Post Your CyanogenMod 7.2 Nightly Questions HERE!!

Search This thread

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil
Is it just me or the wifi is draining the battery faster in this build ?!? :D

It seems Wi-Fi is keeping the device awake much more time than in previous builds.

The CPU does enter deep sleep normally, but the time of "screen off + CPU awake" when the Wi-Fi is turned on seems much longer than in the RC1.

The kernel is the same, so is the Wi-Fi driver. But there were some general changes in CyanogenMod regarding Wi-Fi, so if there is a problem it should show up in all devices.

The changes I found are the following:
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/10417/
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14259/

Let's wait and see what unfolds...

dark2y

Dec 3, 2008
Bucharest
Yup. Something's going one there.

The battery life is nearly half of what is was in RC1. Those changes don't look extensive so i doubt that's the cause.

I guess we wait and see ... :(

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
Batt normal, wifi goes to sleep as it should, no sensor problems for now. Do a clean flash or reflash by wiping cache and dalvik cache. If batt level was wiped before flashing, usually the first drain is faster.

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil
Batt normal, wifi goes to sleep as it should, no sensor problems for now. Do a clean flash or reflash by wiping cache and dalvik cache. If batt level was wiped before flashing, usually the first drain is faster.

As I said, it does sleep fine, but it wakes up much more than normal when wifi is on.

Do the test yourself with CPU Spy, clearing the stats, turning screen off and leaving in stand by, then wake it up and measure the time it was awake.

To me the time with CPU on (in any frquency) was much higher with wifi on than witb wifi off.

By the way, my installations are like surgerys, formatting boot, system, rebooting between flashes of CM and GApps, wiping data, cache and dalvik cache twice (in the beginning and the end of the procedure). And I don't use dirty or obscure apps that drain battery.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
As I said, it does sleep fine, but it wakes up much more than normal when wifi is on.

Do the test yourself with CPU Spy, clearing the stats, turning screen off and leaving in stand by, then wake it up and measure the time it was awake.

To me the time with CPU on (in any frquency) was much higher with wifi on than witb wifi off.

By the way, my installations are like surgerys, formatting boot, system, rebooting between flashes of CM and GApps, wiping data, cache and dalvik cache twice (in the beginning and the end of the procedure). And I don't use dirty or obscure apps that drain battery.

So you use the go to slepp when screen off policy on wifi and it still keeps the phone awake when screen is off? Or never go to sleep policy? In that last case it is suppose to keep the phone awake, right?

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil
So you use the go to slepp when screen off policy on wifi and it still keeps the phone awake when screen is off? Or never go to sleep policy? In that last case it is suppose to keep the phone awake, right?

I'm sorry I forgot to mentioned. I set the wifi to stay active even when the screen is off.

And the CPU sleeps normally with this setting. But the latest nightly is making the phone sleep 'a little less' than normal.

Last edited:

voyager20021

May 5, 2011
Here
I'm sorry I forgot to mentioned. I set the wifi to stay active even when the screen is off.

And the CPU sleeps normally with this setting. But the latest nightly is making the phone sleep 'a little less' than normal.

Maybe you could test different govs? It`s probably the gov policy. I honestly did not test that behaviour as i allways thought wifi on when screen is off keeps the phone awake, so it should be normal to have more drain, almost like when screen is on. It`s not like GPS or BT on all the time. And i usually let wifi on with screen off when i download some app or need the phones constant connection, which by all means should keep it awake. Otherwise set wifi off when screen is off. That the use of that policy right?

yuripg1

Oct 9, 2011
Canoas, Brazil
Maybe you could test different govs? It`s probably the gov policy. I honestly did not test that behaviour as i allways thought wifi on when screen is off keeps the phone awake, so it should be normal to have more drain, almost like when screen is on. It`s not like GPS or BT on all the time. And i usually let wifi on with screen off when i download some app or need the phones constant connection, which by all means should keep it awake. Otherwise set wifi off when screen is off. That the use of that policy right?

I use 245-600 ondemand.

About wifi, in all other ROMs besides the latest nightly leave wifi on gives a great battery life when I'm home. It's much faster than my 3G, so it syncs faster and stays idle most of the time.

k2n3

Jun 12, 2011
flash ta gb 1-1 kernel and you don't have a fast battery drain...on this kernel everything works fine....and super super smooth

machel

Apr 2, 2012
lisbon
Sorry do not know if that message is going to be here or I'll have to create a post.
I'm changing the ROM CM7, the only thing I still can not and do not think this is how to get the background image. i.imgur.com/0SgTt.png

baskos

Oct 18, 2011
- sometimes in baseband info shows strange symbols, but not always (I think it related with review. cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13669/)

- Instagram not available via Play Market

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
- sometimes in baseband info shows strange symbols, but not always (I think it related with review. cyanogenmod.com/#/c/13669/)

- Instagram not available via Play Market

1. Reboot
2. Instagram is useless...

Jloagb

Seek the signature below the line;)

bigalli

Jun 13, 2008
proximity sensor's bug

im using RC1(stock kernel no overclock) and sometimes when a message or call comes, the ringtone becomes intermittent and the phone becomes unresponsive/hangs, (unable to pick the call), after the caller ends, everything gets back to normal again any solutions?
In last nightly persist the proximity sensor's bug. It appears on some p500 only with cm stock kernel, with others, like roq or ta, doesn't appears.

