p wont be fixed unless those guys do it unfortunately. I sold my Hercules a few weeks ago when I got my Mako which I love. :D
    Just remember guys, compiling this rom was the easy work.

Please don't forget where credit is due. If it were not for @titanic_fanatic's hard work in keeping this phone alive, I would never been able to bring Hellkat to your phone as I have.

So don't forget to buy him a coffee or beer by clicking the donate button if you can. :)