[Q] Installing stock apps on custom ROM possible?

Search This thread

lester78

Jun 23, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm searching from different threads but I didn't get any clear answer. Is it possible to install stock apps on custom roms like Omni and Cyanogenmod? I just want the stock camera of my Huawei P6. Anyone who can advise? I already have the stock apk and the odex file if needed. Thanks. :)

astrit1

Apr 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi guys,

I'm searching from different threads but I didn't get any clear answer. Is it possible to install stock apps on custom roms like Omni and Cyanogenmod? I just want the stock camera of my Huawei P6. Anyone who can advise? I already have the stock apk and the odex file if needed. Thanks. :)

Just the .apk and the odex are not all , we need for the camera some stock libs files to make the camera options work.

If someone knows plss tell us, we really like the stock camera :)

Reactions: lester78

XDAvatar

Jun 12, 2014
odex ? Most of the ROM's are deodexed, so creating that odex file it's not a good idea. Anyway, you can just install the app in a normal way, works very good. I have stock camera on OMNI 4.4.4 so, what are you waiting for.

Last edited:
Reactions: lester78

astrit1

Apr 14, 2014
OnePlus 7 Pro
odex ? Most of the ROM's are deodexed, so creating that odex file it's not a good idea. Anyway, you can just install the app in a normal way, works very good. I have stock camera on OMNI 4.4.4 so, what are you waiting for.

Yes Emui Camera work on Omni ROm but there are no options like in Emui Rom thats the problem

lester78

Jun 23, 2014

I checked the APKs of Omni 4.4.4 and I saw that there was a camera2.apk and gallery2.apk. Does it mean that the stock camera is already installed? But it doesn't look and feel like the stock camera. I tried installing my own gallery2.apk which I got somewhere but it said "app not installed." Can you share the stock camera you installed in your Omni rom? Thanks :)

Last edited:

lester78

Jun 23, 2014
I just upgraded to Paranoid Android 4.4. Still, the camera is the same with Omni 4.4.4. I tried installing the gallery2.apk from official B510 and got "app not installed". I'm getting paranoid here. lol. :eek:

lester78

Jun 23, 2014
Update: I successfully installed the stock camera from B510. I use ES file manager to copy the APK to system/app/ folder then reboot.

But the front camera flash is not working. Also, the beauty function is missing.

#Not satisfied.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Just the .apk and the odex are not all , we need for the camera some stock libs files to make the camera options work.

If someone knows plss tell us, we really like the stock camera :)