Sense 5

Search This thread

Obie911

Sep 4, 2012
Tampa
When you guys think we gonna be getting the Sense 5 on our DNA? It look kind of like windows but better organized!

Sent from my HTC DNA using xda app-developers app

danielhall2689

Aug 19, 2012
Atlanta
Apparently there is someone working on it already but I have seen very little on it. I think that when the HTC One comes out we will see a bunch of ports to our phone over the following weeks but until then we probably won't be seeing it.

Reactions: Obie911

jaysckap

Sep 21, 2010
Yes, not officially any time soon. But yes it is coming

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

AndroidSmitty

Oct 20, 2012
Will Verizon push Sense 5 out as an OTA or, will we only get it from xda-developers? This is my first HTC I don't know how or if Verizon and HTC upgrades devices to new versions. I would love to have Sense 5 and latest version of jelly bean. I know we will get the latest version of jelly bean from xda-developers. CM10 and CM10.1 is being worked on now.

danielhall2689

Aug 19, 2012
Atlanta
They might ota sense 5 but it will be probably be many months from now (I doubt they will though) plus by the time they do it we will have had it through xda anyway

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
Kinda siked to have sense 5 on the DNA,I don't have a DNA just yet..I'm gonna be upgrading to it in two weeks.whoever is working on putting sense 5 to this device props to you can't wait to flash it :)

jaysckap

Sep 21, 2010
Oh, well cool then. Sorry bout that. That ROM was sick!

etracyirl

Mar 7, 2011
Will Verizon push Sense 5 out as an OTA or, will we only get it from xda-developers? This is my first HTC I don't know how or if Verizon and HTC upgrades devices to new versions. I would love to have Sense 5 and latest version of jelly bean. I know we will get the latest version of jelly bean from xda-developers. CM10 and CM10.1 is being worked on now.

Doubt it, with the three previous HTC phones I've had it seemed like they never updated anything, they only fixed bugs but they would fix them 6 months after a dev did :)

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think me will get it from HTC because "we don't have an IR blaster" that will be their reason. I know you didn't ask if we would get it from HTC just throwing out what their excuse will be this time.

huskers15

Feb 14, 2011
LlabTooFeR (@LlabTooFeR) tweeted at 11:32 AM on Mon, Feb 25, 2013:
Good news for Droid DNA (DLX_WL) users, HTC is gonna release Sense 5.0 in next few months :) Nothing new about other devices yet...

Its coming alright.

Husker_DNA

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
Good news for Droid DNA (DLX_WL) users, HTC is gonna release Sense 5.0 in next few months :) Nothing new about other devices yet...

Its coming alright.

Husker_DNA

Sorry for my litlle knowledge over llabtoofer but who is this??and he knows that we will get sense 5..is this something official??

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

klarson

Apr 8, 2010
sacramento, ca
OnePlus 11
Sorry for my litlle knowledge over llabtoofer but who is this??and he knows that we will get sense 5..is this something official??

Footballer is his real username. He changed it after his sites ordeal with HTC. He's leaked information about past devices. I'd say he's very reliable with his leaks.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

And nothings official until we get the OTA from Verizon. Verizon doesn't have the best track record when it comes to updates.

strip419

Jul 18, 2012
THIS PLANET
Sense 5 for DNA? Keep dreaming boys. The only way is dat devs here might port it over. But an official ota is not possible. This is HTC plus verizon, perfect mixture for ota failure. Not to mention a DNA+ will be up pretty soon with sense5 maybe, so am not sure big red will waste money updating the DNA when a new baby is coming.

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

SAMPCam

Sense 5 for DNA? Keep dreaming boys. The only way is dat devs here might port it over. But an official ota is not possible. This is HTC plus verizon, perfect mixture for ota failure. Not to mention a DNA+ will be up pretty soon with sense5 maybe, so am not sure big red will waste money updating the DNA when a new baby is coming.

Look a couple posts above yours. A very reliable source of information stated that we'll be seeing Sense 5.0 on the DNA.

Even without the information above, I was confident we'd get Sense 5.0... The HTC Thunderbolt is 2 years old now. It shipped with Android 2.2 with Sense 2 and it just received an upgrade to Android ICS with Sense 3.6... It took them a long time, but HTC did it. I don't see why the same can't happen with us.

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
I emailed HTC and here is what they said "I understand your interest on this specific feature. There is still no official announcement regarding any updates of the Sense UI for the HTC DNA. Please stay tuned for news about any updates for this phone."

Last time I checked Sense 5 is not a specific feature it's a whole UI update.

klarson

Apr 8, 2010
sacramento, ca
OnePlus 11
I emailed HTC and here is what they said "I understand your interest on this specific feature. There is still no official announcement regarding any updates of the Sense UI for the HTC DNA. Please stay tuned for news about any updates for this phone."

Last time I checked Sense 5 is not a specific feature it's a whole UI update.

I wouldn't really believe this. Sense 5 requires a whole new software update.

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
This phone will get sense5 regardless if its an ota or a dev ports it either way it will have sense5

My opinion: ota wise..
HTC and Verizon will not just ignore the DNA if they do update it to sense5
Its htc's own flagship device,yes the htc one was just announced but the dna
Is still htc's flagship device so i highly doubt that they will not update it.the only way
Forsure that they will not update it is if sense5 becomes a big flop and htc deciedes to
Skip sense5 and build another one..example sense 3.5 was a huge flop nobody liked it
Only came out in one device so htc skipped that and went on to sense 3.6.so weather it takes
Awhile or not I'm sure HTC and Verizon will update the DNA sooner or later

My opinion: port wise..
If HTC and Verizon do decide to not update the DNA to sense5 in the long run
A dev will port it to this device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you say it might take time but surely come (two yrs maybe). By this tym android 5 or 6 will be out and sense 8 maybe out also. Now tell me how useful an update will be when it 2 yrs behind. The HTC one launch with Android 4.1.2 (a silly mistake by HTC) and we will not see an update till after some 6 months. All in All the DNA might eventually get sense 5 but it won't matter cos sense 5 it self wil be out if date. Just motivate the devs around here to get u sense 5(with all the bugs in the world that u will gladly discuss in dev thraeds). If Android phones were getting updates like Ios devices then a lot of people will still own the G1 now, remember to these OEMs its all about selling most, so keeping users on old devices with timely updates is not the best for them. If u want sense 5 be a good husband and give the DNA to Ur wife( its sexy and u will get super laid:p) and save up 200$ for the DNA+ or HTC one, its better than waiting.

I get really excited when an OEM talks about update, but not when Verizon is around

What? Trying to read this gave a headache.

Its coming alright.

Husker_DNA
    Apparently there is someone working on it already but I have seen very little on it. I think that when the HTC One comes out we will see a bunch of ports to our phone over the following weeks but until then we probably won't be seeing it.
    Good call on the avatar, Dont be an a**hole though

I'm confused... I like it. Used to love that Rom. Ooookay.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk HD