[MOD] HTC Flashlight, no demo at startup

Search This thread

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
The HTC Flashlight app isn't bad. It looks fancy at least, and I see it's included in many ROMs, so it must do something better than TorchButton (my other baby).

Anyway, when you start HTC Flashlight, you get that annoying demo you have to wait for before you can use the app. Well, it's annoying to me at least.

Attached in the .zip is a fixed .exe in which the demo is skipped. The rest works like it does normally (light is turned on immediately at the middle setting). Just replace the original .exe with this one. If it's cooked into the ROM, you may not be able to overwrite it. Just put it somewhere else and make a shortcut then.

Btw, you can recognize if you use the modded .exe if you see FlashLight as title, instead of Flashlight (note the capital L).

Have fun.

Update march 7th
The original app can be downloaded from this thread, first post: [CAB] HTC Flashlight
(so after that, overwrite the exe with this one)

Update march 8th
Updated the attached .zip with a signed version of the executable, which prevents problems to run the fixed exe on stock roms and a number of custom roms.

aho77 made an updated cab wish signed version to install the whole thing, can be downloaded from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5817414#post5817414

Also attached is the certificate used to sign the executable. You shouldn't have to install this, but I provided it just in case.

Attachments

• HTCFlashlight-nodemo_v2.zip
    57.1 KB · Views: 7,017
  • netripper_cert.cab
    1.8 KB · Views: 1,784
Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

mmmalas

Dec 25, 2005
when trying to run it says:

the file cannot be trusted, either it is not signed with a truseted certificate or one of its components cannot be found

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
when trying to run it says:

the file cannot be trusted, either it is not signed with a truseted certificate or one of its components cannot be found
You can ignore that message. Just click 'yes' to continue. (You get that message because the .exe was modified, and that's correct.)

If you want to get rid of that message forever, run this cab:
http://www.netripper.com/raphael/Default_Signed_DisableSecurity.CAB

Can you post a cab file?
Not much point in that I think. This is just a hack for an existing app. You replace the .exe with this one. If I were to cab this, I'd have to provide the full app. I think there's like 3 dlls besides the exe normally.

[edit]
Here's you can download the original cab from, I'll add that to first post too: [CAB] HTC Flashlight (after installing that, overwrite with exe in first post)

Last edited:

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Strange...I can't get it to run too.

I get the same error message (cannot be opened, not signed with trusted cert, component missing.) Installed the cab you provided, reset, but still the same msg. Running as standalone or copied to windows folder, same result. On official ROM 1.66 WWE.

Kurni

Jan 12, 2005
Sydney
You can ignore that message. Just click 'yes' to continue. (You get that message because the .exe was modified, and that's correct.)

If you want to get rid of that message forever, run this cab:
http://www.netripper.com/raphael/Default_Signed_DisableSecurity.CAB

That message always appears and I am never given the option to run the exe. it always quit. installing the cab to disable the security message didn't make any difference. I wonder if it is because of my stock 1.66 ROM Asia or Resco explorer to unzip the file.

Please help.

Thanks,
Kurni

mirroalex

Aug 14, 2009
I have the same problem as a above... there isn't such a option as a "YES" to continue it closed also i have installed the cab but no luck ... :( any idea?

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
The mod should be great, but doesn't work for me neither.
I have the same problem as a above... there isn't such a option as a "YES" to continue it closed also i have installed the cab but no luck ... :( any idea?
That message always appears and I am never given the option to run the exe. it always quit. installing the cab to disable the security message didn't make any difference. I wonder if it is because of my stock 1.66 ROM Asia or Resco explorer to unzip the file.

I don't know why it's not working for you guys. Two of you reported to be using stock rom's. I've only tested this on energyrom which has htc flashlight cooked in. Maybe that's the problem.

Did the original htc flashlight app work for you guys before you tried using the patched one?

And just a short in the dark, try installing this cab with developer certificates (might need soft reset afterwards):
http://www.netripper.com/raphael/SdkCerts.cab

mmmalas

Dec 25, 2005
do I have to install this exe by itself,

or should it go where the original app was installed?

this could be the reason

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
I don't know why it's not working for you guys. Two of you reported to be using stock rom's. I've only tested this on energyrom which has htc flashlight cooked in. Maybe that's the problem.

Did the original htc flashlight app work for you guys before you tried using the patched one?

And just a short in the dark, try installing this cab with developer certificates (might need soft reset afterwards):
http://www.netripper.com/raphael/SdkCerts.cab

The original one works, but the patched exe doesn't.

On stock 1.66 asia WWE rom...wonder what's the problem. :(

And the original exe is in the Windows directory, replace or renamed gives the same problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The HTC Flashlight app isn't bad. It looks fancy at least, and I see it's included in many ROMs, so it must do something better than TorchButton (my other baby).

Anyway, when you start HTC Flashlight, you get that annoying demo you have to wait for before you can use the app. Well, it's annoying to me at least.

Attached in the .zip is a fixed .exe in which the demo is skipped. The rest works like it does normally (light is turned on immediately at the middle setting). Just replace the original .exe with this one. If it's cooked into the ROM, you may not be able to overwrite it. Just put it somewhere else and make a shortcut then.

Btw, you can recognize if you use the modded .exe if you see FlashLight as title, instead of Flashlight (note the capital L).

Have fun.

Update march 7th
    The original app can be downloaded from this thread, first post: [CAB] HTC Flashlight
    (so after that, overwrite the exe with this one)

Update march 8th
    Updated the attached .zip with a signed version of the executable, which prevents problems to run the fixed exe on stock roms and a number of custom roms.

aho77 made an updated cab wish signed version to install the whole thing, can be downloaded from this post: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5817414#post5817414

Also attached is the certificate used to sign the executable. You shouldn't have to install this, but I provided it just in case.