[APP] (UPDATE:4Oct) Max TF3D Theme Maker v4.1

Search This thread

millski

Jan 20, 2009
Ross Vegas
I've moved on from my background problems (all fixed :D ) to a change in tab icons. However when I try to capture the newly installed icons MaxTTM gives error 'Unable to copy file'. Also when I try to build list MaxTTM fails, FileNotFoundException 'at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode, String str)...' etc. I haven't the faintest idea what any of this means, and it isn't giving me a log file to paste here I'm afraid.

sp00kydd

Mar 9, 2009
/dev/null
Hi maxycy,

yes please show me how to deactivate the new start menu, so that I can use bg4all. Thanks...

EDIT: Found a way to change, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu\Enable ManilaStartMenu =dword:00000000, is this also your solution?

Last edited:

maxycy

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
I've moved on from my background problems (all fixed :D ) to a change in tab icons. However when I try to capture the newly installed icons MaxTTM gives error 'Unable to copy file'. Also when I try to build list MaxTTM fails, FileNotFoundException 'at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode, String str)...' etc. I haven't the faintest idea what any of this means, and it isn't giving me a log file to paste here I'm afraid.
Hah....first one to capture a bug. Yes, this was identified and I already have ver2.1 ready to be uploaded in a couple of hours.

Hi,

Thanx a ton 4 the app...In your future versions, can u also add "Font" Color for TF3D?

SK
Just the font? Let's see what I can add further.

Hi maxycy,

yes please show me how to deactivate the new start menu, so that I can use bg4all. Thanks...

EDIT: Found a way to change, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu\Enable ManilaStartMenu =dword:00000000, is this also your solution?
Yes. but that will also disable your start menu entirely. Before that go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\Manila://programs.page.hidden and disable that so that you can access the program launcher tab.

There is a small donation for you ...
Thank you again......you have make my day. :D

cmalamute

Dec 19, 2008
Hamburg
Hey Maxycy,

cool runnings here, thanks a lot :)

I know I made a thing that your publishing was not meant to do... but perhaps you know a simple solution to that:

I used your "5c9aa261_manila" file out of the package "New TF3D - Analog Home Pack#1.zip" from OP in context with a background4AllTabs cab (in my case it was http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=491079 but the same is with muns background solution). After instaling back4alltabs I copied 5c9aa261_manila to \Windows.

This is working very nice in the top level: you have your very own background for all tabs and in addition the new startmenu working (with black background though, but it's running). coool :D

But there is a little problem with all TF3D lists (like "all programs", "all contacts" "stock list" "weather list" and some more), because they also have the new background set. Since these lists have a black colored font (because original TF3D shows them on a light grey background" you hardly can read it. I know that this isnt in the heart of your own solution, but i thought this also could be of impact with your own themes as well, isn't it?

anyway, many thanks for this cool stuff and now I'm playing around with your theme maker ;)

thanosc

Aug 20, 2007
Manila rom
backed up.
Installed.
changed some stuff
Reset.
All porked.
Restore.
All ok.

Looks very promising and a getway for TF3d but for me something went wrong.

Arty out...

rasco11

Dec 28, 2008
Hi maxycy,

Thanks for ur great app!! it looks awesome.

Now dutty 2.4 XTREME is out, is it compatible? :D

By the way, I thought your *initial* plan was to let user have a configurable theme (clock style, tab sliding style etc) on HD but why now change to a "theme maker"??

As all I need is just a configurable theme, eg. "Max Blue Theme". Is it possible? :)

Many thanks and keep up ur great work!! :D

Last edited:

millski

Jan 20, 2009
Ross Vegas
@fallenangel: You can use the bg4allpages component addon from the first post to set a portrait walpaper using tf3d's settings tab which covers all tabs. To make a background for portrait or landscape as a selectable item in WpaperP or WpaperL components you need to edit the manila files from those folders in your MaxTTM dir, but you end up with a line across the screen. Using bg4all I found no line, but some backgrounds (All People list etc) are hard to read as they use a different font colour, whereas editing the manila reskinned the whole tab but left an ugly line....

