AT&T no boot animation after flashing ViperOne

Search This thread
Jul 24, 2010
Alabama
I am unlocked, rooted, s-off and running 4.3 on my AT&T m8. I recently flashed Viper One, which was my first ROM on this phone, and I no longer have a boot animation, for a while I thought I was stuck on the boot screen but it turns out that I have no boot animation. When I restart my phone all I get is the red text screen, lasts for maybe 3-4 minutes and then the screen turns off when the phone has booted. I asked in the Venom IRC and no one seemed to know what the problem was, so I just thought I would ask here. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it, thanks!

5m4r7ph0n36uru

Apr 23, 2014
MD5: 91497e1b11f2262d0d8ff0aa7a164f3b
I am unlocked, rooted, s-off and running 4.3 on my AT&T m8. I recently flashed Viper One, which was my first ROM on this phone, and I no longer have a boot animation, for a while I thought I was stuck on the boot screen but it turns out that I have no boot animation. When I restart my phone all I get is the red text screen, lasts for maybe 3-4 minutes and then the screen turns off when the phone has booted. I asked in the Venom IRC and no one seemed to know what the problem was, so I just thought I would ask here. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it, thanks!

Question I really read a lot.

As the ROM thread of Viper One states it is designed for FW 2.22.401.x Did you flash the newest FW? If yes you should have a boot animation.

Hit "Thanks" if I was if any help

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Jul 24, 2010
Alabama
Question I really read a lot.

As the ROM thread of Viper One states it is designed for FW 2.22.401.x Did you flash the newest FW? If yes you should have a boot animation.

Hit "Thanks" if I was if any help

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes I am on 2.22.401.4, that seemed to be what the people in the IRC seemed to think as well. I have considered going to 2.22.1540.3 and trying again but haven't had time to do so yet.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Please don't posts multiple threads asking the same question. I answered your question and attempted to help you here: http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8/help/boot-animation-restarting-installing-t2849818

Did you manually flash firmware with fastboot? If not, you are not on the new 2.22 firmware. Also check your hboot, if on the new firmware, it will be 3.18.

Otherwise, 2.22.1540 firmware is recommended for US users, so flash it.

Last edited: