Change Background Image Of Your CWM Recovery - THE EASY WAY

Search This thread

navneetasnavi

Jul 21, 2013
ludhiana
Only For Windows Operating System .. !!!

So It is a post for beginners who want to just look inside the recovery.img and do some modification like changing the default background image to a custom image. So without wasting any time here We Go....

Requirements :

• Recovery.img (Most Important) :p
    Boot/Recovery repack utils for WINDOWS by @michfood
    Any Image editor Like Photoshop Or GIMP .

Procedure :

• Just place the recovery.img in the same folder where You extracted The boot/recovery repack tool.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_zps1617c90a.png

• Drag and drop recovery.img on MTK_Unpack and it will split the recovery into its parts.
bbbb_zpsb568499a.png

• Now browser into recovery > rmdisk > res > images open the images edit them or replace them with your desirable .png's.
bcbcbcbc_zps35ded4f0.png

• Now again drag the recovery folder and drop on MTK_pack after Modification.
Voila .!!!!!!!!
You are Done with changing the background of your custom recovery.
*/ Just Flash This Recovery In FastBoot. :D

PLEASE PRESS THANKS INSTEAD OF TYPING :fingers-crossed: THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING :eek:

pkb_always4u

Nov 24, 2010
Varanasi, India
ThanX :) Share It so That Other Olso LeaRn to Do It... (:)
I dont know why ts not working for me. After re-packing, it gives a file "new-image.img" and not "recovery.img". And also reccovery folder gets a "new-image.img" automatically. If it is supposed to work like this. Even this I tried to flash it on my mobile (MI3), it loses CWM whole and goes directly into fastboot. Thanks it didnt brick my mobile but something is definitely odd when repacking.

navneetasnavi

Jul 21, 2013
ludhiana
I dont know why ts not working for me. After re-packing, it gives a file "new-image.img" and not "recovery.img". And also reccovery folder gets a "new-image.img" automatically. If it is supposed to work like this. Even this I tried to flash it on my mobile (MI3), it loses CWM whole and goes directly into fastboot. Thanks it didnt brick my mobile but something is definitely odd when repacking.

bro see as per the repacking script it will create a new image u need to rename it to to recovery.img and more over the image that u are using in it that is to be edited in Gimp ... other i haven't used personally... and try to flash it using flashify.
post ur results too.

pkb_always4u

Nov 24, 2010
Varanasi, India
bro see as per the repacking script it will create a new image u need to rename it to to recovery.img and more over the image that u are using in it that is to be edited in Gimp ... other i haven't used personally... and try to flash it using flashify.
post ur results too.
Sure, I renamed the "new-image.img" as recovery.img and put it back into old Cwm.zip And got the fastboot. Lost recovery completely two times. Thanks for reply though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only For Windows Operating System .. !!!

So It is a post for beginners who want to just look inside the recovery.img and do some modification like changing the default background image to a custom image. So without wasting any time here We Go....

Requirements :

• Recovery.img (Most Important) :p
      Boot/Recovery repack utils for WINDOWS by @michfood
      Any Image editor Like Photoshop Or GIMP .

Procedure :

• Just place the recovery.img in the same folder where You extracted The boot/recovery repack tool.
    bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_zps1617c90a.png

• Drag and drop recovery.img on MTK_Unpack and it will split the recovery into its parts.
    bbbb_zpsb568499a.png

• Now browser into recovery > rmdisk > res > images open the images edit them or replace them with your desirable .png's.
    bcbcbcbc_zps35ded4f0.png

• Now again drag the recovery folder and drop on MTK_pack after Modification.
    Voila .!!!!!!!!
    You are Done with changing the background of your custom recovery.
    */ Just Flash This Recovery In FastBoot. :D

PLEASE PRESS THANKS INSTEAD OF TYPING :fingers-crossed: THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING :eek: