[APP][4.0+] Dial'em All 6.0.1 | A Smart Dialer Replacement

Search This thread

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite
5wjbdt.jpg

A simple & minimalistic T9 based dialer to quickly access and launch installed apps on your Android.

Features:

Features:
★ Searching local apps by app name.
★ Simple T9 keyboard.
★ Quick searching.
★ Recent Apps/Contacts
★ Find Contacts
★ Call Contacts
★ Email Contacts
★ Dial Numbers
★ Save Numbers
★ Uninstall Apps.
★ Find Music
★ Browse Call History
★ Select Themes.

Dial'em All uses simple write ahead search which matches keywords as you type in order to save multiple key press. It uses a simple T9 keyboard which allows user to type and search apps/contacts faster.

This is a power user tool and yet very simple to use, helps you stop scrolling through endless list, launch applications/call contacts in a few clicks. Just press on any number-pad button to search for the symbol on it.

Also choose how you want your dialer to look by choosing from themes.

Dial'em All is a very lightweight T9 launcher that can solve all your app launching/contact finding troubles.

How to Use:

1. Press the on screen buttons having the text you want. Similar to phone dialer.

2. Click the icon to launch an application.

3. Long click application to launch uninstaller.

4. Click Contact with number to call.

5. Click Contact with email to mail.

6. Long Click Contact to go to Details.

7. Click on number to call.

8. Long Click on number to save.

9. Backspace key to edit.

10. Press back/exit button to close.

More Features & Enhancements coming soon !

Kindly leave feedbacks.

Download :

Free Version
Play Store Link

Ad Free Version & Extra Skins
Play Store Link

Slide Me Store
Slide Me +

Screenshots :
64fs4m.jpg
68tslc.jpg
mx0rhl.jpg
rr18ia.jpg
5yf37t.jpg

Video:

Changelist

V 1.0.3

Adaptive Grid.
Settings Icon on Clear Button.
Long click application to uninstall.

V 1.0.4

Recent Apps Tab

V 1.0.4

Themes

Last edited:

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite
Major Updates

V 1.0.3

Adaptive Grid.

V 1.0.4

Recent Apps Tab

V 1.0.7

Themes

V 2.0.0

Contact Search

V 3.0.0

Phone Dialer

V 4.0.0

Lag Reduction

V 4.0.1

Transparent Theme
Better Search
Cleaner UI

V 4.0.2

Quicker Launch
Faster Search
Fixed USSD dialing
Fixed Contact Search bug

V 5.0.0

Music Search
Call History
Removed Vibration
Better Search Performance
Fixed special characters bug

V 5.0.1

option to disable email in contact search
better call history
snappier launch

V 6.0.0

* Android L Design *
* Send Messages to Contacts *
* Snappier *
* Music Search is Faster *

Last edited:
Reactions: oldman20

batoussai

Dec 30, 2013
Just gave it a quick test here and I must say it works pretty well. Specially after I assigned it to a gesture on homescreen.

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
Its very good, very smooth. You hace just cleared my homescreen of lots of apps. The only thing left in my homescreen are Dial an App, Browser, Google Maps and Iron Man 3.

Aesthetic wise, I feel like it needs more improvement, but hey, thats only graphical part. the core part is flawless.

Suggestion: Perhaps user will be able to 'dial up' settings? You know, like going directly to the WiFi settings, or directly to storage setting to eject USB on the go, or more importantly turning on the USB debugging inside the developer mode. I'm sure this will be a major request. Although you should also add a setting whether to enable dialing up shorcut settings or not, not all people want it.
Suggestion: I guess you need to add a setting page if you want to corporate more feature, as most people want to use certain feature and dont want to use certain feature.

Idea: There are some people that hide certain app and dont want people to see it, I guess it will be a bad situation if your app shows their hidden app.

bamachevrolet

Jan 7, 2011
Great app, will they be a paid version? Not a fan of the ads, would give a couple bucks to get rid of them!

Sent from my Nexus 7

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite
Yes there will be an ad-free paid version as soon as I integrate contact search and a few other features in the upcoming version.

Keep the feed backs coming, helps me make this better and better. :eek:

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
What about apps with space in their name? The current version dont have any space input.

