how to add personal messaage to boot animation in cm10.2.0

Search This thread

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Does anyone know if there is a way to add a personal message to the bootanimation, so i could put my phone number, in case i lose my phone?

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
I figured out a way that looks like it should be possible, but i havent tested:
in /system>media, there is a zip file called bootanimation.zip. inside are a whole lot of images, which going through quickly or in a fast slide show makes the bootanimation. my thought is that if one were to edit those pictures, say using paint, then the bootanimatin would now include your personal message. you would have to make the exact same edit in each picture, but i think it might work. anyone willing to try it out? if you do, please post your results!

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
I'm guessing lol, but it would take like 10 minutes to try it out and see. If I get a minute later I'll try it and report.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
I'm guessing lol, but it would take like 10 minutes to try it out and see. If I get a minute later I'll try it and report.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i'm just worried that if i meddle with the zip, i might get a bootloop or some other issue, and i dont have the patience to backup, stock rom-ify, re flash my rom, and restore the backup! :D:D:laugh: