[Q&A] Miui For Infuse Rom

Search This thread

BDanielsXi

Feb 18, 2011
I flashed miui about a week ago. The .30 edition.

Well I want to update and when I try to boot into cwm it just sits at Samsung screen.

I tried to flash the cwm through Tom manager and still nothing. =\

MattSoRaven

Jun 28, 2011
I was having the same problem booting into cwm. I followed LG_iiNsTiiNcT's directions that are below via the2rrell and I was able to boot Jordan's update. Thanks guys.

i have seen 2 fixes for this...... this is one of them from "LG"

Okay so if you were one of the few people who lost recovery for some weird reason "ME" no need to unbrick to stock and re-flash I have a solution.
1: Download sgs kernel flasher
2: Download CWM community kernel
3: Flash kernel via sgs kernel flasher "unchecked the reboot button" when done flashing turn phone of "SHUTDOWN"
4: 3 finger until the Samsung logo pops up keep holding the buttons the screen will go black then Samsung logo will come up, let go of the power button and keep hold the volume up and down buttons "For about 20 seconds" then let go it should boot into Red CWM after a few seconds.
5: Go to install zip from SD card go all the way down and run update.zip it will boot back into RED CWM run update.zip again and it should now boot into GREEN CWM
6: From here Re-Flash MIUI "New Release would be smart", Wipe Fact,Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik, Flash, reboot at sign of Samsung logo pull battery, 3 finger into blue recovery and flash again.
7: Presto you should be set and have recovery back.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroduso

LG_iiNsTiiNcT

Jan 12, 2011
I was having the same problem booting into cwm. I followed the2rrell's directions that are below and was able to boot Jordan's update. Thanks guys.
My directions lol..
So I made a theme and I want to share it but for some reason the carrier logo and Sinhalese bars that are in systemui don't show up I have to put them in systemui.apk from the actual rom

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

MattSoRaven

Jun 28, 2011
Haha. Well thanks man. I was confused about what he meant by "LG". I edited the my post. It worked great.

elbobo

Nov 9, 2010
kernels

sorry for the dumb question, but can we flash any gb kernel (such as infusion 1.1) onto MIUI to improve battery life or will that get me stuck in a boot loop?
thanks in advance

chipstien

Aug 12, 2011
Well I had great success with 1.9.23 and 1.9.30. Read about all the people having issues with CWM and laughed thinking they obviously did something wrong. Well lo and behold, updated to 1.10.7 and now I have no recovery. Gah! So what is my recourse? I flashed exactly as I did before so it wasn't user error. Anyone have a clue as to how to get Recovery back?

Erik_T

Sep 15, 2011
Voo-Doo??

I've ready everywhere about this rom but I cannot find the answer for this!

Do I need to turn off Voo-Doo lag fix for this rom??

Thanks

LG_iiNsTiiNcT

Jan 12, 2011
Well I had great success with 1.9.23 and 1.9.30. Read about all the people having issues with CWM and laughed thinking they obviously did something wrong. Well lo and behold, updated to 1.10.7 and now I have no recovery. Gah! So what is my recourse? I flashed exactly as I did before so it wasn't user error. Anyone have a clue as to how to get Recovery back?

First page my fix is posted haven't heard from anyone that it doesn't work always success sofar give it a shot

djlobes

Aug 4, 2011
So is .10 an update or will I have to restore all my apps, themes and settings again?

Kassidyyyy

May 26, 2011
How do i get extended settings to work :s or is it not yet working for this version of miui?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

Mohammad_Adib

Sep 8, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Umm...so MIUI will be updated every friday for the infuse? I have a small issue with that which is that all my widgets dissapear on my home screen after updating and it takes like 10 mins to get them back again...Any way to avoid this?

Also another HUGE ISSUE
Why does 3d lag so badly? The GPU renders very slowly i went from 57 fps to 28 in quadrant. Can someone explain this? Makes no sense how everything else is super smooth yet the 3d i just horribly slow?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice:
    This thread is for general questions regarding MIUI FOR INFUSE ROM.
    OK guys so tomorrow will be an update for miui. I would like to know what to change.

What would you like added?
    Removed?

Give me some ideas and feedback... I port the miui ROM for everyone to enjoy. So let me know how I can make it the best it can possibly be!!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    I just like to keep up with what everyone is doing! I'm running MUIU 2.4.6 on my NC and MIUI 2.6.22 on my Infuse. I have tried a lot of ROM's , but MIUI just about tops everything.

You need to talk Th3bill into working on the NC....I thought Hockeyfamily had something going, but he seems to have gotten sidetracked!!! I'm probably going to get a Nexus 7 but I would keep my NC to play with....after all, it has been my constant companion for about a year and a half.

NC? Get me some info on it, and I'll see what I can do. Always like a good challenge. I didn't even know what the Infuse LOOKED like or what hardware it had when I started working on the rom for it :)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I was running that for a while, but I really wanted to try ICS. Check out Th3bill's thread. It is very stable and the only thing not working is bluetooth and USB transfer.

Those 2 items are working now on 2.6.29 :)
    You can get to recovery, Press all the buttons till u see the samsung logo dont leave them let the samsung logo go and then come back now leave the power button this will tke u too recovery.

Try this for 2/3 times it will work.
    I have the 1.9.30 miui rom on my Infuse 4g. The problem is that the updater refuses to update my phone to 1.10.7 even though it is out! It keeps notifying me of an update, but when I go open the updater it searches for new software and then tells me that I have the latest rom installed.

Plz help!! I am new to Miui:confused:

I would suggest just manually pushing it and flashing it thru CWM if its bothering u that much. just download the zip, put it on ur sd card, three finger to recovery (blue), flash the zip file and reboot:\ for more detailed instructions if ur new to flashing just ask...
    or watch the video here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1294491

sorry for the noob question but how do i go from 3 icons on the launcher to 4 icons

if ur on miui then just drag an icon to the dock, by long-pressing the icon. (can have up to 6 icons on the dock)

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Does anyone know if its possible to get the android navi on MIUI?

go to market and download google maps, u should have navigation app once its downloaded ^.^