Unlocking bootloader error

Search This thread

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Hello, I have been trying to unlock the bootloader on my Z2 for a couple of hours now with no luck. I am stuck. This is what I get when I input my unlock code.

C:\fastboot>fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xMYKEYGOTFROMSONY
FAILED (remote: Command did not succeed)
finished. total time: 0.021sWhat could be wrong? Is there anyway to get more debug information to see why it's failing?

I have verified that ADB is turned on, plus the pc reads the phone when I use fastboot, I even tried using flashtool and get stuck in the same place, with the same error. any suggestions?

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Anyone? Btw does unknown sources have to be checked before this or no?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Already did that, all my fastboot, adb commands work, which is why im at a lost here. seriously pissed off lol, watch it be something simple

harrymason37

Jan 17, 2014
Tago
Hello, I have been trying to unlock the bootloader on my Z2 for a couple of hours now with no luck. I am stuck. This is what I get when I input my unlock code.

finished. total time: 0.021sWhat could be wrong? Is there anyway to get more debug information to see why it's failing?

I have verified that ADB is turned on, plus the pc reads the phone when I use fastboot, I even tried using flashtool and get stuck in the same place, with the same error. any suggestions?

You have wrong unlocking code. Check carefully the codes(it's case sensitive so follow it how it is written), check if your phone is allowed to unlock bootloader (*#*#7378423#*#*) if not, then there is no way

Reactions: pafimal

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
unuhyjab.jpg
y7atyjah.jpg

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
You have wrong unlocking code. Check carefully the codes(it's case sensitive so follow it how it is written), check if your phone is allowed to unlock bootloader (*#*#7378423#*#*) if not, then there is no way

Bootloader unlock is allowed. This is driving me mad. Even tried a different laptop. Manually typed the code.....adb, fastboot, commands all work

King Cole

Jun 26, 2012
Boston, MA
Bootloader unlock is allowed. This is driving me mad. Even tried a different laptop. Manually typed the code.....adb, fastboot, commands all work

Just to clarify... You are actually typing in your key when typing in the command?

Like, replacing the "MYKEYGOTFROMSONY" part of "C:\fastboot>fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xMYKEYGOTFROMSONY" with your key?

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Also ensure you are not mixing 0 with O. There are diff. Btw, copy and past the codes only. No manual typing. Let's see. :)

Yeah I was doing everything correctly. Just requested a different code and that worked just fine.....not sure what was going on lol. Thanks for the
ideas.

Then it is only in your code, try to request another code, make sure your imei is correct

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.