2-in-1 [USB Mini/3.5 MM] adapter

Search This thread

lukekirstein

So I just purchased this handy little adapter which takes the USB port on the bottom of the G1 and turns it into a USB Mini jack and a 3.5 MM headphone jack. Why go to all this trouble? So I can charge AND play music at the same time :D

I bought this little piece of wonder off of Amazon for $6 including shipping, and it arrived in 3 business days. I'm really glad I bought it! Here's the review I posted on Amazon:

This is truly a neat little device. I often want to play music in my room over my T-Mobile G1, and it's a battle of charge versus play. I have to make sure that if I do play music, I'll have time afterwords to charge back up. Not the case anymore! I'm able to play music and charge my phone at the same time.

The adapter is very compact for what it does; it looks much bigger in the pictures than it actually is. It's about the size of a quarter, and a little longer width-wise. Sound quality is great; compared to the stock adapter that comes with the G1, I found that bass frequencies are carried much more better and with a little more "oompf". I found a lot more power for my system, and it works great.

The build quality is what you would expect; plastic build with very solid adapter ports. I don't expect it to break at all. The phone charges at the same rate of speed as normal, even with playing music. The port that plugs into the phone is the proprietary port that the G1 has, and the "out" USB port is your typical mini-USB port.

Overall, it's a great product, and a must have for all G1 users!

I definitely would recommend this to just about everyone, and wanted to know what everyone else's experience is with this product!

wahookasan

Jul 19, 2009

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
I bought one that lets me charge/audio out/headphones in/usb/whatever made by HTC off ebay.

Removed ebay link since amazon has good price right now

Last edited:

mrfrenchfry

Jan 2, 2009
I bought one but I have a sort of huge problem. When using it audio only goes to my right earphone. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using jacxhero so that might be way.

lukekirstein

I bought one but I have a sort of huge problem. When using it audio only goes to my right earphone. Can anyone else confirm this? I'm using jacxhero so that might be way.

Did you try switching earbuds? Haha sounds simple...but I have this really bad luck with audio devices, that eventually everyone I have I break the soldering points that connect the jack to the circuit board, and I always loose an ear of sound. It's just odd...but that could be it as well.

mrfrenchfry

Jan 2, 2009
Did you try switching earbuds? Haha sounds simple...but I have this really bad luck with audio devices, that eventually everyone I have I break the soldering points that connect the jack to the circuit board, and I always loose an ear of sound. It's just odd...but that could be it as well.

Ahhh, just tried different buds and different builds :p. Guess I'll email them to see whatsup.

MvP77

Feb 9, 2009
Arlington, TX

rob_h

Mar 7, 2007
Reading
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Let me know if it works. I keep reading in the reviews it doesn't work with cupcake.

I bought this and it works with every rom I've tried. Cyanogen, JAC, JF.

I also needed an extension so I could hard wire my charger and line in behind my car dash with only one lead showing and the HTC adaptor has about an inch of cable between the EXTUSB and the adaptor itself. I hunted high and low but could only find one company who could do it and it were these guys.

Jays Earphones

jubeh

Mar 15, 2009
I want one of these but it's much too thick for what I wanted it for (I only want music), Isn't there one that has only mini USB to 3.5 mm? I thought I had seen one a while ago.

indyjonesUK

Oct 16, 2007
Tried this on a friends G1 (stock T-mobile firmware lastest updates) and it does not come up with a headset icon like it does on my touchdiamond2. Does this mean it does not work or is the headset icon just for when you have a microphone attached?

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
i've noticed on the HTC one that the 3.5mm headset jack doesnt work. you need to use the adapter cable that came with the phone and plug it into the headphone port on the htc adapter.

I have the 3 in one charger but what i really need is something just like this but i need to have each port n an opposite side. Why you ask?

I have a Moto p790 charger and i would like to be able to have that plugged in while i have my headphones in. now that would be useful.

kind of like this one but smaller.
http://www.amazon.com/OEM-Converter-Cingular-T-Mobile-Cavalier/dp/B001RXTDP2/ref=pd_sim_misc_11

I have an HTC Fuze and it came with this little Gem. It works on my G1 and MyTouch without issue. :D I love this thing! You can find them on eBay for around $7.00 USD

raven911

Aug 17, 2009
microphone?

When using this on a G1, if you plug a headset with microphone into the 3.5mm jack, does the microphone work on calls? I've read mixed reviews about this on Amazon and wondering if anyone has had experiences? Thanks,

DarkFoxDK

Jan 29, 2009
Copenhagen
I just got an HTC YC A300 today and it's working brilliantly!

It's 4-in-1, with extUSB headset plug, 2,5mm (mic+headphone), 3,5mm and extUSB power and data.