S5 Battery Consumption

Search This thread

TikyPR

Apr 11, 2014
I had an LG G Pro and when i went to sleep every night the phone was at 100% and it would be like that for 8 hours of sleep, now with my Galaxy S5 the phone will consume 1% in 8 hours. I know that's nothing but why is it doing that if i'm not using the phone.

Sparatan117

Oct 5, 2009
South Carolina
I had an LG G Pro and when i went to sleep every night the phone was at 100% and it would be like that for 8 hours of sleep, now with my Galaxy S5 the phone will consume 1% in 8 hours. I know that's nothing but why is it doing that if i'm not using the phone.

It all really depends on what your phone is doing or what is running in the background.

If you want to get to the root of the problem ( stand by for pun ) you should root your device (eyyyy ) but seriously root it and install wake lock detector. See what is using your phone and waking it up out of sleep. It could be that it randomly looses signal and starts searching for it during the night or it could be something like Facebook waking up and checking for updates.

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
The lg g pro has a stronger battery thats y

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Gerr1985

Feb 12, 2010
Chicago
You make is sound like you lost 1% of battery in 8 hours... umm that is actually quite good, amazing actually. Whats the problem?

Gerr1985

Feb 12, 2010
Chicago
It's not a problem, is just that if the phone screen is off and i'm not using it at all. It's not suppose to lose 1% of battery. I'm going to try what Said.

1% in idle is still amazing. Unless the phone is powered down, I'm not sure how you can really get much better than that.
"Samsung’s press materials say that the phone offers about 390 hours of standby time with LTE on." - Still insanely impressive and you probably have to have Ultra Power Saving mode on, which puts your phone's appearance and operations in crap mode.

If you lost 1% every 8 hours, then you will be getting roughly 800 hours of standby, which is double what Samsung claims you can achieve.

If you are going by what the other poster said, then he/she is likely referring to having the phone rooted and applying the "Greenify" app. This will hibernate anything, including system apps. I do hope you have luck with that... for some reason, when I use Greenify on this phone, I get worse battery life than with it off. I"m too lazy to tinker with it...

Reactions: TikyPR

djricekcn

Sep 27, 2010
you do know that the phone is still on consuming power / electricity during idle/sleep mode, right...? I get about 3 days idle if I rarely use the phone and have like 11 things syncing stuff, which I find good.

TikyPR

Apr 11, 2014
1% in idle is still amazing. Unless the phone is powered down, I'm not sure how you can really get much better than that.
"Samsung’s press materials say that the phone offers about 390 hours of standby time with LTE on." - Still insanely impressive and you probably have to have Ultra Power Saving mode on, which puts your phone's appearance and operations in crap mode.

If you lost 1% every 8 hours, then you will be getting roughly 800 hours of standby, which is double what Samsung claims you can achieve.

If you are going by what the other poster said, then he/she is likely referring to having the phone rooted and applying the "Greenify" app. This will hibernate anything, including system apps. I do hope you have luck with that... for some reason, when I use Greenify on this phone, I get worse battery life than with it off. I"m too lazy to tinker with it...

Thanks for The Fast Replys And Overall everything

devoidx

Mar 15, 2013
It's not a problem, is just that if the phone screen is off and i'm not using it at all. It's not suppose to lose 1% of battery.

How can you expect any electronic device that is ON to not have any battery consumption over 8 hours? obviously it needs to consume power to stay powered on...cpu is still running..cellphone still needs to maintain communication to the cell towers...syncing is still happening...running apps or system apps are still updating their status....

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
How can you expect any electronic device that is ON to not have any battery consumption over 8 hours? obviously it needs to consume power to stay powered on...cpu is still running..cellphone still needs to maintain communication to the cell towers...syncing is still happening...running apps or system apps are still updating their status....

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

raw2000j

Aug 3, 2007
Could be s5 battery is smaller than your old phone or u have more stuff syncing

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Sparatan117

Oct 5, 2009
South Carolina
Just found out something, not sure if it helps, but I did notice a significant increase when you turn off location services for Google apps... namely the ability for Google maps to access your surrounding area and probe it for updated information. I saw an immediate increase after 19 hours I was at 62% having used the phone for regular use... so I think this might be the main culprit, although I'm not sure what LG is doing. I suspect that there is some sort of background killer in there working behind the scenes though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not a problem, is just that if the phone screen is off and i'm not using it at all. It's not suppose to lose 1% of battery. I'm going to try what Said.