tab 3 8.0 - uk ota kitkat rolling out

Search This thread

Smokey Mc Pot

Mar 23, 2013
Anyone experienced any random reboots whilst using the new KitKat update?

I've had one yesterday whilst installing some apps from the Play Store another today just after I un-installed an app.

Reading around seems a few of Samsung's devices are having issues with KitKat & random reboots etc.

I'm rooted so I'm not sure if that contributes to it what with KNOX an all?

Nope!

Did you done a factory reset yet?
Some features and apps in my tablet only apeared after I made a factory reset.
Also, there are some extra new settings on the first login.

I didn't experienced any lags yet, my tab is running freaking fast and smooth since the update, but I noticed that is also using more ram than before.
[emoji12](I think is because of the multiple users feature.)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dhd1802

Feb 20, 2011
No complaints for me. Fast and smooth... getting 5 hours of screen time (33% brightness) playing games, youtube which is no different than jb

*actually battery life is pretty messed up, getting 1hr 30mins of screen time now with the same usage pattern.
i updated a note 8 to kitkat 2 weeks ago, and that had the same issue with serious battery drain. samsung service centre said the battery was faulty with that, even though it was fine pre 4.4.2

Last edited:

Smokey Mc Pot

Mar 23, 2013
*actually battery life is pretty messed up, getting 1hr 30mins of screen time now with the same usage pattern.
i updated a note 8 to kitkat 2 weeks ago, and that had the same issue with serious battery drain. samsung service centre said the battery was faulty with that, even though it was fine pre 4.4.2

With Samsung devices sometimes you need to recalibrate the battery when you receive a firmware update.

All you need to do is:
- Back up your data and do a factory reset.
- Boot the device and allow the battery run out to the point it turns the device "OFF" on is own.
- After that recharge the device again and make sure not to use the device until the charge is complete.

And that should be enough to recalibrate the battery correctly again.

dhd1802

Feb 20, 2011
With Samsung devices sometimes you need to recalibrate the battery when you receive a firmware update.

All you need to do is:
- Back up your data and do a factory reset.
- Boot the device and allow the battery run out to the point it turns the device "OFF" on is own.
- After that recharge the device again and make sure not to use the device until the charge is complete.

And that should be enough to recalibrate the battery correctly again.

Tried that method, and left it charging over night.... Battery still drained in 90mins. Going g to try one of the other ways, before pulling the battery.

mzk_kool

Jun 30, 2014
Music Album Art Lockscreen

Hello
Is anyone getting the fullscreen album art on their lock screen?

emuX

Sep 2, 2009
Tried that method, and left it charging over night.... Battery still drained in 90mins. Going g to try one of the other ways, before pulling the battery.

Try installing CPU Spy and checking the CPU states. If you aren't getting deep sleep showing up as most of the CPU time (assuming the device is mostly idle) and it's mainly at 300MHZ then you've probably got an app wakelock issue that affects KitKat but didn't affect Jellybean.

dhd1802

Feb 20, 2011
Try installing CPU Spy and checking the CPU states. If you aren't getting deep sleep showing up as most of the CPU time (assuming the device is mostly idle) and it's mainly at 300MHZ then you've probably got an app wakelock issue that affects KitKat but didn't affect Jellybean.

it not a app issue, its the same battery calibration issue that i had with the note 8 kitkat.

(see pics) the spikes in battery life are from the tablet, being tuned back on after it automatically turns off for low battery. it will jump from 0% to between 8% and 11% which i can repeat over and over until i loose the will to live, and recharge it.

screen on time is currently 4hrs which is down from the previous 5hrs+, though is slowly improving. currently going throught the 0% to 11% cycle at the minute :eek:

battery_use.pngscreen_on_time.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a6a6y3y8.jpg

Currently downloading 696.43MB ota update

Installed, seems smooth
    Has multi user enabled

Screenshot_2014-06-25-09-32-54.png
    No problem, I'll try myself later or wait & update via Odin :)

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Forgot to ask, has this update added a newer KNOX enabled bootloader with warranty flag?

If you can, from powered off state, boot into Download Mode (Home + Volume Up + Power)

If it hasn't added one it'll have 5 lines saying this:

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]ODIN MODE[/COLOR][/B]
    PRODUCT NAME:
    CURRENT BINARY:
    SYSTEM STATUS:
    RP SWREV: A1

Are you able to confirm?

Thanks

as requested, this is what download mode shows..

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]ODIN MODE[/COLOR][/B]
    PRODUCT NAME: SM-T310
    CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
    SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
    RP SWREV: A1
    This is the French version that has been out for several days and is available on KIES and the SamMobile Firmware site.

this is the uk ota update that was pushed to my tab my tablet this morning.
    As of now there are 6 firmware releases, first five are based on the same build just with different CSC's I think.

India build is the latest, I flashed just the system.img & boot.img but didn't notice anything new, may be bug fixes, not entirely sure.

I did get a warning from KNOX that my system had been modified & to restart, which I never got on T310XXUBNE9 release?

May Build

Italy - T310XXUBNE9
    Switzerland - T310XXUBNE9
    United Kingdom - T310XXUBNE9
    Germany - T310XXUBNE9
    France - T310XXUBNE9

June Build

India - T310XXUBNF4

Source - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/