[Q] SixAxis Wireless.... HELP!!

Search This thread

NCSUZoSo

Aug 3, 2013
North Carolina
So I am sure plenty of you guys know Sixaxis has been given a lot of us a really big problem and a lot of people are rooting (and voiding warranties) just to find out that Sixaxis doesn't pair with TN7.. Has ANYONE been able to get this to work with their TN7 wirelessly. If so please explain exactly what you had to do to achieve this. I really don't want to buy another controller and I like Sixaxis software. I have never gotten Sixaxis to work with the TN7 using Bluetooth, but I had it working with my now sold Nexus 7, although I did have some issues then.

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
Try using sixaxos enabler

Sent from my XT1032 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I haven't rooted note yet still doing homework on it but just plugged ps3 controller in with otg cable and played the games stated controller compatible and hey presto worked like a charm but I did use both sixaxis and sixasis enabler to get one red light on controller:)

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
Egg on my face lol rooted note noe I can't get sixasis working lol even used sixaxis pair tool and still no joy , can anyone pls confirm does sixasis work with tegra note 7 or it doesent would love to know ?:eek:

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
afaik it doesnt. Was discussed in another thread here, someone said the n7 has similar bluetooth drivers like the <insert device where sixasis doesnt work>.
alternative is 360 controller, dont know about the wireless version, but wired works perfekt.

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
Cheers for that m8 :(think will just save pennies for Bluetooth controller anyone know a good one for the note seven ?

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
I have a Moga Pro that pairs just fine, but that thing is prone to some serious lag sometimes. I just plug my PS3 controller in with an OTG cable and it works fine, no root or anything. It's funny, Nyko's Playpad is supposed to be the "official" controller of this thing, but I've read people having a lot of issues with those as well. I also remember seeing one random post of someone using one of the GameStop controllers with theirs, and they gave the impression that it worked fine but didn't really say so.

damianiw

May 22, 2009
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thanks for your comment on sixaxis using otg cable, I have sixaxis app as I purchased for my last tablet but as mentioned here it won't work on tegra note as Bluetooth driver isn't compatible :(

I purchased a steel series free mobile whilst in USA but didn't get on with it so was wondering about ps3 pad via otg cable and sixaxis app - would prefer wireless but I like the pad and remapping abilities

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

rchrdcrg

Nov 19, 2010
Branson, MO
www.youtube.com
I have the SixAxis app, but I've never had to use it with this tablet; PS3 controllers will work through USB with no additional software required. The only need for it would be remapping, and come to think of it, I'm not sure if you can remap controls in the SixAxis app without it being connected via BT... I've never tried.

Oh, and damianiw, you might wanna check your signature... judging by the "Sent from my TegraNote-P1640" in your post, you're no longer "soon to own" one of these :) Welcome to the club!

Ragnorok64

Nov 9, 2010
Man, I'm kind of bummed that I got this nice tablet with the features I wanted but have run smack into a Bluetooth comparability wall. I can't synch Wii or Wii U Pro controllers to it. To get PS3 controllers to work I have to use an app, an adapter, and an OTG cable, which means I can't game and charge.

Some of the most fun I had with my Acer A500 was hooking it up to HDMI out, plugging in the charger, synching up some Wii remotes with classic controllers and playing through Seiken Densetsu 3 with my friends. I was hoping to be able to replicate that with a smaller more powerful tablet but looks like that can't happen for a while if at all.

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Andy4Shurr

Jun 3, 2014
Manchester
you need to use the Nyko Playpad pro, they work perfectly over bluetooth and are endorsed by Nvidia for use on both the Tegra Note 7 and Nvidia Shield - (both packing Tegra 4's).

I just received my PlayPad Pro today and I've got to say I'm pretty disappointed, especially after reading a few decent reviews. There are very noticeable deadzones on the sticks, the shoulder buttons are spongy and uncomfortable to use which is annoying as they are used more in games than the better quality triggers.

Maybe I've been spoilt, having used the SixAxis app on my last tablet which was just awesome. It's a real shame we can't get that working with the PS3 pad on the TN7, as that is far far superior to this PlayPad Pro.

Last edited: