Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
This is a Stock Google Play Edition Rom KOT49H.H16. It has no modifications besides being rooted and busy box being installed, Oh and I added an inverted stock MMS app with quick reply

System write protection has been removed on boot using @flar2's kernel module so you now can write to the system.

Credits/Thanks to @pasker17 for his time and patience and allowing all the poking and prodding of his GPe devices!
Thanks to @jmz for getting us a bootable recovery!
Credit to: chrisch1974 (I used his update zip/script and dropped my files in it)
Credit to @flar2 for the kernel module

Devs feel free to use as a base, just give proper credit

Updated 4/6/2014
MUST be bootloader unlocked and custom recovery. As of now I recommend Philz's touch recovery as twrp has been giving people issues
Philz recovery can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703223

1. Make sure you do a wipe if coming from another rom
2. Flash in recovery
3. If recovery tells you something about the rom wanting to flash a recovery and asks if you want to disable it select NO. that file is needed for supersu to initialize on boot if you disable it you will not have root access

Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584491
Mirror: http://d-h.st/HVN

As this is a stock rom.. Nothing will be added.. No big reports taken.. this is how it came right from google with the exception of root and busybox being installed and the kernel module to disable write protection on the system

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....

Last edited:

random1204

Aug 13, 2010
bockus.blogspot.com
So from my understanding, instead of the conversion, which changes it completely to a GPe setup, this is just the rom and so does not resize the system partition. Is that correct?

Thanks!

MvP77

Feb 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
Im not getting any data, pretty sure its an APN problem.

Edit: had to edit the APN. mmsc was left out.

Last edited:

DyingBlade

Nov 10, 2010
Does this ROM support the features that the Sense Camera supported (i.e Duo Camera features, HTC Zoe and others)?

jamieg71

Mar 13, 2011
Sanford, Florida
Google search T-Mobile APN. There are tons of info on how to do it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Gee thanks for the help. I would have never thought to Google something like that.... There's a whole lot of specifics on how to go about it with this particular Rom on this carrier. Seriously appreciate the generosity of your time. o_O
No worries, got it figured out no problem, I'll have this available for all roms I release specific to the Tmo variant on the M8.
FYI, there's a few more steps involved to get everything T-Mobile related (apk wise) working on this or any of the builds aside from Viper.

MvP77

Feb 9, 2009
Arlington, TX
Gee thanks for the help. I would have never thought to Google something like that.... There's a whole lot of specifics on how to go about it with this particular Rom on this carrier. Seriously appreciate the generosity of your time. o_O
No worries, got it figured out no problem, I'll have this available for all roms I release specific to the Tmo variant on the M8.
FYI, there's a few more steps involved to get everything T-Mobile related (apk wise) working on this or any of the builds aside from Viper.

Sorry didn't mean to seem like I was being an a-hole. I wasn't home when I responded and I didn't have time to give detailed information. I figured instead of leaving you hanging I would suggest the search. Glad you figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Google Play Edition Rom KOT49H.H16. It has no modifications besides being rooted and busy box being installed, Oh and I added an inverted stock MMS app with quick reply

System write protection has been removed on boot using @flar2's kernel module so you now can write to the system.

Credits/Thanks to @pasker17 for his time and patience and allowing all the poking and prodding of his GPe devices!
    Thanks to @jmz for getting us a bootable recovery!
    Credit to: chrisch1974 (I used his update zip/script and dropped my files in it)
    Credit to @flar2 for the kernel module

Devs feel free to use as a base, just give proper credit

Updated 4/6/2014
    MUST be bootloader unlocked and custom recovery. As of now I recommend Philz's touch recovery as twrp has been giving people issues
    Philz recovery can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2703223

1. Make sure you do a wipe if coming from another rom
    2. Flash in recovery
    3. If recovery tells you something about the rom wanting to flash a recovery and asks if you want to disable it select NO. that file is needed for supersu to initialize on boot if you disable it you will not have root access

Link: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407584491
    Mirror: http://d-h.st/HVN

As this is a stock rom.. Nothing will be added.. No big reports taken.. this is how it came right from google with the exception of root and busybox being installed and the kernel module to disable write protection on the system

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, implodes, or flames start shooting from it or it kills your neighbor's dog. Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible.... It was the other guy... I swear....
    Hey guys, I'm going to close this thread and ask you guys that you use the main thread in the m8 section (the ROM is the same) It's just easier for me to maintain one thread instead of 3 so head on over to the main thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706441
    So if i have an sense nand can go back?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

If you flash this rom.. Yes you can go back.. You can't go back (right now) if you run my full conversion ruu (in a different thread)

will this work on the T-Mobile model

Sent from my HTC One M8

yes, It will work on any of the GSM models. Just not the Sprint or Verizon versions
    So from my understanding, instead of the conversion, which changes it completely to a GPe setup, this is just the rom and so does not resize the system partition. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Correct