@Maxycy: small bug in v2.1, when it starts up it announces itself as v2.0 ;)

maxycy

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 9, 2008
@fallenangel: You can use the bg4allpages component addon from the first post to set a portrait walpaper using tf3d's settings tab which covers all tabs. To make a background for portrait or landscape as a selectable item in WpaperP or WpaperL components you need to edit the manila files from those folders in your MaxTTM dir, but you end up with a line across the screen. Using bg4all I found no line, but some backgrounds (All People list etc) are hard to read as they use a different font colour, whereas editing the manila reskinned the whole tab but left an ugly line....

Thks for noticing that. I've corrected it and will put it up for download soon.

How can i add new wall papers ???

I see that capture button is only for windows folder ..
Yes. This is for capturing of manila file wallpapers which is used as default background. For normal wallpaper select, you can use the settings tab to select and you do not need to capture as you can select them directly from there.

In the next few days, I will put up an extensive manual on how to use the app.

----------------------

Some new updates. I have added now a new tab for you to add your personalized text on the home tab. This only works wt the manila files that comes wt my packages. More info on that when I get to settle down. The last few days have been very hectic for me. :D

sx1-doc

Dec 1, 2005
hi m8 ,thanks for the great application.

b4 a week i used theme make and i configure the main screen with analog clock that i can move around like omnias widgets, after i formated my phone i dont remember witch config was it???

so please i need to know which config was that one,
thanks

Shival

Looking forward to figuring this out!

I think this may be just what I need. I am just now starting to figure out how to customize/edit manila files to create my own graphics. I *think* this may be what I need to deploy the files I create to see if the work. I am really hoping that they do lol. Extremely looking forward to a manual though!
Thanks for the tool!

-Edit #1- Ehhh. I need help. I am trying to use this but it has a problem. It cannot find a file. It is looking for Filelist.txt but it there isn't one.

-Edit #2- Heh. I kinda figured it out myself I guess haha. I created a blank txt file on my computer and named it Filelist and then I pasted it into the folder where it was supposed to be. Now it is building a list! Yay. Sorry lol.

-Edit #3- Wow. I guess I just like to edit my posts. But I need help again this time. I copied a component into the component folder like a clock and then I try to use this to deploy it and it can not. When I am under the customize tab I select the component which is a called glassclock or whatever and it just says no change under that and I try to deploy and it fails. Blah. I am racking my friken brain over trying to create edit these files and I just tried to copy a clock's manila files right into the windows folder and then rebooted TF3D and eww bad and I have lost all ambition. Got to use your restore function though.! But it has been on 1% for like a min. Mneh. TF3D hates me.

Last edited:

Blessed HD

Dec 28, 2008
Hi Maxycy,

I must say your work is just AMAZING !!
Wonderful apps, especially this one.. I really like :D

Wish you all the best, & keep up the good work ;)

fallenangel408

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 21, 2008
killagreens, CA

thanks bro! i actually went with the nature background for all tabs.

QUESTION: is or has anyone been able to tweak the icons to hide in portrait mode(like in landscape mode you hit the tab to bring up the icons, i SO want to be able to do that in portrait mode, see pics)...ANYONE???? thanks and bless!!!

Last edited:

tonyblack

thanks bro! i actually went with the nature background for all tabs.

QUESTION: is or has anyone been able to tweak the icons to hide in portrait mode(like in landscape mode you hit the tab to bring up the icons, i SO want to be able to do that in portrait mode, see pics)...ANYONE???? thanks and bless!!!

Hi Fallenangel
Any chance of posting your theme as shown in your screenshots. I really like it.

fallenangel408

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 21, 2008
killagreens, CA
????

Hi Fallenangel
Any chance of posting your theme as shown in your screenshots. I really like it.

: ) thats a mix of tweaks...the one for backgrounds with the different nature themes is here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/93258803/a8db8555/Background_Nvidia.html

here are some files
1. cab file for no lines between words in all tabs
2. manila files for blue n white icons
3. " " " blue numbers
4. " " " no call/hist tabs on front page

if you need the transparent slider and top bottom curtain let me know

Last edited: