[FW 402][UB][6502/6503]YadliKernel, almost stock, slight undervolt, notification light mod

Search This thread

vendetta718

Apr 26, 2011
New York
Increase system volume at kernel level. Both speakers and headphones. That would be awesome. And it will also give Doomkernel some competition

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

glocklee

Jan 24, 2011
A kernel is still a software. It doesn't matter which layer the gain is applied to. Of course if a hardware gain infrastructure exists it would bring better ZNR but well... Snapdragons... You know.

Sent from my L50w using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: achih121

glocklee

Jan 24, 2011
However I would consider working on low latency audio. Android audio system sucks.

glocklee

Jan 24, 2011
Okay I've found /sound/soc/codecs/wcd9320.c, the audio codec TAIKO.
Need some help: anyone know where can I get the data sheet for this chip?

There might be a chance that changing a particular value in this file would bring better audio quality but:
1. I don't know which channel it is
2. I don't know the format.

osbertc0ol

Dec 26, 2012
I really want my z2 LED to breath instead of on and off.. but right now i'm on my latest FW any suggestions ?

glocklee

Jan 24, 2011
They call me Yadli when I'm coding. :)

Update:
When I upgrade to 314 the kernel will be updated.

Reactions: dkionline

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FW 402][UB][6502/6503]YadliKernel, almost stock, slight undervolt, notification light mod

This kernel is based on Sony .402 source.
    The goal is to create an almost stock kernel with recovery, battery saving modules, and eye-candies.

Attention: Users with locked boot loader should NOT flash this, even you have recovery!
    The image will be written to the correct partition, but the BL will refuse to load it!

Credits goes to @DoomLord for his wonderful guide, toolchain and various tools for kernel building.

Features:

• -75mv undervolt. No sysfs interface. Taking effect from powering on.
    • Notification light mod. Discussion thread [v2]
    • A new patch to correctly cap all cores. Compatible with all frequency setting apps. [v3]

TODOs:

• Nothing TODO. Any suggestions?

YadliKernelV3 pre-built image download
    YadliKernelV2 pre-built image download
    Github repo

XDA:DevDB Information
    YadliKernel, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z2

Contributors
    glocklee, twy_2000
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-07-08
    Last Updated 2014-07-09
    Per the OP, may I suggest stock voltage tables that are user modifiable with apps like setcpu, trickster mod, android tuner, etc?

Sure, it will come together with my custom hotplug driver in the next version.
    -75mV is to much undervolting!
    it works fine in 99.5% of the time. But under extrem high load, like CPU Prime Benchmark apps like Qualcomm Trepn Profiler start to crash.
    Thats a sign for unstable undervolting.
    As this Kernel is based on the official Sony sources it needs the source of. 314 to be published for updates.
    Normally Sony takes about 2-4 Weeks to publish Kernel source after an Update.
    A kernel is still a software. It doesn't matter which layer the gain is applied to. Of course if a hardware gain infrastructure exists it would bring better ZNR but well... Snapdragons... You know.