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite
I suppose you wouldn't have to type the words after the space as , as soon as you are type the first word i.e the one before the space you will have that app in the grid already, for example: typing "Google" will give u "Google Play", " Google Music" , "Google Music" etc already on scren making it easier to choose, also you can easily type just the word after the space like "Music" that will give you "Google Music" too thereby saving an additional button press for "space"

correct me if I am wrong.

jisoo

Jul 12, 2013
d-h.st
Interesting app. I have a couple of suggestions on how to improve it more:

• The app shouldn't show up in recent apps, as people will probably access it through a shortcut and use it to launch other apps
  • It would be better user experience if the dialer was drawn over your current app, instead of using your wallpaper as a background -- this would give a more fluid app launching and changing experience instead of the current feeling of being taken away from your current activity
  • It would be nice to be able to change the app icon grid and icon sizes -- some people will want fewer but bigger icons, some people will prefer longer list with smaller icons
  • Since there's quite a lot of screen space for listing the apps, you could implement (an optional) row of recently launched/recently used apps. I think a lot of users are really just switching between 4-5 most common apps and this would make the interaction faster.
  • In addition, there could be an option to pin a favorite app(s)
  • Lastly, it's not at all obvious how one can change the keypad colors (long-press on clear seems to do it), and you are left wondering if there are other settings available as well (like changing the grid size)

Like I said, the app looks great and works well too.

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite
Interesting app. I have a couple of suggestions on how to improve it more:

• The app shouldn't show up in recent apps, as people will probably access it through a shortcut and use it to launch other apps
  • It would be better user experience if the dialer was drawn over your current app, instead of using your wallpaper as a background -- this would give a more fluid app launching and changing experience instead of the current feeling of being taken away from your current activity
  • It would be nice to be able to change the app icon grid and icon sizes -- some people will want fewer but bigger icons, some people will prefer longer list with smaller icons
  • Since there's quite a lot of screen space for listing the apps, you could implement (an optional) row of recently launched/recently used apps. I think a lot of users are really just switching between 4-5 most common apps and this would make the interaction faster.
  • In addition, there could be an option to pin a favorite app(s)
  • Lastly, it's not at all obvious how one can change the keypad colors (long-press on clear seems to do it), and you are left wondering if there are other settings available as well (like changing the grid size)

Like I said, the app looks great and works well too.

Duly Noted ! :)

Reactions: zemega

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
I suppose you wouldn't have to type the words after the space as , as soon as you are type the first word i.e the one before the space you will have that app in the grid already, for example: typing "Google" will give u "Google Play", " Google Music" , "Google Music" etc already on scren making it easier to choose, also you can easily type just the word after the space like "Music" that will give you "Google Music" too thereby saving an additional button press for "space"

correct me if I am wrong.

Well, nothing wrong, just a thought I would like to share.

zemega

Jan 15, 2014
You know, I'm a right handed. My phone screen size is 4.7 inch diagonal. The situation now is that, after there's only one app left in the screen, its all the way at the top left, which is quite a stretch for my thumb. You might even have problem with this yourself. So I was thinking maybe after one app has left, the app will be highlighted (somehow) and brought to the center, that would be better I think. or maybe you can just touch anywhere on the screen and it will launch that app. Or just add another button that will launch that one app left standing.

You konw, this reminds me of Ubuntu OS, which is quite similar. Maybe you take insperation from these? My point is, after a few letter, the app that you want might be the first app in the list, so you can just tap a button and it will launch the first app in the selection. Of course for me, I feel it will be better if the app selection there will have some sort of popularity calculation to determine which one comes first,kind of like when you type iin the address bar in Firefox, most frequently visited site will appear first in the list.

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite
You know, I'm a right handed. My phone screen size is 4.7 inch diagonal. The situation now is that, after there's only one app left in the screen, its all the way at the top left, which is quite a stretch for my thumb. You might even have problem with this yourself. So I was thinking maybe after one app has left, the app will be highlighted (somehow) and brought to the center, that would be better I think. or maybe you can just touch anywhere on the screen and it will launch that app. Or just add another button that will launch that one app left standing.

You konw, this reminds me of Ubuntu OS, which is quite similar. Maybe you take insperation from these? My point is, after a few letter, the app that you want might be the first app in the list, so you can just tap a button and it will launch the first app in the selection. Of course for me, I feel it will be better if the app selection there will have some sort of popularity calculation to determine which one comes first,kind of like when you type iin the address bar in Firefox, most frequently visited site will appear first in the list.

I'll do something about that ! thanks !

luciferabby

Nov 11, 2012
Drumsite

I'll do something about that ! thanks !

Does that seem alright now ? updated the app. thanks.