I had latest nightly and stock kernel and the same problem After call comes phone hangs (black display) After second call everything gets back to normal again How to fix it? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Добро пожаловать, друзья! Welcome, Friends! आपका स्वागत है, दोस्तों! Benvenuti, amici!
    Bem-vindos, amigos! Ласкаво просимо, друзі! Bine ati venit, prieteni! 欢迎 朋友们
    Vítejte, přátelé! chào đón, bạn bè! Willkommen, Freunde! Bienvenidos, amigos!

in7kew.jpg

The latest CyanogenMod Nightly can be downloaded here or via ROMManager.
    The new recovery in ROMManager (5.0.2.7) is not required, but is necessary to receive automatic updates.

Changelog
    [I'm not going to provide my own changelog as all updates to CM7.2 are minor bugfixes only...]

Other necessary files: Google Apps (Also available in ROMManager)

night·ly /ˈnaɪtli/
    adj.
    1. Of or pertaining to the night, or to every night; happening or done by night, or every night.
    2. A Fresh CyanogenMod ROM automatically built with the newest available code, usually compiled at night. Often contains many bugs.

This is the place to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies. Feel free to talk about anything related to these ROMS, but to receive acknowledgement by a developer of any problems you find, the following conditions should be met:
    • Use the stock CyanogenMod kernel
    • Do not overclock
    • Use the default system apps (launcher etc.)
    • Do not use apps2sd or similar
    Before posting a problem you should:
    • Check the posts below for a solution / fix
    • Read the last 10 pages of this thread for a post with a similar problem
    • Backup, reflash with a full wipe, check if the bug is still there
    • Wait 24 hours for the next nightly, the devs probably already know about it
    If the problem still persists after the next nighlty appears and all the above steps have been followed, post your problem and we'll see if there is something we can do. Please include the following information:
    • Which Nightly you are running
    • Which Nightly the bug first appeared (if known)
    • *Confirm Stock Everything* (shows that you have read all the above)
    • Detailed steps to reproduce the bug (add a screenshot if it helps)

OLD BASEBAND?

If your phone uses the old baseband, you need to upgrade to the new baseband. This improves 3G signal and battery life. There are many guides on how to do this so just have a quick look around, or even watch a video on Youtube.

NO-APN PROBLEMS?

All APN problems related to 'funny SIMs' have been fixed, please thank werewolfo for generously donating an Italian funny SIM for me to test with!.
    Major improvements include:
    • New baseband support
    • Better 3G Reception
    • .35 kernel support (only)
    • Offline charging
    • Quicker GPS lock
    • Smoother Accelerometers
    • Better 3G signal
    • Better battery life
    • CyanogenMod Updates
    I noticed its difficult to get the pop-up menu when I hold the power button down.

Hold the power button down until you feel it vibrate twice.

I'm getting an error when trying to turn wi-fi on after flashing the testing kernel and the last nightly.

The test kernel is a kernel only, none of the other included files came with it. If you flashed another kernel it won't work.

With screen on animation there are white noise before animation and when receive a call, need some time before i can answer.

You shouldn't really be enabling screen on animation, it's always been buggy for msm7x27 chips which is why it's disabled by default. But if it works, static is a small price to pay for a phone that doesn't reboot on an incoming call...

PS here's a KANG that includes the fixed kernel and fixed camera...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p0di9g79ck80a0c
    Ok. As you know, init is the first process after kernel started. Init parse /init.rc and /init.[device_name].rc and execute early-init action in it. Ueventd is one of the very first services started by the default init.rc. It proceeds to read its main configuration files, /ueventd.rc and /ueventd.[device_name].rc, replays all kernel uevents (i.e. hotplug events), and then proceeds on to wait, listening for all future uevents. Kernel uevents are delivered to ueventd through a netlink socket, a common way for certain kernel functionality to communicate with user-space tools and daemons. [device_name] we get from "androidboot.hardware" kernel commad line - in our case it "thunderg" (look BoardConfig.mk). In early builds we got file /uevent.thunder.rc , after typo fix we have /uevent.thunderg.rc and have problem with /dev permissions - ril, sensor, gpu not work. Download latest nightly, flash, then apply patch in attachment - and manual network selection was work :fingers-crossed:
    Finally audio with headphones is fixed!

I spent ages looking for a way to enable the microphone with stereo output, then I realized I can just detect if we are in a call or not and swich to mono with working mic :rolleyes:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14710/

EDIT: here is an unofficial build to play with

http://www.mediafire.com/?4b933wa09351rjv

changelog: 'stuff' is fixed ;)