How can I downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 HELP PLEASE!

Search This thread

Simo7

Feb 27, 2012
thank bro so mean it is not the same samsung? samsung 4.3 or 4.4.2 if we downgrad it no signal then LG no problem rite?

Sorry I don't understand your question, however to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 I used the "go back to stock" guide in the g2 forum without any problem.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: chandarakk

guvno

Nov 8, 2011
I got stuck in boot loop when I tried this

What error are you receiving? I just did it myself last and had no issues.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

The factory restore image gets updated to kitkat. You have to use the guide Revert To Stock here on XDA and follow the instructions listed. Just follow them to a t and you'll be good to go. It's awfully hard to mess up. Even if you're not used to using methods like that it's easy peasy

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

you aren't using the correct tool. Find the thread Revert to Stock here on the LG G2 forums and follow those instructions. You will be using the LG Flash tool. Not the R & D tool. That's a whole different animal that is used for updating software. Not downgrading. All that tool does is search the LG servers for software updates and starts the install for you if you cannot receive an OTA for some weird reason. I downgraded my AT&T d800 using the flash tool method and it takes about 10 mins and then you're back on 4.2.2

The link the other member posted is the correct method of downgrading.

I used the suggested method in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
to go from 4.4.2 back to 4.2.2 and my phone just got stuck in a boot loop...

So I had to flash back the 4.4.2 .kdz which I am now still on, trying to go back to 4.2.2...

Any suggestions?

Oh, my phone is a 32GB D802 (HongKong) and I'm rooted using ioroot25...

Please help

B

bachera

easy, after downgrade do a factory reset that will pull you out of boot loop.

factory reset via power down. powerup and emediately volume down and power and keep pressed. confirm with power button factory reset and boot up

munibasad

Oct 22, 2013
I used the suggested method in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
to go from 4.4.2 back to 4.2.2 and my phone just got stuck in a boot loop...

So I had to flash back the 4.4.2 .kdz which I am now still on, trying to go back to 4.2.2...

Any suggestions?

Oh, my phone is a 32GB D802 (HongKong) and I'm rooted using ioroot25...

Please help

Where do i get 4.2.2 kdz file?
i have read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 and undertood its method, but i dont understand where to find 4.2.2 kdz file?
if firmware files are on this http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G2/Stock/, then kindly tell me which one should i use? as i dont understand which file is jb, i have D802 international..
Sorry for being noob :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    u have sucees downgrad from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 without proble?

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

what happen if am use TOT?

Idk, world war three.

The member said his version uses kdz and not tot. If your model uses tot then use tot. I've found it vastly easier than kdz. Either way you go just make sure you follow the instructions exactly for whatever method you decide to use. Neither myself nor the devs whose method you decide to use is responsible if you somehow mess up your device. If you follow the directions to the letter you should be fine but if you're not comfortable doing this then please don't. XDA isn't tailored for noobs. It assumes you have at least general knowledge of android modifications. Not trying to come off harshly so please don't take it that way.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    u have sucees downgrad from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 without proble?

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

what happen if am use TOT?

No problem with downgrade. :)

thank bro so mean it is not the same samsung? samsung 4.3 or 4.4.2 if we downgrad it no signal then LG no problem rite?

Sorry I don't understand your question, however to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2 I used the "go back to stock" guide in the g2 forum without any problem.