2i08ynq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kidunderthehood

kidunderthehood

Feb 17, 2014
Mumbai
Awesome app. Saves you some time.

Reserved. For future updates.
If you have like a hell lot of apps on your phone, this is the app the one you'd expect to save you some great amount of time. Would love to see further updates and appreciate your work. Subscribed.

N1XRR

Oct 10, 2007
Awesome app and a great idea! Can't wait for the paid version!

One small request - can you make a widget out of it? This would be an awesome full screen widget to replace my standard home screen (or maybe put it a page over from the home screen).

deej_roamer

Mar 19, 2014
Contact Search would be awsome man!

Yes there will be an ad-free paid version as soon as I integrate contact search and a few other features in the upcoming version.

Keep the feed backs coming, helps me make this better and better. :eek:

When you integrate the feature, dude i'll love you..... for now i use app dialer pro because it provides a home screen widgets but as soon as you release the widget for app, app dialer pro is going to trash...... loved your app, sorry but i'm still not switching... i'll stay with you though, subscribing the thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5wjbdt.jpg

A simple & minimalistic T9 based dialer to quickly access and launch installed apps on your Android.

Features:

Features:
    ★ Searching local apps by app name.
    ★ Simple T9 keyboard.
    ★ Quick searching.
    ★ Recent Apps/Contacts
    ★ Find Contacts
    ★ Call Contacts
    ★ Email Contacts
    ★ Dial Numbers
    ★ Save Numbers
    ★ Uninstall Apps.
    ★ Find Music
    ★ Browse Call History
    ★ Select Themes.

Dial'em All uses simple write ahead search which matches keywords as you type in order to save multiple key press. It uses a simple T9 keyboard which allows user to type and search apps/contacts faster.

This is a power user tool and yet very simple to use, helps you stop scrolling through endless list, launch applications/call contacts in a few clicks. Just press on any number-pad button to search for the symbol on it.

Also choose how you want your dialer to look by choosing from themes.

Dial'em All is a very lightweight T9 launcher that can solve all your app launching/contact finding troubles.

How to Use:

1. Press the on screen buttons having the text you want. Similar to phone dialer.

2. Click the icon to launch an application.

3. Long click application to launch uninstaller.

4. Click Contact with number to call.

5. Click Contact with email to mail.

6. Long Click Contact to go to Details.

7. Click on number to call.

8. Long Click on number to save.

9. Backspace key to edit.

10. Press back/exit button to close.

More Features & Enhancements coming soon !

Kindly leave feedbacks.

Download :

Free Version
    Play Store Link

Ad Free Version & Extra Skins
    Play Store Link

Slide Me Store
    Slide Me +

Screenshots :
    64fs4m.jpg
    68tslc.jpg
    mx0rhl.jpg
    rr18ia.jpg
    5yf37t.jpg

Video:

Changelist

V 1.0.3

Adaptive Grid.

V 1.0.4

Recent Apps Tab

V 1.0.4

Themes
    Very nice app! I love the idea of searching through app and contacts at the same time.
    Just two requests :)
    Do you think it would be possible to have a transparent background?
    Do you think it would be possible, clicking on a contact's mobile number, to choose if make a call, send an sms or send a message via Whatassp (or similar)?

check out the new version with transparent theme.

The other part of ur feedback is something I am already working on so expect it in future updates. :good:
    Latest Update

New version with Phone Dialer, Recent Apps/Contacts and Pure Black Skin just released. :highfive:
    UI Revamp

New Version

* Android L Design *
    * Send Messages to Contacts *
    * Snappier *
    * Music Search is Faster *
    Remove the vibration when going out. Or at least make an option in Settings for it.
    You have a lot of space in the top that you don't use. Why don't you add a Settings button, in the top right for example, move the Clear functionality to where the Settings button currently is and leave number 1 without alternative functionality? Ease of use would increase, I think.

A very very good app. This is amazing! We want to buy the pro version.

However, me and my friends who tried this app have requests.
    1. Please add # button under number 9 and backspace button under # button. the exit button is not much needed because we can simply exit the app by using home key or capacitive back buttons.
    2. Replace the settings button with asterisk button. settings should only appear when we press the menu button... :D

the reason is for the app to act as a complete replacement for the dialer in all our phones.
    it would be the best and the most useful app ever if you will do it.,,:D
    It will replace most apps in our phones.. :D

I am working on the complete dialer soon to be released , your wishes will soon be granted ! thanks for your feedback , its much appreciated ! :highfive::highfive: